HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
|Short (10 - 20 min.)
|Any type! Any genre! A short is any film that is between ten minutes (10 min.) and twenty minutes (20 min.) in length.
|Long (above 20 min.)
|Any Genre! This category includes any film that is over twenty (20 min.) in length.
|Young Filmmakers (K-12 * 0-10 min.)
|This category will be a selection of the top K-12 films submitted to screen under the heading “Young Filmmakers Showcase” THESE MUST BE UNDER 10 MINUTES.
|Shorty Short (0 - 10 min.)
|Any genre! Any form! If it's under 10 minutes and it's a moving image, then it qualifies!
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Griffon International Film Festival centers on building a connection between media professionals and future filmmakers by celebrating the storytelling process of the moving image. Screenings and events focus on giving artists at different points in their careers a chance to connect and network, allowing them to discover paths leading to the next level in a filmmaking career.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
GR.I.F.F. will host professionals in the technical, marketing, research, and creative areas of the multi media and film arts industry that have demonstrated the successful transition from student to professionals.
GR.I.F.F. is a juried festival presented in February. The event features invited media professionals, student filmmakers, and a community interested in celebrating media and the production process. On September 27, 2010 a call for entries will begin with three levels of entry. These levels will include non-students, students, and junior students (K-12), in three categories: super-short form (0-10 min.), short form (10-20 min.), and long form (above 20 min.). The junior student category is a selection of the top films submitted to be screened under the heading "Young Filmmakers Showcase." K-12 FILMS ARE LIMITED TO 10 MINUTES OR LESS.
GR.I.F.F. welcomes all genres and is especially interested in experimental film and documentary this year.
Griffon Int'l FF Administration (Administrative Staff)
1. Entries may be shot on any format, but must have been completed after May 1, 2008.
2. Accepted films may not be shown in the KC METRO areas within 6 weeks prior to the festival.
3. A screening committee views all films chosen for entry into festival competition. The festival competition is judged by a select panel. Entries will be judged on craft (technical proficiency in filming/videography, sound, editing, content (writing, acting, subject matter), and innovation (in technique, subject matter or approach).
4. The applicant must have secured all clearances for copyright and can prove the clearances in writing upon request.
5. Submissions must be in NTSC format.
6. The person submitting the film claims to have primary creative control of the film and accepts all responsibility related to copyright and creative control of the work.
7. The budget of the film in each category must be under two million American dollars ($2,000,000).
8. STUDENT: All students must be currently enrolled for at least one semester for the Fall 2010 to Spring 2011 academic year. All student submissions must be accompanied by a photocopy of student ID and/or current class schedule.
9. Applicant agrees to all stipulations, terms, and conditions of each category for which the project is submitted.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting this film, you are responsible for the film submitted with this application, and by submitting said film to the Griffon International Film Festival (GR.I.F.F.) you hereby represent, warrant and agree to the following:
1. I hereby represent, warrant, and agree that the film is not currently subject to any distribution agreement. In addition, I hereby represent, warrant, and agree that the film is currently and will be under no other obligation that would prevent it from being exhibited at GR.I.F.F.
2. I have carefully read, understood and will comply with all rules, regulations and eligibility requirements of the GR.I.F.F. Failure to comply to the regulations and rules will automatically disqualify my film without a refund.
3. I represent and warrant that: (a) I have the full right and power to make and perform this Agreement without the consent of any third party (or, if the consent of other parties is required, all of them are also signing this Agreement); (b) the film does not violate any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any person or entity, and will not constitute a libel or slander of any person or entity or defame or disparage any person or entity or infringe upon or violate the rights of privacy, reputation, publicity, intellectual property and/or any other rights of any kind or nature of any person or entity; and (c) the film is not the subject of litigation or any claim that might give rise to litigation.
4. I hold the GR.I.F.F. harmless from damage to or loss of work en route or otherwise during the course of the festival's possession of the submitted materials. Further, I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the GR.I.F.F. and its affiliates from and against any liability, claim, cost, damage, or expense arising out of or in connection with any breach by me of this Submission Agreement.
5. If this film receives an award from the festival, I am authorized by all powers legally representing this film to receive the award.
6. I agree that all materials will be sent prepaid and understand and agree that neither fees, submissions, nor any other materials will be returned whether the film is accepted into the festival or not.
7. I understand and agree that the number of films accepted, screenings, days of the festival, festival venues may change and are at the sole discretion of the GR.I.F.F.
8. If the GR.I.F.F. accepts my film, I agree that the GR.I.F.F. may use clips for press reviews and other publicity materials related to the festival.
9. I understand and agree that any information contained in the application may be used in the film festival guide and or publicity unless stated in writing with the submission of the film or video. Any corrections to application information must be corrected no later than December 31, 2010.
10. I understand and agree that the festival administration may make copies and duplicates of submitted materials for purposes of judging, screening, and other activities related to festival activities.
11. I understand and hereby grant authorization to GR.I.F.F. to screen the film publicly. I hereby grant GR.I.F.F. all clearances to use photographs, publicity materials, still and/or moving images from the entry, the trademark, and the name and likeness of all persons associated with the entry for publicity purposes.
12. I acknowledge and believe that all information presented in the application and submission package is true to the best of my ability. If I knowingly lied on the application, I may be liable for compensation for damages incurred.
13. I acknowledge and agree that in the event of any breach by me of this Submission Agreement, if the harm to GR.I.F.F. results in damages, then GR.I.F.F. shall have the right to equitable relief by way of injunction or otherwise provided. Resorting to such relief shall not be construed as a waiver of any other rights that GR.I.F.F. may have for damages.
14. I acknowledge the rules, regulation, terms, and conditions for each category and failure to comply to these terms may result in disqualification. Disqualified entries are not eligible for refunds.