SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Each spring Full Frame welcomes filmmakers and film lovers from around the world to historic downtown Durham, North Carolina, for a four-day, morning to midnight array of over 100 films as well as discussions, panels, and southern hospitality. Set within a four-block radius, the intimate festival landscape fosters community and conversation between filmmakers, film professionals, and the public.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The festival is a program of the Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University (a non-profit, 501c3). For more information about the festival, please visit www.fullframefest.org.
Emma Miller (Programming Coordinator)
; Gail Exum (Business Manager)
; Sadie Tillery (Director of Programming)
2015 APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
ENTRY FORM: Full Frame partners with the online submission service Withoutabox. Entries can be submitted via www.withoutabox.com.
ENTRY FEE & DEADLINES: Submission fees are the same for Shorts and Features.
REGULAR DEADLINE / August 15 – October 15 / $40.
LATE DEADLINE / October 16 – December 15 / $60.
These are SHIPPED BY DEADLINES. Entries postmarked after October 15 will be charged the Late Deadline Fee. Entries postmarked after December 15 may not be considered. FEES are non-refundable.
SUBMISSION FORMAT: Full Frame requires THREE (3) DVD preview screeners in the NTSC (Region 1 or 0) or PAL format. Please include the film title, running time, tracking number, and format (NTSC or PAL) on each disc. If available, paper sleeves are preferred.
PAYMENT: Submission fees can be paid by credit card or check via Withoutabox.
RETURNS: If you would like your preview screeners returned, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your submission materials. Otherwise, DVD screeners will not be returned.
ROUGH CUTS, PREMIERES, AND RESUBMISSIONS: Have further questions about submitting your film? We know it's complicated! Check out our website or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2015 FULL FRAME TERMS OF ENTRY
Exhibiting filmmaker (“Exhibitor”) represents and warrants that:
1. All persons who are featured in the film have given unrestricted permission for use of their images, words, and performances, waiving or assigning to Exhibitor all rights including but not limited to copyrights and moral rights.
2. To the extent any pre-existing material is used in the film that is not original to Exhibitor, except brief clips of video and/or audio material used only to the extent reasonably necessary for purposes of public criticism, commentary and documentary reporting relevant to the thesis of the film, Exhibitor has obtained unrestricted permission from all rights holders for use of the material in the film and for display and performance of the film or any portions thereof in any and all venues and media, including for promotional purposes.
3. To the extent any remaining rights relating to the film are owned by third parties, Exhibitor warrants that Exhibitor has all rights and permissions necessary to permit the showing of the film at the Full Frame Documentary Film Festival (a program of The Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University referred to hereinafter, collectively, as “Full Frame”) and any other events sponsored by Full Frame at which Exhibitor agrees or has agreed the film may be exhibited, and for use of excerpts or portions thereof in any and all venues and media, including for promotional purposes.
4. All materials submitted to Full Frame are otherwise the original work of Exhibitor (and its employees, if any), and not of any third party.
5. Exhibitor has good and marketable title to the entire submitted work. Exhibitor shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Full Frame from any and all liability, loss, costs, damage, judgment, or expense (including reasonable attorneys fees) resulting from or arising in any way out of any such claims by any third parties that are based upon, or are the result of any breach of the warranties in this Exhibition Agreement.
6. The film may be used by Full Frame to promote the Full Frame Documentary Film Festival. Exhibitor grants Full Frame the right to use stills and/or titles, and information from the film for such promotional purposes.
7. Full Frame, upon gaining possession of the film reels or videos, will only accept limited financial responsibility for damage to the film reels and/or videos. This limited responsibility extends until the time that Full Frame ships the film reels or videos to the return address provided by Exhibitor or its partners. The definition of this limited financial responsibility includes only a refund of laboratory expenses for making a new print of the reel(s) of film damaged, or the duplication of the videotape. This refund will be calculated according to current US laboratory prices. The limited financial responsibility does not extend to costs concerning damages to negatives, positives, or masters.
By completing the online entry form, Exhibitor constitutes his/her full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof and that Exhibitor has read and complies with the 2015 Full Frame Documentary Film Festival Terms of Entry.