OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|For films over 30 minutes in any genre (inc. narrative, documentary, animations, experimental etc).
|For films that are under 30 minutes (not any longer than 29:59) in any genre (inc. narrative, documentary, animations, experimental, music video etc).
|For films of any length in any genre that was made by a student Director or Producer (Note: must send photocopy of current student ID with your entry. If you are no longer a student, please use standard short film entry. Thank you.)
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Sydney Underground Film Festival is dedicated to nurturing an alternative film culture through the promotion of independent and experimental films. The festival seeks to support filmmakers who operate outside established film industry infrastructures, by providing a platform for exhibition, exposure and critical discussion.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Entries are now open for the 2014 Sydney Underground Film Festival, which will take place from Thursday 4th till Sunday 7th September 2013 at the 'The Factory Theatre' in Sydney's inner west.
The festival programs quality indie / experimental / arthouse films from Australia and around the world and is organised by a committed group of filmmakers, who understand the need for a sustainable and thriving alternative film culture.
The festival is also giving filmmakers who have been rejected from another film festival, a $5 (AUD) discount! You just have to include a rejection letter that you have received from a film festival with your entry. The festival organisers have also received a few of those in their time and this is a way to put them to good use!
Each year, the Sydney Underground Film Festival screens over 20 features and 100 short films. So we look foward to programming as many films as possible again this year.
Katherine Berger (Producer)
; Stefan Popescu (Director)
Please read the following carefully:
* To receive the "REJECTION LETTER" discounted fee - you must send with your entry a rejection letter that you received from a film festival (limit one).
* Works-in-progress are considered only if the completed film will reach the fest by May 30, 2014.
* Please submit 2 copies of your film for selection process.
* Preview copies of your film must be on DVD (PAL or NTSC) & exhibition copies (DVCam, mini DV, jump drives and .mov quicktimes on DVD) must be clearly marked with your name, film title, running time, contact phone, and WAB tracking number.
* Please make sure to indicate "For cultural purposes only, no commercial value" on the shipping / postal declaration.
• Please DO NOT send extra promo material with your entry! This is only necessary if you are selected.
* If selected, we will require a QUICKTIME Pal .mov file on DVD in 16 x 9 format or 4 x 3 with vertical mattes (pillarboxing) by Aug 10, 2014. (Note: for features you can also send a DVCAM or MiniDV)
* The festival will keep all DVD copies and promotional material.
* It's the participant's responsibility to make sure the rights to their films are cleared for the festival. The festival will not be held liable for any issues or lawsuits regarding any films that are entered into the festival.
* Fees will not be reimbursed if not selected for the festival.
* All shipping and handling costs to the festival office will be covered by the entrant.
* The festival will take due care of all entrants / participants materials but the festival will not be responsible for any loss and / or damage to materials while they are in possession of the festival.
* Films do not have to be in subtitled or dubbed if not essential to comprehension of film.
* Entrants will be notified around the 5th August 2014 of selection results.
* If you are accepted into the 2014 festival there may be an opportunity to have your film included on a SUFF Best Of compilation DVD for sale or promotional purposes.
* If you are accepted into the 2014 festival there may be an opportunity to have your film screened at other festival related screenings throughout that year, of which you will be notified.
* By entering this festival you are agree to having a 30 second excerpt of your film used for festival promotional purposes only (including web, cinema, TV, DVD) - unless you advise otherwise. Thank you.
All entries to be mailed to:
Sydney Underground Film Festival
PO Box 202, Summer Hill
NSW 2130 Australia
For more info please email: email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* If my film is a short film, I agree that if i am selected the festival will require a QUICKTIME Pal .mov file on DVD or jump drive in 16 x 9 format or 4 x 3 with vertical mattes (pillarboxing) by Aug 10, 2014. If my film is a feature, i agree to sending a copy of my film on DVCAM or MiniDV in 16 x 9 format or 4 x 3 with vertical mattes (pillarboxing) by Aug 10, 2014.
* I agree that it is my responsibility to make sure the rights to my film is cleared for the festival. I agree that the festival will not be held liable for any issues or lawsuits regarding any films that are entered into the festival.
* I agree that all fees associated with entering the festival will not be reimbursed if i am not selected for the festival.
* I agree that all i shall cover all shipping and handling costs to the festival office.
* I agree to the festival keeping all DVD copies and promotional material for my film entry.
* I agree that the festival will take due care of all entrants / participants materials but the festival will not be responsible for any loss and / or damage to materials while they are in possession of the festival.
* I agree that by entering this festival i agree to having a 30 second excerpt of my film used for festival promotional purposes only (including web, cinema, TV, DVD).