SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Documentary Features is a creative work which must have an LGBTQ theme, showing LGBTQ characters and community. Any documentary film 50 minutes or more can be submitted under this category. Film can be of any genre.
|Shorts is a creative work which must have an LGBTQ theme, showing LGBTQ characters and community. Any narrative or documentary film that is 50 minutes or less can be submitted to this category. Films can be of any genre.
|Features is a creative work which must have an LGBTQ theme, showing LGBTQ characters and community. Any narrative film that is 50 minutes or over can be submitted to this category. Films can be of any genre.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Long Beach QFilm Festival's mission is to present films that embody the LGBTQ community. Along with The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach, we advocate for the inclusion of all individuals into a free and just community, without judgment or restriction based on sexual orientation or gender identity using the film medium.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The 2017 Long Beach QFilm Festival will be held in September 7-10, 2017 at the Art Theatre, an art deco style, historical landmark theater, which is the oldest operating single screen movie house in Long Beach. The film festival will include features, shorts, documentaries of, by and for the LGBTQ community. This festival will provide one of the largest LGBTQ communities in the country an opportunity to see queer films, meet filmmakers and meet other movie fans in their own backyard.
- Programmer’s Awards will be given in the categories of Best Feature, Best Documentary, Best Director, Best Screenplay and Best Short.
- Audience Awards will be given in the categories of Best Feature and Best Documentary Feature.
- All films selected to screen at QFilms can use “Official Selection of 2017 QFilm Festival” logo.
Chris Carpenter; Porter Gilberg (Administrative Director); Porter Gilberg (Executive Director); Porter Gilberg (Executive Director); Porter Gilberg (Executive Director); Porter Gilberg (QFilm Event Director)
2017 Long Beach QFilm Festival Submissions Rules
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
Long Beach QFilm Festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from 2017 Long Beach QFilm Festival
1. Entries must be received no later than June 18, 2017.
2. Screening Copies: Entrants must submit (2) DVDs, Blu-Rays or online screener for consideration. We will only accept NTSC DVDs for viewing. No PAL format. However, if your film is chosen to be in the festival, the screening formats accepted are DVD, Blu-Ray, 35mm film, and DCP.
3. Please note: Films will NOT be returned after the festival.
4. Withoutabox online entry forms and payment will not be processed without an accompanying DVD or secure online screener.
5. All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles (unless special arrangements have been made with festival).
6. Please attach the WAB Tracking ID with DVD when submitting.
7. NO PAYMENT WILL BE OFFERED for the inclusion of any film. Filmmakers waive the right to charge a fee for the use of their film in this Festival.
8. For publications purposes, if your film is selected for screening entrants must be prepared to supply at least three electronic images (publicity stills) either in jpeg or PDF format, 300 dpi. NOTE: Only electronic images will be accepted for the official festival program. We also encourage submitting as much publicity material that is available and a complete credit list. These additional materials cannot be returned. Any materials that entrants wish to be seen by the programming committee should be submitted in duplicate with this application.
9. Students must include proof of student status at the time of submission (i.e. copy of valid student I.D.).
The cost of shipping an entry to the festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or C.O.D. shipment will not be accepted. All international entries must be sent "free domicile" to the Festival office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. All payments must be made in US currency. Any brokerage fees charged to the QFilm Festival will be billed back to the shipper. Be sure to include all the proper customs documentation required by the shipping company.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Long Beach QFilm Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Long Beach QFilm Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.