HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
|Feature - Narrative
|Film/Video Entries that are 55 minutes or longer and would be categorized as a feature.
|Short - Narrative
|Film/Video Entries that are less than 55 minutes and would be categorized as a Short
|Must be created by College Student(s), as a College Project or entered in a College Contest in order to be accepted in this category.
Created while a student (Include a copy of your ID).
Films will also be judged in the Feature, Short, Documentary or Animation categories.
|Film/Video Entries that would be categorized as a Documentary and any length less then 150 minutes.
|Films in this category can be computer generated, stop motion, claymation, traditional cartoons, etc. Films can be any length up to 150 minutes.
|The only requirement is that this entry was created by Elementary Through High School Students.
Films will also be judged in Feature, Short, Animation, or Documentary categories.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Flint Film Festival's mission is to offer an established venue for viewing movies produced by independent filmmakers around the globe, to enhance the visibility of local filmmakers, and to offer young filmmakers a chance to grow and gain experience, while giving film patrons in the Flint area and beyond an opportunity to view an alternative to mainstream films. The Flint Film Festival also works in cooperation with other Flint and Michigan based organizations to promote the exposure to and participation in the creative arts of the entire community.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Flint Film Festival is in its 10th year, what began as a brainstorming session among passionate film fans has blossomed into an incredible event that receives more and more entries each year. It is truly amazing what a group of dedicated, community-minded individuals can accomplish with little or no budget. We believe in the strength and endurance of the independent film and strive to promote that community.
We recognize that each filmmaker dedicates more time, effort and money to their projects than the average public realizes. Of the thousands that vie for the few vacancies in the industry each year, most are never seen or recognized by Hollywood. Every community has untapped talent waiting to be discovered. And that ladies and gentlemen, is why we are here. Each film you view is an independent production. A dream brought to reality by each filmmaker for you, the audience.
The Flint Film Festival also works in cooperation with other local organizations to promote the creative art experience.
Carole Johnson (Director); Dave Johnson (Vice President); Dave Johnson (Vice President); Eric Thomas (President)
Fees, Rules and Regulations for the 2012 Flint Film Festival
The 2012 FLINT FILM FESTIVAL competition is open to any film or video completed after January 1, 2011.
The categories are
- Features, which are ( 55 min. and over)
- Shorts, which are (under 55 min.)
- High School
- Student K-12
College; the submission must either have been created for a university/college course or the entrant must currently be a university/college student and have an ID covering the time period of the films creation.
Student K-12, the submission must have been created while Entrant was in Elementary or High School.
If you are NOT paying through Withoutabox's payment system please Make Checks and Money Orders payable to: The Flint Film Festival and include them with your submission.
Copies of all media provided for FFF competition purposes, will not be returned, unless you provide (at the time of submission) a prepaid, self-addressed envelope for such reason.
- Finalists to be presented in the festival will be listed on our website as soon as the schedule is perfected.
- Winners of the Flint Film Festival will be listed as such on our website as early as possible at the conclusion of the festival and that info will be retained on the site as long as practical.
- Finalists to be presented in the festival will be contacted by email or phone prior to this date.
- Finalist must send their finished - festival showing version of their film, which must be provided on DVD & Region 1 only. It is the responsibility of the Finalist (Entrant) to make sure the DVD plays successfully before submitting.
- All films in languages other than English must be subtitled or dubbed in English.
- Please read the FFF Terms of service prior to making your submissions. The entrant is responsible for reading and understanding these terms of service
- All submitters shall be responsible for obtaining clearances for copyrighted materials and the Flint Film Festival shall be held harmless in cases where clearance has not been obtained.
- Label all media with exact running times, WAB#, and film title in a readable form please.
- If you want to submit an alternate version of your film(re-edit, different music, etc.), it must be postmarked by the normal festival deadline.
Press Kits, Trailers
- It is suggested that all entrants provide press materials with their entry, it will be permissible to simply download media for this purpose from a site or have it emailed to us, we provide a presentation in the lobby at the festival and it is desirable to include Bios and Trailers in this presentation.
- Press materials may be submitted after you have been accepted if you desire, this will give you time to create media and may save you on shipping costs. Of course analog and digital press kits are always welcome when received with your entry.
