HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The International Film Festival Egypt is for filmmakers, video artists and those working with the moving image from all over the world. This Festival honours the individual voice. Its mission is to provide a worldwide public forum for independent and experimental filmmakers and to offer educational outreach.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
In its fourth year, the Festival grows and continues to invite filmmakers from around the world to screen in the well known El Sawy Cultural Centre in Cairo.
Binda Singh (Festival Registrar)
1) The International Film Festival Egypt -- Cairo, will take place at the El Sawy Cultural Centre, 26th July Street, Zamalak, Cairo, Egypt between Aril 4th and April 8th 2009.
2) The absolute final submission deadline is February 1st 2009.
3) The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony in Egypt on April 8th 2009.
4) The Festival reserves the right to place entries into alternative categories if they feel it is to the benefit of the title.
5) Each submission must be entered separately. Entries will be assessed and successful submissions will be programmed for screening.
6) Organized in association with AMRITSA Ltd.
7) The submission copy must be sent to our office in the UK before the deadline date.
Film Festival Office - EG
Dylan Thomas Centre
8) It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that a final DVD screening copy of the entry is sent to the Fstival organisers in Egypt at least 48 hours before any scheduled screening. Failure to do so will jepordise the screening. You will be notified when to send the final screening copy to Egypt.
9) We reserve the right to use extracts from submissions for festival publicity and marketing purposes.
10) Festuival Adminstrators decision is final.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS