HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
|Professional and amateur filmmakers working in all aesthetic forms and genres are welcome. Narratives, documentaries, animated and experimental films and videos of 40 minutes and less are eligible for consideration as a Short Film. Special emphasis on effective storytelling!
|Professional and amateur filmmakers working in all aesthetic forms and genres are welcome. Narratives, documentaries, animated and experimental films and videos of 40 minutes and more are eligible for consideration as a Feature Length film. Emphasis on effective storytelling.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Nevada City Film Festival is a non-profit serving the Sierra Foothills of Northern California by providing art, entertainment, information and culture through the medium of film and video.
We are committed to:
-Presenting creative, diverse, independent films from around the world that would otherwise have little or no other outlet in our region.
-Curating and presenting film programs and producing film festivals and other related events.
-Encouraging and supporting local filmmakers and their work.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Since 2001, the Nevada City Film Festival (NCFF) has brought top independent cinema to the beautiful gold rush era town of Nevada City, CA. NCFF is a one-of-a-kind experience where enthusiastic audiences, filmmakers, and industry professionals come together to celebrate cinema and enjoy four exciting days of screenings, panels, comedy shows and live music. NCFF screens short and full length films in a variety of historic locations. In previous years, NCFF has attracted the likes of Mike Mills (The Beginners), Tim & Eric (Awesome Show, Great Job!), music supervisor Brian Reitzell (Lost in Translation, Stranger Than Fiction), Portlandia director Jonathan Krisel, artist Miwa Matryek, comedian Marc Maron and many more.
Past NCFF judges have included award-winning producers and directors, plus writers from The Huffington Post, New York Times, McSweeneys, San Francisco Chronicle, Rolling Stone Magazine, and Arthur Magazine.
Simply put, the Nevada City Film Festival is a festival created BY filmmakers FOR filmmakers. Your experience at the festival is extremely important to us and, if your film is selected for screening, we will work with you to the best of our abilities to arrange lodgings, free meals and an overall great time.
For decades, the beautiful gold rush-era town of Nevada City, California has been home to a host of world renowned musicians, poets, and visual artists, and makes for a welcoming and lively setting for this showcase of creative independent filmmaking.
Jeffrey Clark (Executive Director); Jesse Locks (Festival Director)
The Nevada City Film Festival (NCFF) accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from The Nevada City Film Festival.
1. Entries must be postmarked according to the deadline.
2. Entrants must submit a DVD viewing copy for consideration.
3. Entry and payment will not be processed without an accompanying DVD.
4. Please include WAB tracking number with DVD when submitting.
5. For publications purposes, if your film/video is selected for screening, entrants must be prepared to supply at least three electronic images (publicity stills) either in jpeg or PDF format, 300 dpi. NOTE: Only electronic images will be accepted for the official festival catalog-program. We also encourage submitting as much publicity material as is available and a complete credit list. These additional materials cannot be returned. Any materials that entrants wish to be seen by the programming committee should be submitted in duplicate with this application.
6. Upon acceptance a 1 minute, web sized video preview is highly encouraged.
7. Film prints and/or any other exhibition copies (DVD, MiniDV or any digital copy) will be shipped/returned to domestic addresses within the United States only. International entrants must either pay full shipping on international returns with a FedEx # or have a shipping contact within the U.S.
8. Exceptions to the festival regulations must be authorized by one of the Festival Directors.
**The NCFF is a film festival created by film makers FOR film makers. Your experience at the festival is extremely important to us - so please consider attending the festival upon acceptance. We can't wait to meet you!**
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
-The NCFF reserves the right to determine eligibility of any project submitted.
-The NCFF will accept and exhibit works completed in the media formats in our listing only; film, video or digital. If accepted, the producer agrees to provide the festival with the presentation format indicated on this entry form.
-All submitted materials become the property of NCFF and will not be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed mailing package and postage.
-By signing this document, you acknowledge NCFF's right to copy any submitted material, and to utilize your performance and image for NCFF's non-commercial use.
-All domestic non-credit card entries must be accompanied by a check or money order made out to THE MAGIC THEATRE for the full appropriate submission fee. International entries must include a certified check in US Dollars. Processing fees are non-refundable.
-I have enclosed the proper entry fee according to the instructions on the general information page. I state that I am authorized to submit this film to the Nevada City Film Festival for consideration, and have read, understand, and agree to all the requirements. I hereby release the Festival from all responsibility for loss or damage of submitted materials.
-Film prints and/or any other exhibition copies (DVD, MiniDV or any digital copy) will be shipped/returned to domestic addresses within the United States only. International entrants must either pay full shipping on international returns with a FedEx # or have a shipping contact within the U.S.