OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Shorts (Under 40 mins in duration)
|Features are over 40 minutes.
|STAGE PLAYS ENTRIES
Stageplays should be entered for the purpose of being transitioned to film for DVD or theatrical release only. Entries for stage plays must be completed works. There may be 1-3 plays selected for live performance during the festival. Live performances of stageplays will be limited to duration of 1 ½ hours.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Our mission is "Through the art of film, we celebrate the richness, diversity and creativity of storytelling for the cultural enrichment, progression and education of communities worldwide.
**The festival accepts entries from all races, colors, creeds and nationalities.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
THE INTERNATIONAL BLACK FILM FESTIVAL OF NASHVILLE IS EXCITED ABOUT YOUR FILM! SUBMIT YOUR FILM TO BE A PART OF THE 2014 FESTIVAL. IBFFN IS ONE OF THE FASTEST GROWING AND EXCITING FILM EVENTS IN THE SOUTHEAST.
WHY NOT CONNECT AND SHARE YOUR VISION WITH A WIDE AUDIENCE….. GET THE ATTENTION OF TOP NOTCH INDUSTRY EXECUTIVES…….. BUILD BUZZ FOR YOUR FILM……..NETWORK WITH FILMMAKERS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE…HAVE A CHANCE TO JOIN AN ELITE GROUP OF AWARD-WINNING FILMS.......FESTIVAL 2014, COMING IN OCTOBER!
Hazel Joyner-Smith (Founder & CEO)
; Ingrid Brown (Co-Founder & COO)
; Ivy Brown
; Ivy Brown
; Ivy Brown (VP of Creative Services)
; Tana McDonald (Film Programming)
; Tana McDonald (Film Programming)
Only one form per entry. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit. Fees are non-refundable. Payment in US dollars may be made by money order and cashiers checks only. The film title must be clearly printed on all checks/money orders with the tracking number. Do not send cash. Please make payable to IBFF Nashville. Submissions will not be viewed unless accompanied by entry fee(s) and fully completed and signed entry form. Please send entries in sturdy, reusable containers or bubble wrap envelopes.
All packages and inquiries should be addressed to:
The Film House
International Black Film Festival of Nashville
Attn: Film Competition Division
810 Dominican Drive
Nashville, TN 37228
Notifications will be made via email to the person listed as the primary contact unless filmmaker makes other arrangements. Upon acceptance, an acceptance package with further festival details (i.e. screening and festival schedule, special events, passes, etc) will be sent via e-mail.
• Notification of Acceptance: August 20, 2014
• Notification of Screening Schedule: September 1, 2014
Films entered into competition, whether international or from the US must be directed, produced, written or principally acted by an artist of African Descent. The festival does not accept films made before July 2011.
All entries must be submitted on DVD for judging, evaluation, audience feedback, and competition. Upon acceptance you may send a 35mm, 16mm film print (sent on shipping reels, heads out, with countdown leader), DVD, Blu Ray, or Beta by the final copy deadline of July 30, 2013. Filmmaker must make arrangements with festival staff to screen all formats other than DVD. The primary contact listed on the application will receive the letter of acceptance via email.
• Feature films and short films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for Festival presentation.
• For submission purposes, DVD screeners may be of works-in-progress, films with temporary soundtracks, or digital outputs and should first be tested and in excellent condition before submitting.
• Filmmakers must deliver final format (as indicated) for Festival screenings. No exceptions will be permitted.
• Student entries must be works shot, directed, and produced by the student. Adult supervision must be limited to an advisory capacity.
• For all submissions include the running time on the DVD.
• Indicate the region-coding of the disc, and, if the DVD is in PAL format, print “PAL” on the disc.
• If submitting a work-in-progress, indicate the elements that are incomplete on the DVD.
**Competition films must NOT have received a contract from or been released by a major or independent distribution or broadcast company. You may clarify questions of eligibility prior to submission of entry by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Completed submission form with fee
• Preview DVD’s (Region 0 or 1 and NTSC preferred)
• Submit two (1) DVD's via mail, and one via online screener
• Entry fee payment via online with WAB or in package with submission
• One press kit, which must be submitted electronically via WAB and/or on CD.
**All submission materials must be delivered together in one package with entry form and fee by the deadline. You may submit more than one film, but each one must be on a separate DVD, in EXCELLENT condition, and must be accompanied by its own completed submission form and entry fee.
ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT (EPK) REQUIREMENTS
Upon submission, your EPK is required and must be received by via WAB and/or on CD to receive screening schedule. (EPK will not be returned):
• Synopsis of film (50 words or less-Very Important!)
• Director Biography (Maximum 250 words)
• Hi-resolution photo of Director (300 DPI – 1 photo only)
• Prints, still photo or high-resolution digital images (300 DPI – 2 images only)
• One 30-90 second trailer
FINAL SCREENING FORMATS & REQUIREMENTS
If your film is selected for exhibition, please be advised that the festival will require:
• HDCam, or DigiBeta (NTSC) prints/tapes for features and shorts; DigiBeta (NTSC), Beta SP, or DV Cam for High School Shorts.
• Electronic Press kits with photo stills (color and black & white)
• Headshots of Director(s) (1 photo only)
• Biographies of Director(s)
• Film trailers, clip reels, posters, postcards, and EPKs, if available.
All international entries must be seen “free domicile” to the festival address, with all transportation charges, duties and taxes prepaid by the shipper. We cannot accept entries shipped via air-freight if customs and delivery fees have not been paid. All entries from outside the US should be sent Air Mail Registered or by a parcel or express service. Non-English films must have English subtitles.
STAGE PLAYS ENTRIES
Entries for stage plays should be entered for the purpose of being transitioned to film for DVD or theatrical release only. There may be 1-3 plays selected for live performance during the festival. Live performances of stageplays will be limited to duration of 1 ½ hours.
IBFFN will review and make a determination if it is believed that adult content (i.e. language, sexual content, nudity, violence) is not acceptable for the festival. If accepted, and is determined that content is not family- friendly, it may be screened at a later time slot. However, the festival does reserve the right to refuse any submission if deemed unfit for our viewers.
SELECTION OF WINNERS AND PRIZES
Films will be previewed and selected by a jury. One winner per genre will be selected and awards and/or prizes will be given for each genre to the DIRECTOR during the festival awards ceremony. Separate awards/prizes may be given to students and/or children in each genre.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Although every possible care will be taken with entries while in our possession, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that occurs during shipping. Please do not send originals under any circumstance. If film cannot be screened, festival staff will forward an e-mail to primary contact requesting another copy .
The entrant must pay all costs associated with the shipping and entry to the festival.
IBFFN WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RETURN OF FILMS UNLESS FILMMAKER MAKES ARRANGEMENTS WITH FESTIVAL MANAGEMENT AND PAYS ALL ASSOCIATED FEES IN ADVANCE. FILMS WILL NOT BE RETURNED UNTIL AFTER THE FESTIVAL, UNLESS ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE IN ADVANCE WITH FESTIVAL MANAGEMENT.
Submission of an entry grants the festival permission to have accepted work photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced-either in part or in whole-for educational and /or publicity purposes unless otherwise requested in writing by the filmmaker. The Director and producer will be displayed on all print, video, web or media spots.