SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Narrative Feature Film Competition
|Films in the Narrative Competition must be feature length narratives 40 minutes or longer. Films must have been completed no earlier than January 1, 2011, unless part of a special section or an exception is made by the festival organizers. Films must be an Arkansas premiere.
|Documentary Feature Film Competition
|Films in the Documentary Competition must be feature length documentaries, 40 minutes or longer. Films must have been completed no earlier than January 1, 2010, unless a special exception is made by the festival organizers. All films must be an Arkansas Premiere.
|Films submitted in the World Shorts Competition can be any Narrative or Documentary film with a running time less than 40 minutes. The winner of the Best Short Film will receive an award, cash prize, and travel accommodations. All films must be an Arkansas Premiere.
|Made In Arkansas Competition
|Films in the Best of Arkansas Competition can be Narrative or Documentary films of any length and genre as long as the film was made in Arkansas. There is no submission fee for this competition. Winners will receive a cash prize and the Charlie B. Pierce Award for Best Film Made in Arkansas. All films must be Arkansas Premieres to be in consideration for the award.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Little Rock Film Festival is one of the most competitive film festivals in the country. Rated twice by MovieMaker Magazine as a top 25 festival "worth the entry fee", the festival awards more than $20,000 in cash prizes each year. Programmed and run by acclaimed documentary filmmakers Brent and Craig Renaud (www.renaudbrothers.com), LRFF prides itself in being the most filmmaker friendly festival in the world. LRFF covers all travel expenses for feature filmmakers accepted into the festival.
In the spirit of Southern hospitality, the LRFF strives to create the most enjoyable environment a festival can offer. Each day of the festival is packed with screenings, panels and workshops, and talks by more than 50 filmmakers from around the World. At night we showcase some of the best parties on the festival circuit, including our already legendary RiverBoat Cruise, the Oxford American Best of the South party, and the Arkansas Times Closing Night Gala and Awards Ceremony in the Great Hall of the Clinton Presidential Center.
Brent Renaud (Program Director)
; Craig Renaud (Program Director)
; Justin Nickels
; LRFF Programming Staff ( )
; LRFF Programming Staff ( )
; LRFF Programming Staff ( )
; Levi Agee
Seventh Annual Little Rock Film Festival (May 13, 2014 to May 18, 2014)
Little Rock Film Festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from Little Rock Film Festival.
1. Entries must adhere to festival category rules.
2. Entrants must submit two DVD viewing copies for consideration.(Please test the DVDs on a standard DVD player)
3. Entry forms and payment will not be processed without accompanying DVDs.
4. All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles (unless special arrangements have been made with festival).
5. Please attach WAB four-digit number with DVD when submitting.
6. Please include with the DVDs the category in which your film is being submitted and its running time.
7. For publications purposes, if your film/video is selected for screening, entrants must be prepared to supply at least three electronic images (publicity stills) either in jpeg or PDF format, 300 dpi. NOTE: Only electronic images will be accepted for the official festival catalog-program. We also encourage submitting as much publicity material as is available and a complete credit list. These additional materials cannot be returned. Any materials that entrants wish to be seen by the programming committee should be submitted in duplicate with this application.
8. Exceptions to the festival regulations must be authorized by the festival's Executive Director or Festival Programmers.
9. All films must be an Arkansas Premiere.
The cost of shipping an entry to the festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or C.O.D. shipment will not be accepted. All international entries must be sent "free domicile" to the Festival office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. Any brokerage fees charged to the Little Rock Film Festival will be billed back to the shipper. Be sure to include all the proper customs documentation required by the shipping company.
**All film submission mailings MUST be marked with the "no signature required" on delivery option.**
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I/We have read all of the Little Rock Film Festival rules. I/We understand
and have complied with these rules.
I/We submit my/our original work for consideration for screening at the Little Rock Film Festival. If selected I/We allow that the original work will be screened at the Little Rock Film Festival in a public arena. Clips of submitted films no longer than 60 seconds may be used by the Little Rock Film Festival for promotional purposes.
I/We warrant the submission of my/our original work and there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission.
I/We also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead and I/we fully indemnify the Festival against any claim made for such violations of law.
To the best of my/our knowledge, all of the statements herein are true and correct.
I/We understand that failure to adhere to the Festival rules will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
I/We agree to hold the Little Rock Film Festival harmless from and defend them against all claims, demands, losses, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any film submitted to the Festival.