The American Indie Competition is LIFF’s main competition that focuses entirely on American independent cinema. Young American talents who are yet unknown to international audiences are invited to enter the competition, where they can take their first steps into the global limelight. The competition films are selected from among the year’s newest productions. We aim to be the gateway to Europe for these films and filmmakers. The American Indie Competition comes with an audience price.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Welcome to the Leiden International Film Festival.
The Leiden Film Festival (Leids Film Festival) is an annual international film festival in the historical city of Leiden, the Netherlands. The 8th edition of the LIFF will be from the 1th till 10th of November 2013 in theatres and cultural venues throughout Leiden.
The programme consists of the American Indie Competition, international premieres, new art-house cinema, retrospectives and many side programmes such as workshops, exhibitions and parties.
In seven years, the festival has grown to be an annual event with 27.500 visitors and a strong place on the Dutch festival circuit. From the very start of the festival, the focus of the LIFF has been on films which examine the border between art-house and mainstream. This not only gives the festival a very distinctive place among other film festivals in the Netherlands, it also offers the Dutch public films that are part of a nichemarket. The Leiden audience has proved to be very receptive for this type of cinema. ORGANIZERS
Alexander Mouret (Festival Registrar)
Information not provided.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Regulations for submission and participation of films to Leids Film Festival 2008:
1. The 3rd Leids Film Festival, organized by stArt foundation, will be held from 22-26 October 2008.
2. Submission to the Festival is open to feature films, short films, creative documentaries and animated films. There is no entry fee. Detailed information on the Festival's main strands of interest can be found on the Festival's website.
3. Selected films will be screened in their original version. In principle, if not with English dialogue, films must be subtitled in Dutch or English.
For the selection, the Festival will admit only DVD or VHS (PAL, Secam and NTSC) formats. The films must be sent prepaid by the sender before the submission deadline, on 18 August 18 2008, to the following address:
Leids Film Festival
t.a.v. A. Mouret
P.O. Box 11137
2301 EC Leiden
4. The owners of the films participating in the Festival are requested to send separately an adequate amount of press kits and stills to be made available to the Festival Press Office for distribution to the press and Festival guests.
After official selection of a film the Festival is qualified to use excerpts from the film, with a maximum of 3-minutes, nationally and internationally for promotional purposes (for documentaries and short films, the total duration of the excerpts is not to exceed more than 10% of the film's running time).
For promotion of the whole selection and of each selected film, the Festival website is allowed to use any photo or digital film clip (less than 3 minutes duration).
5. Detailed print/video shipment information will follow upon acceptance of the film. Unless authorized by the Festival, the print/video must be made available for the whole festival period. The print/video must arrive in The Netherlands before 1 October 2008.
The film must be sent prepaid by sender. No collect shipments are accepted unless authorized by the Festival. The Festival will pay for the return transportation charges, excluding any additional costs for tax and customs clearance in country of return.
6. Acceptance of a film does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodation.
7. Entry and participation of films implies unconditional acceptance of the regulations. In unspecified cases, the Festival Management will make a final decision.