OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|USA applicants: By, For and About Women
|Films directed and/or produced by women are accepted for this category.
FILMS MUST BE 20 MINUTES OR LESS.
|International applicants: By, For and About Women
|In order to qualify for this category the film MUST have been produced outside of USA, and directed and/or produced by women. All other films submitted to this category will be switched to the appropriate category. FILMS MUST BE 20 MINUTES OR LESS.
Please provide the information about where the film was produced in the Withoutabox cover letter section. Additional proof of film production location may be needed.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
LUNA has always believed in the power of women. From the beginning, we knew women had a role to play in shaping the future of the film industry so in 2000, LUNAFEST was born.
LUNAFEST was the first all-women travelling film festival to hit the screens and amplify the voices of strong women everywhere. The first event was small, but hopeful, screening in California. Today, there are screenings in more than 175 cities across the nation where the work of talented women filmmakers are showcased.
Kit Crawford, CLIF & Co Chief Visionary Officer, and LUNA Bar founder, has always been a champion behind the festival, who insists on “telling stories that have to be told.”
There are 2.13 male short-film directors for every 1 female director. 2.13 male voices to every 1 female heard. 2.13 male stories to every 1 not yet told.
Let’s even these numbers out with the LUNAFEST movement. Submit a film to flip the script on inequality in the film world.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
In addition to providing national exposure for emerging women filmmakers, LUNAFEST also acts as a fundraiser by donating 100% of the net proceeds from the festival to local women’s organizations that host the festival in their communities.
Format for entries are online submissions or DVDs. Films accepted include shorts, documentaries, fiction, narrative and animation. Films should less than 20 minutes. Cash prizes. For more information, email email@example.com or visit the LUNAFEST website www.lunafest.org.
Cait Spillner (Program Coordinator); Sallie Miller; Suzy Starke German (Program Manager)
Clif Bar & Company and Chicken & Egg Pictures employees, relatives, and sponsored athletes are prohibited from entering a submission for LUNAFEST.
FILM FORMAT AND SHIPPING
- Films accepted can be shorts, documentaries, animation, fiction or narratives.
- FILMS MUST BE LESS THAN 20 MINUTES.
- Each entry must be submitted In DVD format OR secure online viewing through Without A Box.
- Label each film with your name, address, telephone number, film title, and categories in which you are applying.
- Foreign language film soundtracks must be in the original language with English subtitles.
SUBMISSION ENTRY FEES
- Please see listing for other entry fee amounts. Make all money order or checks payable to Chicken & Egg Pictures. International entries are free.
- If you would like confirmation of the receipt of your submission, please include a SASE.
- If submitting for the Student Entry Fee amount, please include a copy of your current Student I.D. with your submission.
- Winning filmmakers will be notified by September 30, 2018.
- A minimum of $2500 will be awarded to each winning filmmaker.
- Winning films will be shown on DVD format and will not be returned.
- The films will be shown at up to 200 venues across the United States and Canada from January 2018 through October 2018.
- Festival copies of winning films and press packed must be received by September 30, 2018.
Questions? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ELIGIBILITY AND LICENSE
Clif Bar & Company and Chicken & Egg Pictures employees, relatives, and sponsored athletes are prohibited from entering.
Each film entrant agrees that by submitting an entry to LUNAFEST, Clif Bar & Co... and the Chicken & Egg Pictures are granted, without compensation to the entrant and without any further approval or review, a non-exclusive, royalty free license to (1) show the entry at LUNAFEST events, and (2) use the name, picture, likeness and information about the entrant and the entry and its actors for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with LUNAFEST events, whether utilized in print or electronic media, television, video, film, radio, internet or other media.