- Submission of an entry to this festival signifies that the entrant understands, accepts and agrees to rules and conditions that are described here.
- All cash and non-monetary awards will be given to the primary applicant (entrant / submitter).
- If you have ANY questions or you have a concern please contact us at email@example.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2012 Flint Film Festival Terms of Service:
FLINT FILM FESTIVAL, INC. ONLINE SUBMISSION TERMS OF SERVICE
These Terms of Service set forth terms under which Flint Film Festival may use the property as provided by (YOU). It is the responsibility of the Entrant (Submitter) in understanding and agreeing to these terms prior to submitting their film or video entry.
These terms are for the 9th annual 2012 Flint Film Festival Only.
1. Permission to use.
By submitting your film to the Flint Film Festival Inc. for the purpose of entry in any of our competitions, you hereby accept and grant the Flint Film Festival Inc., a non-exclusive, royalty-free and transferable license to use, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the user submissions for the sole purpose of promoting and bettering the Flint Film Festival Inc. in their continuing business of providing events of showing and promoting the independent film maker and their films and videos. This permission is granted for the 9th annual 2012 festival only and may be revoked by either party.
2. Public Statements.
Either party may use the other party's name for the purpose of making public statements such as press releases and marketing materials, provided that each party adheres to reasonable standards for making such statements. In all cases, full consideration and representation of the respective roles and contributions of both parties shall be given in any such statement.
3. No Assignment of Intellectual Property Rights.
Except as explicitly set forth herein, each party's trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights ("Intellectual Property") are and shall remain the sole property of that party.
4. Maintaining Your Information.
YOU will ensure that all of the information provided to the FFF by YOU is accurate, updated and timely. If you subscribe to our services, YOU will further ensure that the information pertaining to submission rules, regulations, prices and dates entered into Festival Entry Form are entirely consistent with the information published by the FFF as festival rules and submission guidelines, including information YOU are posting about us outside the FFF's infrastructure. This would include a FFF Submission sent through Without A Box's online digital submission process. If you choose to submit your film or property to the FFF via WAB, you will still be required to send the physical media or property to the FFF, along with a filled out paper copy of the FFF Entry Form, to the FFF address provided to YOU on this FFF Entry Form in a submission mail package. The FFF has the right to decline YOUR entry should incorrect or insufficient data be provide along with the included paper copy of the FFF Entry Form in YOUR submission mail package.
The FFF attempts to accurately provide up-to-date information about it's festival via it's web site and voice mail systems. However, FFF is not responsible for downtime of these systems due to one or more of the following reasons: Customer bandwidth is not stable, FFF's ISP has lost its connection, server and software upgrades, acts of nature , war or terrorism, phone company outages or periodic planned upgrades and outages, unauthorized attacks or usage. FFF assumes no liability should the system not be available to YOU. We will, however, use commercially reasonable efforts to get the system back on-line in those rare instances it is off. Although the FFF will take every measure to insure it's data is accurate, the FFF will not guarantee that all information as reflected on the FFF Web Site, Voice Mail System and other forms of communication, will be completely accurate.
6. Maintaining Security.
If applicable and the FFF provides YOU and others access to FFF systems using secure logins to ensure the security of such access, YOU are responsible for ensuring the security of YOUR username and password. YOU agree that any person to whom YOU provide YOUR login and password is authorized to update YOUR information and contract for services on this website. If YOU lose control over YOUR username and password, YOU agree to notify us immediately.
7. Limitation of Liability.
NEITHER PARTY SHALL OWE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN.
NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY (AND EACH PARTY HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS) ANY, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SERVICES CONTEMPLATED BY THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR ANY WARRANTIES RELATING TO TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR ASSURANCE CONCERNING ANY MINIMUM OR MAXIMUM NUMBER OF USERS LIKELY TO ACCESS THE WAB WEB SITE.
EXCEPT FOR PAYMENTS DUE AND PAYABLE TO THE FLINT FILM FESTIVAL, FFF'S LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED TO YOU AS A RESULT OF PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES TO AN AMOUNT NO GREATER THAN FIVE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($500.00)
8. Governing Law.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to the choice of law principles. This Agreement is entered into in Flint Michigan, and any action brought to enforce the terms of this Agreement shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Genesee County Michigan.