CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Feature Films have a total running time of 60 minutes or longer. Horror comes in many forms, some obvious, some sublime. We welcome and encourage filmmakers to scare us or enlighten us. We’ll screen everything from Slasher flicks to art horror to animation to documentaries.
|Short Films have a total running time of less than 60 minutes. Horror comes in many forms, some obvious, some sublime. We welcome and encourage filmmakers to scare us or enlighten us. We’ll screen everything from Slasher flicks to art horror to animation.
|Feature Films have a total running time of 60 minutes or longer. Science Fiction asks the question, “What if”.
Dare to take us to places we haven’t been to before. In the Sci-Fi category the films should be of the Science-Fiction genre only.
|Short Films have a total running time of less than 60 minutes. In the Sci-Fi category the films should be of the Science-Fiction genre. Give us the greatest short your imagination can create.
|IHSFF Short Screenplay Challenge
|The Annual International Horror and Sci-Fi Screenplay Challenge will coincide with the International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival. All screenplays should fall within the Horror or Sci-Fi genres and be no longer than 25 pages
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Our Mission: Our organization wishes to organize and perpetuate an exciting event that creates a community of horror and sci-fi fans and filmmakers who encourage and educate the world about horror and sci-fi filmmaking. Our goal is to promote independent filmmaking, with a spotlight on films in the horror and sci-fi genre.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival (IHSFF) comes from the producers behind the Phoenix Film Film Festival and is a program of the 501c(3) non-profit Phoenix Film Foundation. The Foundation was started in 2000 by independent filmmakers as an opportunity to showcase independent filmmaking and increase awareness and education of films and filmmaking in the Valley of the Sun.
For 2015, we'll be celebrating the 11th Anniversary of the International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival. The event will be taking place at the Phoenix Film Festival. You’ll be able to catch the best in horror and sci-fi independent films alongside over a hundred other independent films at the biggest film party of the year. Screenings will take place over six days at the festival.
The leadership of the Phoenix Film Festival will continue to be producing the IHSFF. There will be a focus on independent competition horror and sci-fi films as well as some independent studio films. Celebrity guests from the Horror and Sci-Fi genre will also be in attendance. Past guests have included Linda Blair, Ken Foree, Lance Henriksen, Charles Cyphers, Jeffrey Combs, Adrienne King, Mick Garris, Lloyd Kaufman, Judy O’Dea, Marilyn Burns, Casper Van Dien and Tobe Hooper.
This event will receive press coverage from the top genre press, both online and traditional.
The event continues to be the top genre fest in the Southwest.
Andrea Beesley-Brown Beesley-Brown (Festival Director)
Entry in the International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival is open to professional and non-professional filmmakers working in all the genre of horror and sci-fi. Feature films and shorts of all styles and lengths are eligible for consideration.
Short films are considered to be all films under sixty (60) minutes in length.
Feature films are considered to be all films sixty (60) minutes or more in length.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements of the categories for which I would like this film to be considered.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3. This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its Competition and understand if accepted, that the Festival holds the right to screen my film for Festival screening and non-commercial promotional purposes and to extract clips from this film for promotional purposes.
5. I understand that the International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival ("Festival") and the Phoenix Film Foundation ("Foundation" are not responsible for any type of damage to or loss of the print during screenings, at any other time during the course of the Festival, while the film is in the Festival's possession or while en route to or from the Festival, and I release International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival ("Festival") and the Phoenix Film Foundation from any and all liabilities regarding damage to or loss of the print while en route to/from the Festival or while it is in their possession.
6. Should this film win an award at the International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film to name the individual(s) listed on the Award Designation List (to be received upon notice of selection to Festival) to receive any and all award(s). If a film is eligible for an award and no one was designated to accept the award, the award will be deemed forfeit and another award winner will be chosen.
7. In the event the designated party is unable to attend the awards ceremony, I understand that the director and/or producer of the film as listed in the credits of the film shall accept any and all awards in their stead.
8. If selected as a participant in the Festival, television ready media clips of the film must be provided by the date provided on notice of selection.
9. I am aware Festival may provide critics an opportunity to review films prior to the Festival
10. I understand that shipping charges of the screening copy of my film to the Festival are my responsibility and the Festival will assume responsibility of costs to return my film to me.