CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Films and videos submitted can be of any length and should be of interest to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered communities.
|There is an audience award for best short in the festival.
Films and videos submitted can be of any length and should be of interest to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered communities.
|Feature-length documentary films and videos submitted should be of interest to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered communities.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
CLOSET CINEMA is an Albuquerque based nonprofit organization dedicated to showcasing queer cinema in an attempt to highlight the richness of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender experience. We serve our diverse communities by producing the Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival (SWGLFF) and other events.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The 2013 Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival is now accepting submissions. This annual film festival, is celebrating its eleventh year, and has expanded to a ten day event presented in the city of Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival has become the fastest growing festival in the Southwest and we encourage all filmmakers to submit their work for consideration. Films and videos submitted can be of any length and should be of interest to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered communities.
Roberto Appicciafoco (Festival Director)
Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival
Film Submission Guidelines
October 11-20, 2013
Each year, our film loving audience picks their favorite films for our Audience Awards. Awards go to Favorite Feature Film, Favorite Documentary Film, and Favorite Short Film
FESTIVAL EXHIBITION FORMATS
Preferred - 35mm, DV Cam (NTSC), BLU-Ray (NTSC) DVD (NTSC OR PAL)
Early — Entry postmarked by July 5, 2013 ($20.00 fee per title) Regular — Entry postmarked by July 26, 2013 ($25.00 fee per title) Late — Entry postmarked by August 9, 2013 ($30.00 fee per title)
Checks made payable to Closet Cinema
HOW TO ENTER
1. Please label each DVD screener with title, filmmaker's name, phone number and address. Due to the largeamount of entries, we can not return preview screeners.
2. All entry forms and tapes must be postmarked by July 26 2013.
3. Films in the festival need to be a New Mexico premiere. So note whether the film is a world, US, Southwest or New Mexico premiere on the entry form.
4. Entry fees are as follows: $20.00 per title for earlybird deadline which is July 5, 2013 and $25.00 per title for regular deadline which is July 26, 2013. Late deadline is August 9($30.00)Checks are made to Closet Cinema.
5. In addition to the preview screener, you may send photos (EPK) and other publicity materials.
6. Please enclose self-addressed, stamped postcard to confirm receipt of your entry.
7. If your work is accepted we will notify you by no later than August 30, 2013. We will require your exhibition tape or print by September 20, 2013.
8. We will return your exhibtion copy (unless it is not being forwarded to another festival or destination) by November 1, 2013. Please note, we do not return DVD exhibtion copies.
9. Shipment of exhibition materials to the festival must be paid by the applicant. Return shipment of exhibition materials will be paid by the festival. Closet Cinema accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries dur- ing shipment to or from the festival.
10. Unfortunately, we are not able to pay film rental fees for submitted works.
11. Once a film is submitted it may not be withdrawn.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entrant has read, understood and fully agrees with all submission guidelines, terms and conditions, and eligibility requirements.
2. Film is not the subject of any litigation or threatened litigation.
3. The entrant is duly authorized to submit this film to the competition.
4. The entrant holds the Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival and sponsor organizations harmless and indemnify it from any damage to media en route or otherwise during the course of the festival's possession of the film. In addition, the entrant agrees to hold the Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival harmless and indemnify it from cost and/or damages incurred as a result of any litigation and or threatened litigation as a result of the screenings of the film.
5. All films not in English must have English subtitles.
6. The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival.
7. The Festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible for any incorrect information.
8. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that all matters not covered by these regulations, and questions arising from them, will be decided by Festival organizers or programmers at their discretion.
9. The Board of the Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify entries for any reason. All judges' decisions are final.
10. By digitally signing this form and submitting this film, the entrant hereby grant the Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival all necessary rights to screen this film and use short clips of the film for the purposes of advertising and promotion.
11. Once a film is submitted it may not be withdrawn.