CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
CineYouth is the Chicago International Film Festival’s yearly film festival that showcases short films made by filmmakers 22 years old and younger from around the world. CineYouth strives to encourage the talent of young artists and to provide them with opportunities to tell their stories, network with their peers and be recognized for their creativity. CineYouth is a free and open to the public of all ages.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
CineYouth’s 14th year will be held April 20-22, 2018 at the Music Box Theatre in Chicago, IL and will include screenings of Officially Selected films, hands on workshops and special events. Approximately 80 films are accepted to CineYouth.
Award-winning CineYouth films are screened at the 54th Chicago International Film Festival at the CineYouth "Best of the Fest" screening (October 11-25, 2018).
Lauren Ponto (CineYouth Director and Education Manager); Sam Flancher (Competitions Coordinator)
CineYouth is the Chicago International Film Festivals yearly film festival that showcases short films made by filmmakers 22 years old and younger from around the world. CineYouth strives to encourage the talent of young artists and to provide them with opportunities to tell their stories, network with their peers and be recognized for their creativity.
Entries accepted October 2, 2017 February 12, 2018.
- The films director(s) must have been 22 years old or younger at time of filming
- All films must be in English or subtitled in English
- All music and other copyrighted material used must be properly licensed
- The length of all submissions must be 15 minutes or less, including
- Past submissions to CineYouth may not be resubmitted
- You must provide your age at the time of film completion in the Synopsis.
- Please include your age at time of film completion in the Synopsis.
- You may submit as many films as you like, but a completed entry
form/Withoutabox submission must accompany EACH entry.
- Programming decisions are sent via email by March, 2018.
- Because of the high volume of submissions, we are unable to provide feedback on why your film was/was not selected.
- If your film is accepted, you will be asked to provide an electronic film still (not poster image) that is a minimum 300dpi, 4×6 and high quality.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering your work to the CineYouth Festival, you attest that you give
permission for it to screen at the 2018 CineYouth Festival, the 54th Chicago International Film Festival and be used in any promotional/programming materials.