DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
|National is for any film from Australia in any genre that runs under 20 minutes. An independent judging panel appointed CSFF will choose the most interesting, or most touching, or the most exciting films produced in the past 18 months. We encourage high quality films with even shorter running times - often we need a couple of 3-7 minute films to complete the program!
|The Documentary category is open to any Documentary produced anywhere in the world that runs under 20 minutes. An independant judging panel selected by CSFF will select the most intriguing stories produced in the past 18 months.
|International is for any film made outside Australia that runs under 20 minutes. An independent judging panel will select the films with the highest production quality, the best stories, and the best look into another culture that have been produced in the past 18 months.
|Canberra Local is for any film produced and directed in the Australian Capital Territory that runs under 20 minutes. The CSFF is looking for the best storytelling, and best production quality made in the past 18 months.
|For films made by Australian filmmakers or teams who are under 18. We encourage short, sharp, visual storytelling and bold personal visions. Running time cannot be more than 10 mins - but (hint) our judges are looking for visually strong work that can blow them away! So 3-5 minutes of strong, stylish storytelling is recommended.
|Canberra Short Seasons Showcase
|short::seasons will accept submissions from any filmmaker who currently or used to live in the Canberra Region. The films can be a narrative of any genre,music video or documentary, and preferably no longer than 15 minutes. There is no age limit on the films, they can be made last week, or years ago.
Please remember that short::seasons is not a competition, so there is no prize. It is a showcase of the great work being done by filmmakers and animators from the Canberra Region.Films are viewed by a panel who select the best combination of films for each festival programme.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Canberra Short Film Festival represents the best films from around Australia and the world through a variety of categories, in any genre, style and length up to 20 minutes (Some categories have shorter length requirements)
The judges want to see something beautiful, or strange, or scary, or happy. We want our audiences to be affected by your films in any BIG way possible.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Now in its 20th year, the Canberra Short Film Festival has earned a reputation for quality and respectability and is recognised as one of Australia’s oldest and best film competitions. It attracts an audience from all over Australia and is known for selling out every session. The CSFF represents the boundless talent of Australia's film industry as well as exposing our patrons to the best of short cinema from all over the world. If you are interested in showcasing your talent in a festival that gets bigger every year, the Canberra Short Film Festival is your opportunity.
The 2015 CSFF will run over three nights from Friday 18th until Sunday 20th of September.
Prizes for Best Film will be awarded in these categories;
International - AUS$750
National - AUS$500
Documentary - Packaged prize worth AU$500
Canberra Local - Packaged prize worth AU$500
Short Seasons Special Category - TBA
John Frohlich; Monica Penders; Simon Weaving (Mr)
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING FESTIVAL RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE 2015 CANBERRA SHORT FILM FESTIVAL.
- CSFF stands for Canberra Short Film Festival.
- SUBMISSIONS: All submissions in to the festival must be made online through the 'Withoutabox' website by 5pm on 15/07/2015.
- ENTERING THE RIGHT CATEGORY: Entrants to the festival must enter their film in the category or categories that they rightfully fit in to. Entrants must provide supporting evidence of age and residency if requested by CSFF to support their category entry. Please refer to the category details above for more information.
-SHORT SEASONS SHOWCASE Category - we recommend that first time and emerging filmmakers from the Capital Region use this category. It is NOT competitive, but rather a showcase of the variety of films made by new and non-professional filmmakers.
- OFFICIAL SELECTION: Once the official selection has been announced, successful applicants will be notified via email. Once official selection has been announced the decision is final and no discussions will be entered in to thereafter.
- SCREENING COPY: Required 15 days after official selection notification, if this is not received within 15 days of official selection notification CSFF has the right to cancel your screening and official selection.
- AWARDS: 'Best Film' will be announced and made out to the producer.
- EXCERPTS: By entering this festival, entrants reserve the right for CSFF to screen excerpts from their film/s for promotion of the festival of the current year.
- RIGHTS: The producer and/or director must have the rights to the material (e.g music) used in the film and can provide written evidence of this if requested by CSFF.
- FILM REQUIREMENTS: Films entered in to the festival must be made from January 2014 or later and run for no longer than 20 minutes including opening titles and credits (this varies for some categories). Entrants must be able to provide proof of the date of creation of the film to CSFF if requested.
- SUBTITLES: All foreign language films must be subtitled/dubbed in English to be eligible for judging.
- ENTRY FEES: Upon submitting a film, entrants will be required to pay a fee for EACH category entered before uploading their film. Entry fees cannot be refunded.
- TOURING OF FILMS: By entering the CSFF, entrants reserve the right for CSFF to screen their film without re-numeration for 12 months after the festival.
- JUDGING: All films will viewed by a judging panel appointed by CSFF. All judging decisions are final and no discussions will be entered in to thereafter. Once the winner of this award has been announced, the decision is final and no discussions will be entered in to thereafter.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
AS PART OF CONDITION OF ENTRY *
1/ THE PRODUCER and any AUTHORISED PERSON entering this film has obtained from each contributor the authorisations to use of image, sound, performance and the reproduction of said image, sound, performance.
2/ THE PRODUCER/S and any AUTHORISED PERSON is the owner, has authorisation or license from the owner of the copyright in the sound recordings comprising the soundtrack to the film.
3/ COMPLETION DATE: On or after January 1st 2013.
4/ LENGTH: Films for the 2012 Canberra Short Film Festival for each category must be 20 minutes or less. Time must include all titles and credits.
5/ DEADLINE: Any films submitted after 5pm on 15/07/2014 will not be considered for the festival.
6/ SUBTITLES: All non-english language films must be subtitled/dubbed in English.
7/ ENTRY FEES: Are not refundable.
8/ TOURING: All films entered MUST be available to tour for 12 months after the festival without renumeration.
9/ PLEASE NOTE: While we will make EVERY EFFORT to stick to screening times once printed, CSFF cannot be held accountable for changes to the schedule after schedule is announced.
10/ EXCERPTS/COPIES: By entering the Canberra Short Film Festival you agree that the festival may use your film/s for promotional and publicity purposes pertaining to the current years festival. CSFF may also make a copy of films that are selected to screen for exhibition, and may also be used for media review purposes.