OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Santa Fe Film Festival celebrates all facets of cinematic arts, locally, regionally, and globally. Our annual event honors those working both behind the scenes & on screen to bring the best of film creation, production, & showings to the public.
The Festival will continue to grow as the leading exhibition and educational portal for all things cinematic in New Mexico.
The Santa Fe Film Festival is a cultural, not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) organization.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Established in 1999, the 15th edition of Santa Fe Film Festival will run December 2-6, 2015. Santa Fe Film Festival will collaborate with arts organizations throughout the city and the surrounding areas to present a curated selection of approximately 100 films over 5 days along with panels, workshops, industry opportunities and celebrations.
Filmmakers, journalists, industry leaders and audiences from around the world gather together in this relaxed, intimate setting to celebrate the cinematic arts through a selection of the best in world cinema, a spotlight on New Mexico filmmakers, revisiting the classics and discovering new ways to enjoy the moving image arts.
We constantly seek improvement in our respective crafts and provide film makers with resources to pursue their dreams.
The festival program includes narrative and documentary features, a variety of shorts programs, gaming, music videos as well as special screenings of archival restorations and retrospectives. Embracing the full spectrum of cinematic arts, Santa Fe Film Festival extends beyond screenings to its "artists in conversation" series.
The festival is infused with the creative spirit and multi-ethnic culture of the region that is reflected in Santa Fe's unique historic architecture, robust fine and folk arts scene, thriving film industry, latin-infused cuisine and the friendliness of its residents.
Aaron Leventman (Head Programmer)
; Aaron Leventman (Head Programmer)
; Jeff Neil
; Jeff Neil
; Jeff Neil
; Karl Ferguson
; NaNi Rivera (Executive Director)
1. The submitted film must be the original work of the Filmmaker.
2. A student submitting a film must provide a photocopy of a current and valid student ID or a letter from his/her school verifying enrollment.
3. The Filmmaker is responsible for all shipping costs, domestic or international.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Film's submittal to Santa Fe Film Festival (SFFF or Festival):
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film
at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the Festival's presentation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and me. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at the Festival may include cash awards. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival or the official sponsors of the Festival because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival of the content of the Film or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Santa Fe Film Festival, the affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities of each, and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, advisors and agents of each of the
foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Festival.
6. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Film and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
7. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New Mexico and conclusively determined by arbitration in the City of Santa Fe in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed by the parties. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
8. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations for submitting a film to the Festival, located at http://www.santafefilmfestival.com.
9. By clicking "I Agree" below, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by Santa Fe Film Festival.
Filmmaker grants the Santa Fe Film Festival the right to use a clip or clips from the film or any press materials submitted for publicity and promotional purposes.
10. For accepted titles, the Festival should receive the exhibition print no later than October 23, 2015. The filmmaker is responsible for the expense of shipping their exhibition print to the Festival.