DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
|Short Film (All)
|Projects up to 40 minutes. Open Genre. Open Form. Shorts should serve a purpose -- be the first episode of a series, a scene from a movie, an idea for expansion -- something that is interesting for a "bigger picture" look from buyers and distributors.
|Feature Film (All)
|Projects over 40 Minutes. Open Genre. Open Form. Distribution ready feature films of any genre from documentary to narrative and beyond!
|Screenplay Feature Length
|Finalists in the feature screenplay competition will have their scenes of their screenplays/treatments/loglines made available for viewing in the FlipsideTV Film Festival and Film Market.
|Screenplay - Guaranteed Film Market
|This selection enters you in the festival and guarantees your participation in the online film market regardless of you acceptance into the fest, where we will market directly to buyers and distributors.
|Feature - Guaranteed Film Market
|This option enters you in the festival and, regardless of your acceptance into the festival, you can guarantee a place in our online film market where we market directly to thousands of buyers and distributors (the same who attend AFM and Cannes).
|Feature - Film Market Spotlight
|Get a Spotlight presentation in the FTV Film Festival and Film Market. You will be entered in the fest, and insure your place in the market, where you will be singularly marketed to more than 3,000 buyers and distributors.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Buy. Sell. Deal. Market the World at the FlipsideTV Film Festival and Film Market. If you are ready for distribution, then we are ready for you.
Features. Shorts. Series and Screenplays. Anything! We take your project beyond the festival.
This unique online film festival and film market will market finalists to thousands of buyers, distributors and producers.
The FlipsideTV Film Festival maintains the sole intention of giving independent producers, screenplay writers, and directors a means to get in front of buyers, distributors, agents, financiers & industry pros, as well as a film watching audience.
This is an ONLINE FILM FESTIVAL AND FILM MARKET that runs twice yearly. Movies play to a large subscriber base and are also exposed to potential acquisition and distribution agents.
Finalists are marketed to thousands of buyers, distributors, licensors, and producers who attend major events like AFM and Cannes.
Since movies play to a "subscriber base," the festival plays more like a traditional film festival and movies are not available on the open web.
All official selections play to this audience for a one-month period and finalists are offered distribution and winners may get additional awards including theatrical exhibition to get the projects out there!
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
This is an open genre, open form online film festival and market. From traditional narrative features, shorts, and music videos, to documentaries, to horror to comedy, to dramas to science fiction, to action to adventure, to anything and everything experimental, to TV and web series, to mobile media and student films.
HISTORY OF THE FLIPSIDE FILM FESTIVAL
The FlipsideTV Film Festival came about in response to the great quality of work coming through the festival circuit that largely went unseen once they were done with playing festivals. The FlipsideTV Film Festival showcases international filmmakers and projects.
David Charbonier; David Charbonier; David Charbonier; Del Charbonier (President); Del Charbonier (President); Del Charbonier (President)
2015 FLIPSIDETV FILM FESTIVAL AND FILM MARKET OFFICIAL GUIDELINES AND RULES:
I. Certification of Film, Project, Media, Production, Series or other Media (herein called Production) Entrant
II. Film Submissions
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. I have read, understand and fully comply with all submission eligibility information, Submission Guidelines, Terms and Conditions of Entry and Entry Eligibility requirements.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true;
3. This Production (feature, short, documentary, screenplay, or other media) is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation;
4. I am duly authorized to submit this production to the competition;
5. I hold FlipsideTV harmless from any damage to the print(s) or tape(s) or media en route or otherwise during the course of the festivals possession of the film;
6. I hold FlipsideTV, its management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry.
8. I certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the Production.
9. I give permission for the FlipsideTV to use excerpts of up to three minutes of the Production for promotional purposes, unless otherwise noted in attached writing and submitted with entry.
10. I give permission for the FlipsideTV to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the Production for promotional purposes.
11. I give permission for the FlipsideTV to screen the Production at the FlipsideTV event.
11.1 I understand that the FlipsideTV Film Festival and Film Market is an online event hosted through flipsidetv.com and does not have a physical theatrical location.
11.2 I understand that by submitting my entry to the FlipsideTV Film Festival and Film Market I am granting FlipsideTV a license to exhibit the Production through FlipsideTV’s subscription streaming service for the length of the festival.
11.3 I understand that there is no monetary compensation for being chosen as an official selection or finalist to the FlipsideTV Film Festival and Film Market.
