CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Feature-length films, at least 60 minutes in length, of any genre, including animation.
|Documentary features must be at least 40 minutes. Please do not submit industrial or promotional projects.
|Short films, under 40 minutes in length, of any genre including animation. Please note that short films more than 25 minutes are difficult to program for festivals, and may not be chosen due to programming time length.
|Documentary shorts must be under 40 minutes. Please do not submit industrial or promotional projects. Please note that short films more than 25 minutes are difficult to program for festivals, and may not be chosen due to programming time length.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Cincinnati Film Festival was created as a means to foster awareness of the cinematic arts in southwestern Ohio; to foster and encourage the growth of new filmmakers and film production as an art form; and to bring diverse local, national, and international films and filmmakers to the region to showcase their works to the public in an interactive atmosphere.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The 2015 CFF event will be September 10 - 20, featuring regional, national and international short and feature films, national and world premieres, filmmaker workshops, Q&A sessions, filmmaker parties, and an awards ceremony.
This year, we will be located in multiple venues throughout the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region. This is our third year partnering with the Cincinnati Comic Expo, where we will have screenings at the event, September 18 - 20 at the Duke Energy Convention Center, downtown Cincinnati, during Oktoberfest Zinzinnati weekend.
CFF's goal is not just to show great new films that would not be seen otherwise by our regional audience, but to be a live event where audiences, artisan filmmakers and industry get to interact and learn from each other. All filmmakers can receive feedback about their film from the screening committee, regardless of whether their film was accepted or not.
Katharine Steele (Executive Director); Katharine Steele (Executive Director); Katharine Steele (Executive Director); Kelsey McLaughlin; Kelsey McLaughlin; Press Screener
The Cincinnati Film Festival (CFF) is open to all motion pictures and all genres that demonstrate a high-regard for the moving image as an art form.
Regardless of original format, all films must be submitted for pre-screening either on NTSC DVD (region 0 or 1), data MPEG2, MP4, or Quicktime .MOV file, or via WAB's secure digital screener or other online submission method.
All accepted entries must submit a screener-copy on BluRay, DVD, no later than August 30, 2015. All accepted entries must submit exhibition copies on two of the aforementioned formats.
The CFF is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items, including films in any medium, while en-route or in our possession, on or off of festival grounds.
All fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
CFF retains the right to accept or decline any film, for whatever reason, without notice or explanation.
Cash prizes listed online are not set or exact figures and may vary, contact CFF for current prize listings.
Filmmaker is responsible for clearing all rights to the content of the film prior to screening, and the CFF cannot be held liable for rights not cleared prior to screening.
By submitting, the filmmaker permits film to be used in promotional presentations via broadcast television, online or other public screening venue of CFF's choosing.
For complete festival rules or questions, contact the festival staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Cincinnati Film Festival (CFF) is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items, including films in any medium, while en-route or in our possession, on or off of festival grounds.
2. All fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
3. CFF retains the right to accept or decline any film, for whatever reason, without notice or explanation.
4. Prizes listed online are not set or exact figures and may vary, contact CFF for current prize listings.
5. Applicant is responsible for clearing all rights to the content of the film prior to exhibition. 5a) Applicant claims all liability and damages in relation to any screening of Applicant's submission to which Applicant does not hold complete rights to its content. 5b) Festival does accept "works in progress" for consideration of acceptance to the Festival which may have "temp audio" or other elements which the Applicant has yet to clear, however, all rights to all elements MUST be cleared prior to screening. 5c) Applicant MUST notify Festival in writing, at the time of submission, if a project being submitted is a "work in progress", and note each specific element to which the Applicant does not yet own the rights.
6. Applicant grants CFF the right to use excerpts from accepted films including audio, video, names and images to promote the festival.
7. Applicant agrees that he/she is authorized to submit the film, being the sole rights-holder or authorized representative thereof, and understands that by submitting to the festival, the rights-holder allows the Cincinnati Film Festival to screen the submitted work, in full, at the festival's discretion without further communication or approval.
8. Applicant permits the Festival to retain one or more copies of Applicant's film for use in the Festival Library which may be accessed by the public following each years festival. Note: You may choose to opt-out of this paragraph by sending a written request with your submission. The festival will still retain a copy of your film, but it will not be made available to the general public.
9. Applicant permits the festival to make up to two (2) additional DVD copies of Applicants film for use by Festival Staff & Associates to facilitate the pre-screening process.
10. Applicant agrees to allow the Festival to release Applicants included contact information and screener copy to Distribution Partners of the festival for consideration, and that such partners may contact the applicant directly via the provided contact information in order to discuss or close a distribution deal, with the understanding that Applicant is under no obligation to accept any offered deal.