CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Short Film Competition
|The Short Film Competition is the centrepiece of the Super Shorts Festival. Shortlisted films are screened in London.
All films under 30 minutes are eligible, including live action, documentary and animation.
The shortlisted films are viewed by the Festival Jury and winners are picked for the following awards;
* Grand Prix - £3,000 cash prize.
* Best Direction
* Best Editing
* Best Music
* Best Cinematography
* Best Comedy
* Best Drama
* Best Documentary
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
with an increased Grand Prix of 3000£ our mission is to champion the art of short films and the talent of short filmmakers.
We pride ourselves in finding and screening the best shorts from all over the globe, prizing young and professional directors.
Super Shorts International Film Festival is an Environmentally Friendly Film Festival that supports a paperless system of submission.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
"The best short films from around the world" Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter series)
"The best in short cinema from around the world" Timeout london
“The world's best new shorts” Metro newspaper
Super Shorts International Film Festival is back and this year to celebrate its 11th Anniversary and we intend on making this year's event bigger than ever!
Super Shorts has awarded over £20,000 ($30,000) in cash and £20,000 ($30,000) worth of prizes to talented filmmakers and screenwriters.
In the last ten years we've shown over 2,000 incredible short films, from slick 35mm shorts to weird and wonderful experimental films. We've held over 120 events, including seminars, panel discussions, workshops and in 2011 all our officially selected films were streamed during the festival on Dailymotion reaching an audience of over 150, 000 people.
The 2014 Jury is still being finalised and we hope to announce some very exciting names soon. For past editions we had Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter series), Alex Zane (Acclaimed Radio and TV Presenter), Philip Bloom (world renowned DOP and filmmaker) and Andrew Scott (Olivier Award winning stage and screen Actor who is best known for working with Steven Spielberg in Saving Private Ryan and Moriarty in BBC's production of Sherlock).
Chris Jones (Artistic Director -Filmmaker/ Author)
Information not provided.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Film Festival - means the Super Shorts International Film Festival to be held during 2014.
2. The Organiser - means Creative Festivals Limited and any companies, including but not limited to, that are involved on Creative Festivals Limited's behalf in any aspect of this competition.
3. The Film means the entry submitted to the Super Shorts International Film Festival.
4. The Film, entered into the Film Festival, may be generated using any medium (e.g. sequenced stills, digital, video, film, animation, etc.). The Film can be in colour or black & white and must be submitted via an online screener. Films can be of any genre such as documentary, comedy, drama, etc. but must not be of a commercial nature, i.e. promote a product, brand or company.
5. If the Film includes a soundtrack which is not original (i.e. composed and recorded by yourself) you MUST obtain clearance for use in the Film. Please contact the bodies established in your country that handle licensing of music.
6. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries.
7. No submission (this is includes dvd's and application forms) are to be sent physically. Super Shorts is an environmentally friendly festival that only accepts online submission.
8. Multiple entries per person are permitted and an entry form must be completed for each film submitted. Payment of entry does not guarantee acceptance to the Festival and is non-refundable under any circumstances.
9. The Organiser will undertake the selection process and the judging criteria of the Film will be based on the film originality, style, impact and overall finished quality.
10. The Organiser will undertake the selection process and the judging criteria of the Film will be based on the film originality, style, impact and overall finished quality.
11. The judges shall use absolute discretion in judging the Film and their decisions shall be final. No correspondence or appeals process shall be entered into to explain, clarify or verify the judges' decisions.
12. Entrants of selected films will be notified by email. If selected, you must deliver the Film and promotional material such as still images and filmmaker biographies to the Organiser in the requested format within fourteen days of the request. Failure to do so may lead to the withdrawal of your film from the festival programme.
13. You grant the Organiser the non-exclusive right to screen and stream the film in the United Kingdom for the purposes of promoting the Film, the Film Festival and the Organisers. You grant the Organiser permission to use excerpts of the Film in trailers, clips and compilation videos for the purposes of promoting the Film, the Film Festival and the Organisers. You grant the Organiser permission to make copies of the Film and distribute it to press for the purposes of promoting the Film, the Film Festival and the Organisers.
14. The Organiser makes no guarantee that prizes will be awarded. In the event of the Organiser not awarding a prize or reward for entry there will be no cash alternative. The Organiser reserves the right to substitute any stated prize should the stated prize become unavailable.
15. The Organiser will issue a receipt for submissions by email. If your receipt is not received within 14 working days after your submission please contact Super Shorts through the email address on firstname.lastname@example.org
16. Sexually explicit material or other material deemed by the Organiser to be offensive or inappropriate will be disqualified from the Film Festival.
17. The Organiser will issue a receipt for submissions by email. If your receipt is not received within 14 working days after your submission please contact Super Shorts through the email address on email@example.com
18. You warrant to the Organiser that the Film is wholly original to you and does not infringe the rights of any third party and that you own the copyright in respect of your film and shall continue to keep indemnified the Organiser, their servants and agents against all loss, liability, claims or costs (including legal fees) incurred, awarded or agreed by the Organisers as a direct result of reasonably foreseeable consequence of any breach or non-performance of any of the represented warranties or undertakings by you.
19. Selected films and the festival programme will be announced on www.supershorts.org.uk
20. This agreement will be construed under and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.