SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Looking for live-action shorts of a narrative nature.
|Looking for animated works of any and all lengths and created in all kinds of different media from clay to paper to pixels.
|Short documentaries of all styles.
|Experimental films of all lengths
Works submitted to this category should be well outside the range of traditional narrative, documentary or animation forms although they may contain residual elements of them. Additionally, they may be considered if they fall within the scope of classical structural-materialist or visionary schools of experimental art. Works submitted to this category that do not qualify as either will be required to re-submit. If you are at all unsure about your work, please feel free to reach out to us before submitting and we will be happy to provide guidance.
Please ensure that you include an artistic statement with your entry as it will be used in jurying. It can be included in your director's statement.
|This is the category to submit narrative and dramatic feature length works.
|This is the category for short documentaries of any style.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The mission of the Festival is to expose youth and adults to a broad range of cultural, artistic and philosophical ideas and lifestyles through the presentation of film, video, new media and inter-activities in order to stimulate critical analysis and inspire an interest in using the medium as a creative tool.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
One of MovieMaker magazine's Top 50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee for 2015, 2016 & 2017!
The Victoria Film Festival presents more than 100 features, documentaries and shorts to an appreciative audience during it's ten day celebration of film. Eclectic and inspiring, the Festival hosts an array of guests that includes film directors, producers, distributors, festival and TV programmers.
Donovan Aikman; Kathy Kay (Director); M. Donavan Aikman; M. Donovan Aikman (Programmer)
The Victoria Film Festival presents more than 100 features, documentaries and shorts every year to an appreciative audience during it’s ten day celebration of film. Eclectic and inspiring, the Festival hosts an array of guests that includes film directors, producers, distributors, festival and TV programmers. The Festival has been sited in such media as The Globe and Mail, The Seattle Times, Variety, and CBC.
All cheque or money orders payable to Victoria Film Festival.
All funds must be in Canadian or US Dollars.
If paying via cheque/money order, include the name of the film being submitted on the payment.
1. May be fiction, documentary, animation or experimental of short or feature length.
2. Only films completed in 2016 or 2017 will be considered.
3. Films which have received television or theatrical exposure in the Victoria, B.C. area prior to the festival are not eligible.
4. Films available on the internet are not eligible.
5. Please include two film stills and a director's headshot with your entry. These can be emailed or included with submission.
6. VFF now accepts only online screeners for preview purposes. Entries should be submitted by secure password-protected internet link. The link must NOT be visible to the public.
7. If submitting via DVD is desired, please contact the programmer before submitting.
8. If selected for the festival, exhibition prints may be presented in DVD, Blu-Ray, DCP or QuickTime compliant file. Filmmakers must deliver final format as indicated for festival screening. No exceptions. Shorts will be compiled into programs for screening. Titles minutes may be delivered to the festival digitally.
The Festival will provide a complimentary Gold Pass for two representatives from each feature (75+ minutes) presented and six complimentary tickets to one screening of the film. Short filmmakers will receive one complimentary Gold pass and two complimentary tickets to one screenings of their film.
Entries will be reviewed by a Selection Committee appointed by the Festival Director. The Selection Committee will provide a list of those film and video works which it feels should be part of the Festival and will provide a short list of nominees for Festival awards. Entrants will be notified of the decisions of the Festival by December 31, 2017.
1. All shipping costs to Victoria must be paid by the participant.
2. The Festival will pay the cost of outbound shipping.
3. For international films, our print traffic coordinator will contact you with specific instructions.
4. Promotional materials of selected films become the property of the VFF and can be used to promote the Festival and the programs of the Festival in all mediums.
5. At the Festival, filmmakers will be able to sell copies of their work if desired. Contact the Festival for further details.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Victoria Film Festival will make every effort to ensure the safe keeping of all films and videos submitted for exhibition. However, the applicant in applying to the Festival agrees to release the Festival, its Officers, Directors and other representatives from any and all claims arising in any way from the submission of materials by or on behalf of the Applicant, whether film, video or otherwise to the Festival. If you wish to insure your film, please make arrangements with the programmer. You accept these conditions by submitting to us.
Accepting these conditions implies that you have the legal right to represent and submit this film for consideration along with your acceptance of The Victoria Film Festival regulations. By signing this form, you also agree to allow the festival the use of your film and its publicity materials for promotional purposes. Please sign below and return this Entry Form with one preview copy, one black and white and one colour still, and your entry fee.
You accept these conditions by submitting to us.