OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The mission of the Rehoboth Beach Film Society is to promote film as an art form through community outreach and educational film initiatives. The Film Society sponsors monthly screenings, community outreach efforts, special events, and the Rehoboth Beach Independent Film Festival.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Rehoboth Beach Independent Film Festival is a multi-day event in a popular resort town on southern Delaware's Atlantic coast. The festival began in 1998 and has since grown to a thriving cultural resource in the mid-Atlantic region. The festival screens American and international features, shorts, and documentaries.
The festivals utilizes venues throughout the community. Besides the population of Delaware, our festival has become an important cultural destination for film enthusiasts from Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington DC, New York City and beyond.
Joe Bilancio (Festival Program Director); Sue Early (Executive Director)
(1) All film submissions must be a DVD (NTSC and PAL) or via a secured link on Without A Box or sent directly to Programming Director at Joe@rehobothfilm.com. An entry form must accompany each entry, along with full payment. Filmmakers claiming the student fee must provide a photocopy of their current student ID cards. (2) Selected films must be made available for Festival presentation in 35mm, DCP, HD File, Blu-ray or prfessionally mastered DVD.
(3) Physical entries must be labeled with the film title, running time and contact information (including name, address, and phone number).
(4) Foreign language films must be made available with the original language soundtrack and English subtitles.
(5) Films previously submitted to the Rehoboth Beach Film Society (RBFS) will not be considered (unless requested by RBFS).
(6) All film submissions must be shipped prepaid and packed in proper containers to arrive at the Film Festival office no later than July 1, 2014. To receive acknowledgment of receipt of your entry, enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope or postcard with your submission.
(7) Films selected for screening will be notified by the end of September.
(8) If a film is invited to participate, the film must be shipped prepaid, insured and packed in proper containers. The RBFS will be responsible for return shipping charges. International shipping will not b paid for domestic films.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(i) The RBFS does not assume any liability for damage to prints due to improper containers or otherwise. All films in our possession will be insured against damage or loss only while participating in the festival.
(ii) The RBFS is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademarks, credits or royalty infringements related to the work. Submission of an entry to this festival signifies that the entrant understands, accepts and agrees to these conditions.
(iii) Materials of films selected for screening become the property of the RBFS, and can be used to promote the film and programs of the Society in all mediums including film, television, radio and the Internet.