CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
CineYouth is the Chicago International Film Festival’s yearly film festival that showcases short films made by filmmakers 22 years old and younger from around the world. CineYouth strives to encourage the talent of young artists and to provide them with opportunities to tell their stories, network with their peers and be recognized for their creativity. CineYouth is a free and open to the public of all ages.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
CineYouth’s 12th year will be held May 5-7, 2016 in Chicago, IL and will include screenings of Officially Selected films, hands on workshops and special events. Approximately 100 films are accepted to CineYouth.
Award-winning CineYouth are screened at the 52nd Chicago International Film Festival at the CineYouth "Best of the Fest" screening (October 2016).
Rebecca Fons (CineYouth Director and Education Director); Sam Flancher (Competitions Coordinator)
CineYouth is the Chicago International Film Festivals yearly film festival that showcases short films made by filmmakers 22 years old and younger from around the world. CineYouth strives to encourage the talent of young artists and to provide them with opportunities to tell their stories, network with their peers and be recognized for their creativity.
CineYouths 12th year will be held May 5-7, 2016 in Chicago, IL.
Entries accepted November 2, 2015 March 18, 2016 (postmarked by)
- The films director(s) must have been 22 years old or younger at time of filming
- All films must be in English or subtitled in English
- All music and other copyrighted material used must be properly licensed
- The length of all submissions must be 15 minutes or less, including
- Past submissions to CineYouth may not be resubmitted
- You must provide your age at the time of film completion in the Synopsis.
- Please include your age at time of film completion in the Synopsis.
- In addition to Secure Online Screeners via Withoutabox, submissions may also be considered on DVD (region 0 or 1). DVDs must be sent to the address below (one film per DVD for multiple submissions). DVDs will not be returned. Clearly label the DVD with the WAB tracking number.
- You may submit as many films as you like, but a completed entry
form/Withoutabox submission must accompany EACH entry.
- Programming decisions are sent via email by April 5, 2016.
- Because of the high volume of submissions, we are unable to provide feedback on why your film was/was not selected.
- If your film is accepted, you will be asked to provide an electronic film still (not poster image) that is a minimum 300dpi, 4×6 and high quality.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering your work to the CineYouth Festival, you attest that you give
permission for it to screen at the 2016 CineYouth Festival, the 52nd Chicago International Film Festival and be used in any promotional/programming materials.