DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
|USA applicants: By, For and About Women
|Films directed and/or produced by women are accepted for this category.
FILMS MUST BE 20 MINUTES OR LESS.
|International applicants: By, For and About Women
|In order to qualify for this category the film MUST have been produced outside of USA, and directed and/or produced by women. All other films submitted to this category will be switched to the appropriate category. FILMS MUST BE 20 MINUTES OR LESS.
Please provide the information about where the film was produced in the Withoutabox cover letter section. Additional proof of film production location may be needed.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
LUNAFEST, a national festival of short films by, for and about women, will return to screens for its 16th year beginning in October 2016 - June 2017. LUNAFEST is seeking a diverse range of films which embody the unique, humorous, touching, and inspirational roles of women in our local, national and international communities. Past topics have included women's health, body image, sexuality, spirituality, sports, and cultural diversity.
Genres: Shorts, documentaries, drama, fiction, animation, comedies, and narratives are welcome. Films must be 20 minutes or less.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
In addition to providing national exposure for emerging women filmmakers, LUNAFEST also supports the communities we live in today by donating a portion of the proceeds from the festival to the Breast Cancer Fund (BCF) as well as to local host organizations. The BCF is a San Francisco based non-profit that works to identify- and advocate for the elimination of environmental and other preventable causes of the disease. 15% of all net proceeds of the festival go to the BCF and 85% go back into the local women's organizations and communities that host the festival.
Format for entries are online submissions or DVDs. Films accepted include shorts, documentaries, features, fiction, or narrative. Film should less than 20 minutes. Cash prizes. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the LUNAFEST website www.lunafest.org.
Cait Norgard (Lunafest Coordinator); Suzy Starke German (Program Manager)
Clif Bar & Company... and the Breast Cancer Fund employees, relatives, and sponsored athletes are prohibited from entering a submission for LUNAFEST.
FILM FORMAT AND SHIPPING
- Films accepted can be shorts, documentaries, animation, fiction or narratives.
- FILMS MUST BE LESS THAN 20 MINUTES.
- Each entry must be submitted In DVD format OR secure online viewing through Without A Box..
- Label each film with your name, address, telephone number, film title, and categories in which you are applying.
- Foreign language film soundtracks must be in the original language with English subtitles.
SUBMISSION ENTRY FEES
- Please see listing for entry fee amount. International entries are free. Make all money order or checks payable to BREAST CANCER FUND.
- If you would like confirmation of the receipt of your submission, please include a SASE.
- If submitting for the Student Entry Fee amount, please include a copy of your current Student I.D. with your submission.
- Winning filmmakers will be notified by July 30, 2016
- A minimum of $2500 will be awarded to each winning filmmaker.
- Winning films will be shown on DVD format and will not be returned.
-The films will be shown at up to 200 venues across the United States and Canada from Oct. 2016 through June 2017.
- Festival copies of winning films and press packed must be received by July 30, 2016.
Questions? E-mail: email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ELIGIBILITY AND LICENSE
Clif Bar & Company... and the Breast Cancer Fund employees, relatives, and sponsored athletes are prohibited from entering.
Each film entrant agrees that by submitting an entry to LUNAFEST, Clif Bar & Co... and the Breast Cancer Fund are granted, without compensation to the entrant and without any further approval or review, a non-exclusive, royalty free license to (1) show the entry at LUNAFEST events, and (2) use the name, picture, likeness and information about the entrant and the entry and its actors for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with LUNAFEST events, whether utilized in print or electronic media, television, video, film, radio, internet or other media.