UNCONFIRMED LISTING •
Call for Entries is current, but not yet approved for Online Submission at Withoutabox. You may submit by traditional means, or check back soon in case the status changes.
|For films over 30 minutes in any genre (inc. narrative, documentary, animations, experimental etc).
|For films that are under 30 minutes (not any longer than 29:59) in any genre (inc. narrative, documentary, animations, experimental, music video etc).
|For films of any length in any genre that was made by a student Director or Producer (Note: must send photocopy of current student ID with your entry. If you are no longer a student, please use standard short film entry. Thank you.)
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Sydney Underground Film Festival is dedicated to nurturing an alternative film culture through the promotion of independent and experimental films. The festival seeks to support filmmakers who operate outside established film industry infrastructures, by providing a platform for exhibition, exposure and critical discussion.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Entries are now open for the 12th annual Sydney Underground Film Festival, which will take place in September at The Factory Theatre in Sydney, Australia.
Each year, the Sydney Underground Film Festival screens approximately 100 films, including 30 features. The festival focuses on quality independent, experimental, arthouse, unique and innovative films from Australia and around the world.
All the screenings take place in the one location, creating a real festival hub for patrons to hang around in between films, eat, drink, discuss and also take advantage of the workshops and talks that the festival has on offer.
Since the festival started in 2007, we have always given filmmakers, who have been rejected from another film festival, a $5 (AUD) discount! You just have to include a rejection letter that you have received from a film festival with your entry (emailed to email@example.com is fine.)
Katherine Berger (Producer); Nathan Senn; Stefan Popescu (Director)
Please read the following carefully:
• To receive the "REJECTION LETTER" discounted fee - you must send with your entry a rejection letter that you received from a film festival (limit one).
• Secure online screener is the preferred method of submission.
• Please DO NOT send extra promo material with your entry! This is only necessary if you are selected.
• Works-in-progress are considered only if the completed film will reach the fest by May 28, 2018.
• Films do not have to be in subtitled or dubbed if not essential to comprehension of film.
• If selected, your exhibition copy is required by Aug 11, 2018. (Exhibition requirements will be sent with acceptance letters.)
• All shipping and handling costs to and from the festival office will be covered by the entrant.
• It's the participant's responsibility to make sure the rights to their films are cleared for the festival. The festival will not be held liable for any issues or lawsuits regarding any films that are entered into the festival.
• Fees will not be reimbursed if not selected for the festival.
• The festival will take due care of all entrants / participants materials but the festival will not be responsible for any loss and / or damage to materials while they are in possession of the festival.
• If you are accepted into the 2018 festival there may be an opportunity to have your film included on a SUFF Best Of compilation DVD for sale or promotional purposes.
• If you are accepted into the 2018 festival there may be an opportunity to have your film screened at other festival-related screenings throughout that year, of which you will be notified.
• By entering this festival you are agreeing to have a 30-second excerpt of your film used for festival promotional purposes only (including web, cinema, TV, DVD) - unless you advise otherwise. Thank you.
Any questions or for further info, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• If my film is selected, i will ensure that my exhibition copy will reach the festival office by August 17, 2018. I understand that all shipping and handling costs to and from the festival office will be covered by me.
• I agree that it is my responsibility to make sure the rights to my film is cleared for the festival. I agree that the festival will not be held liable for any issues or lawsuits regarding any films that are entered into the festival.
• I agree that all fees associated with entering the festival will not be reimbursed if i am not selected for the festival.
* I agree to the festival keeping all submission material for my film entry.
* I agree that the festival will take due care of all entrants / participants materials but the festival will not be responsible for any loss and / or damage to materials while they are in possession of the festival.
* I agree that by entering this festival i agree to have a 30-second excerpt of my film used for festival promotional purposes only (including web, cinema, TV, DVD).