SERVICES COMING SOON • Add this event to your Watchlist to be alerted when the Call for Entries open on Withoutabox. Login or register an account to get started.
|The LIDF is calling for documentary films produced after January 1st 2015. The call is open and international. All subject matter is considered.
Filmmakers submitting more than one film can pay the fee for ALL films with their first submission and get a fee waiver for the others.
|Short Films (under 40mins)
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The London International Documentary Festival (LIDF) is London’s oldest and largest documentary festival and offers an unprecedented all year-round snapshot of the contemporary world. The festival adopts a questioning, critical attitude to the cultural, social and political issues of the day, engaging with filmmakers, their subjects, and our audience to create a highly distinct environment for cultural interaction.
The LIDF is a BAFTA qualifying festival and is committed to providing the highest quality platform for international documentaries and their directors. It does this by working with globally recognised partners and venues, such as the British Museum, the Barbican Centre, and the TATE Modern on a year-round programme of screenings and other events.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The first LIDF took place at the British Museum in 2007. The Festival arose from a commitment to what it called, and continues to call, ‘Conversations in Film’. These conversations bring together diverse audiences and go beyond the films themselves in order to engage with wider social, artistic and political issues, as well as examining how documentary film can function as an important source of knowledge about the world.
Patrick Hazard (Director)
1. Only completed entries will be processed and considered for screening.
2. Entry details can be submitted via Withoutabox or on-line at www.lidf.co.uk. A separate entry must be made for each film submitted. The LIDF is not responsible for incorrect wording in its publicity material if the original submission contains errors. However, the LIDF will undertake to reconfirm all film and production details with successful entrants. If the LIDF again receives incorrect details it cannot be held responsible for any errors in print material used for the Festival.
3. In case of difficulty submitting please contact the Festival Office by email at: email@example.com
4. All entries must be accompanied by a synopsis of the production’s content.
Each submission must be accompanied by the appropriate fee. Fees are not refundable. All payments must be in UK sterling.
Short films (under 40mins) £30.00
Documentary (over 40 mins) £50.00
For every additional film submitted £5.00
If you are submitting two films, please pay the combined submission fee for both films with the first entry and indicate that you are requesting a waiver with the second entry.
FILMS BY INVITATION
The LIDF reserves the right to include in the final programme films that are at the Festival by invitation and may be produced before January 2015.
The closing date for submissions is September 16th 2018.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ELIGIBILITY AND WARRANTIES
1. Productions produced prior to January 1st 2015 are not eligible.
2. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
3. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the entry for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at "live" Festival events other than theatrical screening.
4. All entries must be either in English or contain English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles or with supplementary printed translations will be automatically disqualified.
5. Submission assumes acceptance of the LIDF Entry Regulations.
1. If a film is selected for screening, the Festival office will contact the entrant by email. All successful entries will be notified by October 1st 2018, baring unforeseen circumstances..
2. All films selected will be made available for viewing. All timing, date and venue details will be made by the LIDF. All decisions are final.
3. For publicity purposes, entries selected will be required to supply at least 3 colour jpegs from the film, a full synopsis and production credits. The LIDF will happily view existing publicity material but is under no obligation to use it.