SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Features: minimum 40 minutes
|Shorts: Films up to 40 minutes.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (IFFLA) is a nonprofit organization devoted to a greater appreciation of Indian cinema and culture by showcasing films, honoring entertainment industry performers and business executives, and promoting the diverse perspectives of the Indian diaspora.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The festival will mark its sixteenth year on April 11-15, 2018 at Regal L.A. LIVE: A Barco Innovation Center. This will be IFFLA’s second year in the state-of-the-art, world-class cinema in the heart of Los Angeles’ vibrant and developing downtown district, with Zee Cinema returning for its fourth year as presenting sponsor.
IFFLA showcases a combination of features and shorts, with documentaries and animation welcome in both categories. The Festival provides programming and activities that no other film festival in Los Angeles offers and serves a community of Indian and international filmmakers that has the potential of reaching a crossover audience. IFFLA offers the Los Angeles community a unique opportunity to learn about India's multi-faceted culture and long history of filmmaking.
Question and Answer Sessions
Directors, producers, and cast are invited to present their films and share their experiences with the audiences.
IFFLA offers jury awards for Best Feature and Best Short. Audience Choice Awards in the Best Feature and Best Short categories give the audience the opportunity to vote for their favorite film while offering the filmmakers valuable feedback from the public.
Industry professionals from major and independent production and distribution companies are invited to participate in one-on-one 10-minute meetings with the participating filmmakers. The objective of this program is to offer a new generation of talented filmmakers the opportunity to meet with players of the North American film industry and provide them with a unique opportunity to advance their careers.
The Opening and Closing Night Galas begin with a screening of a feature film followed by receptions that include Indian culinary delights, music and dance performances. In addition, the Festival presents Tributes and Retrospectives to acclaimed Indian filmmakers.
Decorated with a distinctly Indian influence, the IFFLA Lounge offers a wide range of information and activities. Festival attendees are able to obtain information about Indian and Los Angeles-based organizations while networking in between screenings and during daily and nightly receptions.
Dipika Bisht (Operations Coordinator); Ritesh Mehta (Programming Coordinator)
IFFLA Submission Rules
Eligible for the festival are films from India or by filmmakers of Indian descent worldwide irrespective of theme, as well as films by international filmmakers with a prevalent Indian focus. Films must have been completed in 2016 or later, and not had a public screening in Los Angeles prior to the festival. For short films, an LA Premiere status is strongly preferred, but not required. Please note that films that are publicly available on streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, etc.on or before the festival dates will not be eligible to screen at IFFLA.
Filmmakers may submit more than one entry. Each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form and entry fee.
All entries must be submitted via Withoutabox. Filmmakers must submit an online screener of their film through Withoutabox, or by providing a link to an external site (e.g., Vimeo) with any passwords needed to view the film.
The festival is no longer accepting DVDs as a format of submission.
The entry fee is non-refundable. We only accept checks, US money orders or credit card payments through Withoutabox. Please make check or money order payable to Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles, in US dollars.
*To receive a student discount on Withoutabox for the Shorts category, filmmaker/film must be registered as a student project. Students must be, or have been, enrolled in an accredited school (K-12, undergrad, graduate) at the time of production. You do not need to be a student currently to submit your film. If you have chosen to use the student discount, you will need to provide proof by student ID emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If not, you will be subject to the full price for submission.
If your film is selected, you will be required to provide the film in an approved format, a press kit with press reviews, synopsis, full credits, film stills, trailer (or film clips), posters, and a director's bio with a headshot.
All filmmakers will be notified via email by February 28, 2018.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles Rules and Regulations
1. Films are invited to be shown in the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles by the festival director in consultation with staff and advisory groups. Inclusion in the festival is at the sole discretion of the festival director.
2. The number, dates, times and locations of screenings shall be at the discretion of the festival director. Each film will receive no more than a maximum of two screenings.
3. Once a film is selected to be screened at the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles, producers or distributors agree not to hold a screening of the film in Los Angeles prior to the festival screening.
4. All films selected for presentation will be returned, immediately after the festival ends, to the recipient specified on the invited film entry form or otherwise authorized in writing by the film’s representative.
5. Films will be shown to the press in advance of the festival if at all possible unless the representative specifies "no press screenings" on the entry form (or in writing to the festival office).
6. Films invited by the festival should provide adequate publicity material, stills, and the film in an approved format.
7. Shipping charges for all unsolicited material, including films or videotapes, to the festival for possible consideration will be at the sender's expense, and must be sent prepaid. Unsolicited material sent C.O.D. will not be accepted.
8. Invited films should be sent pre-paid to the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles. After the screening(s) they will be returned at the expense of the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles pre-paid, and the receiver will be advised by fax or e-mail of the shipping details.
9. Submission of a signed entry constitutes acceptance of the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles regulations. Additionally, festival management reserves the right to decide all questions not specifically provided for in the regulations.
10. All disputes, matters of interpretation, controversies and other issues arising under, or relating to, the entry form or regulations shall be determined and resolved according to the laws of the State of California.