SERVICES COMING SOON • This event has recently updated its Call
For Entries. Add it to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified when submissions open on 1-Dec-2015.
|Films and videos submitted can be of any length and should be of interest to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered communities.
|There is an audience award for best short in the festival.
Films and videos submitted can be of any length and should be of interest to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered communities.
|Feature-length documentary films and videos submitted should be of interest to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered communities.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
CLOSET CINEMA is an Albuquerque based nonprofit organization dedicated to showcasing queer cinema in an attempt to highlight the richness of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender experience. We serve our diverse communities by producing the Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival (SWGLFF) and other events.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The 2016 Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival is now accepting submissions. This annual film festival, is celebrating its 14th year, and has expanded to a ten day event presented in the city of Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival has become the fastest growing festival in the Southwest and we encourage all filmmakers to submit their work for consideration. Films and videos submitted can be of any length and should be of interest to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered communities.
Roberto Appicciafoco (Festival Director)
Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival Film Submission Guidelines
October 7-16, 2016
Each year, our film loving audience picks their favorite films for our Audience Awards. Awards go to Favorite Feature Film, Favorite Documentary Film, and Favorite Short Film
FESTIVAL EXHIBITION FORMATS
Preferred - BLU-Ray (NTSC) or DVD (NTSC OR PAL)
Early — Entry postmarked by March 31, 2016 ($30.00 fee per title)
Regular — Entry postmarked by June 30, 2016 ($35.00 fee per title)
Late — Entry postmarked by July 31, 2016 ($40.00 fee per title)
HOW TO ENTER
1. Submit your online screener using one of our submission portals (Film Freeway or Withoutabox).
2. All entry forms and tapes must be postmarked by July 31 2016.
3. Films in the festival need to be a New Mexico premiere. So note whether the film is a world, US, Southwest or New Mexico premiere on the entry form.
4. Entry fees are as follows: $30.00 per title for early bird deadline which is March 31, 2016 and $35.00 per title for regular deadline which is June 30, 2016. Late deadline is July 31($40.00)
5. In addition to the preview screener, you may send photos (EPK) and other publicity materials.
6. If your work is accepted we will notify you by no later than August 26, 2016. We will require your exhibition tape or print by September 16, 2016.
7. We will return your exhibition copy (unless it is not being forwarded to another festival or destination) by November 9, 2016. Please note, we do not return DVD exhibition copies.
8. Shipment of exhibition materials to the festival must be paid by the applicant. Return shipment of exhibition materials will be paid by the festival. Closet Cinema accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries dur¬ing shipment to or from the festival.
9. Unfortunately, we are not able to pay film rental fees for submitted works.
10. Once a film is submitted it may not be withdrawn.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entrant has read, understood and fully agrees with all submission guidelines, terms and conditions, and eligibility requirements.
2. Film is not the subject of any litigation or threatened litigation.
3. The entrant is duly authorized to submit this film to the competition.
4. The entrant holds the Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival and sponsor organizations harmless and indemnify it from any damage to media en route or otherwise during the course of the festival's possession of the film. In addition, the entrant agrees to hold the Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival harmless and indemnify it from cost and/or damages incurred as a result of any litigation and or threatened litigation as a result of the screenings of the film.
5. All films not in English must have English subtitles.
6. The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival.
7. The Festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible for any incorrect information.
8. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that all matters not covered by these regulations, and questions arising from them, will be decided by Festival organizers or programmers at their discretion.
9. The Board of the Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify entries for any reason. All judges' decisions are final.
10. By digitally signing this form and submitting this film, the entrant hereby grant the Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival all necessary rights to screen this film and use short clips of the film for the purposes of advertising and promotion.
11. Once a film is submitted it may not be withdrawn.