DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (IFFLA) is a nonprofit organization devoted to a greater appreciation of Indian cinema and culture by showcasing films, honoring entertainment industry performers and business executives, and promoting the diverse perspectives of the Indian diaspora.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The festival will mark its thirteenth year on April 8-12, 2015 at ArcLight Hollywood, the elegant, state-of-the-art facility in the heart of Los Angeles.
IFFLA showcases a combination of features, shorts and documentaries. The Festival provides programming and activities that no other film festival in Los Angeles offers and serves a community of Indian and international filmmakers that has the potential of reaching a crossover audience. IFFLA offers the Los Angeles community a unique opportunity to learn about India's multi-faceted culture and long history of filmmaking.
Bollywood By Night
Our exciting and highly anticipated Bollywood By Night program includes late night 21+ screenings of classic, new, fresh and noteworthy Bollywood films. Chill out, have a drink, and enter a world that's like nothing you've ever experienced!
Question and Answer Sessions
Directors, producers, and cast are invited to present their films and share their experiences with the audiences.
IFFLA offers jury awards for Best Feature and Best Short, as well as Best Actor and Actress in a Feature Film. Audience Choice Awards in the Best Feature and Best Short categories give the audience the opportunity to vote for their favorite film while offering the filmmakers valuable feedback from the public.
Industry professionals from major and independent production and distribution companies are invited to participate in one-on-one 10-minute meetings with the participating filmmakers. The objective of this program is to offer a new generation of talented filmmakers the opportunity to meet with players of the North American film industry and provide them with a unique opportunity to advance their careers.
The Opening and Closing Night Galas begin with a screening of a feature film followed by receptions that include Indian culinary delights, music and dance performances. In addition, the Festival presents Tributes and Retrospectives to acclaimed Indian filmmakers.
Decorated with a distinctly Indian influence, the IFFLA Lounge offers a wide range of information and activities. Festival attendees are able to obtain information about Indian and Los Angeles-based organizations while networking in between screenings and during daily and nightly receptions.
IFFLA Rhythm Village
Festival and ArcLight Hollywood guests have the unique opportunity able to experience free live dance and music performances at the ArcLight Courtyard throughout the festival.
; Dipika Bisht (Operations Coordinator)
; Jasmine Jaisinghani (Artistic Director)
; Karl Gossot
; Lauren Dragicevich
IFFLA Submission Rules
Eligible for the festival are films from India or by filmmakers of Indian descent worldwide irrespective of theme, as well as films by international filmmakers with a prevalent Indian focus. Films must have been completed in 2013 or later, and not had a public screening in Los Angeles prior to the festival.
Filmmakers may submit more than one entry. Each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form and entry fee.
All entries must be submitted via Withoutabox. It is preferred for filmmakers to submit an online screener of their film through Withoutabox, or by providing a link to an external site (e.g., Vimeo) with any passwords needed to view the film.
Submission DVDs must be labeled with the Withoutabox tracking number, film title, running time, format (PAL or NTSC), and contact information on the DVD label. Two (2) DVD copies of the film are required. Submission DVDs will not be returned.
The entry fee is non-refundable. We only accept checks, US money orders or credit card payments through Withoutabox. Please make check or money order payable to Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles, in US dollars.
If your film is selected, you will be required to provide 10 DVD (NTSC) screeners, a press kit with press reviews, synopsis, full credits, film stills, trailer (or film clips), posters, and a director's bio with a headshot.
All filmmakers will be notified via email by February 27, 2015.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles Rules and Regulations
1. Films are invited to be shown in the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles by the festival director in consultation with staff and advisory groups. Inclusion in the festival is at the sole discretion of the festival director.
2. The number, dates, times and locations of screenings shall be at the discretion of the festival director. Each film will receive no more than a maximum of two screenings.
3. Once a film is selected to be screened at the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles, producers or distributors agree not to hold a screening of the film in Los Angeles prior to the festival screening.
4. All films selected for presentation will be returned, immediately after the festival ends, to the recipient specified on the invited film entry form or otherwise authorized in writing by the film’s representative.
5. Films will be shown to the press in advance of the festival if at all possible unless the representative specifies "no press screenings" on the entry form (or in writing to the festival office).
6. Films invited by the festival should provide adequate publicity material, stills, and a DVD.
7. Shipping charges for all unsolicited material, including films or videotapes, to the festival for possible consideration will be at the sender's expense, and must be sent prepaid. Unsolicited material sent C.O.D. will not be accepted.
8. Invited films should be sent pre-paid to the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles. After the screening(s) they will be returned at the expense of the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles pre-paid, and the receiver will be advised by fax or e-mail of the shipping details.
9. Submission of a signed entry constitutes acceptance of the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles regulations. Additionally, festival management reserves the right to decide all questions not specifically provided for in the regulations.
10. All disputes, matters of interpretation, controversies and other issues arising under, or relating to, the entry form or regulations shall be determined and resolved according to the laws of the State of California.