12. Submitter must own all copyrights; (If requested) must be able to provide model/actor release verification if requested; must be able to provide music, product and other copyright licensing verification if requested. Submitter/Producer agrees to take on all copyright liability in regard to submitted film.
13. I give my permission for FlipsideTV to share my film and contact information with FlipsideTV partners unless I specify otherwise.
14. Entry does not guarantee acceptance into the festival or film market.
II. FILM SUBMISSION
1. SUBMISSION FORMAT: All Festival submissions should be sent on either DVD (NTSC or PAL Format only); or submitted through Withoutabox as an online screener; or as a digital file uploaded to FlipsideTV or sent on a data disk. DVDs and paper cases (rather than jewel cases or amaray cases) are preferred with the title and WAB Entry Number clearly printed on the DVD itself. We do not return entries.
2. SUBMISSION LENGTH AND GENRE: The FlipsideTV Film Festival and Film Market is open genre; meaning we accept all forms and genres that would be deemed within a G, PG, PG-13, R, or NC-17 rating by FlipsideTV staff. We do not accept pornographic entertainment. Short form submissions are under forty (40) minutes. Long form (feature length) submissions are forty (40) minutes and over.
3. Submissions WILL NOT be returned.
4. MULTIPLE ENTRIES are allowed.
5. PRODUCER / FILMMAKER / COPYRIGHTS: submitter (filmmaker or producer) will be referred to as producer or submitter. Producer must own all copyrights; must be able to provide model/actor release verification if requested; must be able to provide music, product and other copyright licensing verification if requested. Producer agrees to take on all copyright liability in regard to submitted film.
6. SUBMISSION DEADLINES: Submissions with postmarks prior to and after these will not qualify for entry into the festival. Entrants are expect to enter by the deadline with assets (including screening copy and fees) to be received within 5 business days following the deadline.
7. ENTRY FEES: View the "Call for Entries" to note fees and deadlines. Entry fees are non-refundable. If your entry fee is not received with or prior to your submission, your entry may be deemed disqualified at the discretion of FlipsideTV.
8. ORIGINATING FORMAT: Film, digital and new media originating formats are accepted for submission.
9. PRESENTATION FORMAT: If accepted into the film festival and film market, producers must be able to provide DVD (NTSC)or other digital media for digital presentation. Other formats may be permitted.
10. DATE OF COMPLETION: Not specified.
11. PREMIERE/DISTRIBUTION STATUS: We accept submissions that have premiered elsewhere; submissions may have distribution agreements already in place. However, TV, theatrical, video, cable, pay-per-view, other festival, or other distribution outlets that run concurrently or in the same month of the festival may not be eligible for screening. Decisions made at FlipsideTV discretion.
12. LOSS OR DAMAGE: Every precaution will be taken to prevent or loss or damage to materials while in the possession of the festival. However, Producer agrees to release FlipsideTV from responsibility should any materials be damaged while in transit to or from, or while in the possession of FlipsideTV.
13. ROUGH CUTS AND INCOMPLETE PROJECTS: Always try to send the best representation of your project. Rough cuts can be entered in contest, but must be completed and received with four weeks of festival start date.
14. FlipsideTV MARKETING: By submitting producer is consenting for use and copying of accepted projects for the purpose of promoting FlipsideTV Film Festival Season 7. Producer is giving FlipsideTV permission to use up to three minutes of submission to promote the festival.
15a. FlipsideTV EXHIBITION AND SCREENING: By submitting to the festival, if chosen as an official selection, Producer is hereby granting permission for FlipsideTV to exhibit Producer's submission in the FlipsideTV festival event as previously specified.
15b. FlipsideTV EXHIBITION AND SCREENING: By submitting, Producer acknowledges that the number of films the festival selects and exhibits may vary from event-to-event based on, but not limited to, total number of entries, quality of entries, final sponsorship revenue, and venue availability. Decisions are final and at the discretion of the FlipsideTV.
16. SCREENERS AND JURY: All screening, selection, and jury decisions are final. By entering the festival and any of its contests, Producers are verifying that you understand entry does not guarantee a screening. Decisions are final and at the discretion of FlipsideTV.
17. OFFICIAL SELECTIONS: If chosen as an official selection, FlipsideTV will request acknowledgment of your acceptance and additional materials. If any of the requested materials are not received by the festival in the time allotted, it is at the discretion of the festival to keep or remove the project as an Official Selection.
18. QUALIFIERS: Entrants must adhere to the category requirements as outlined on the FlipsideTV website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GENERAL WAIVER RULES AND GUIDELINES
a. General. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All taxes (including, without limitation, federal, state, and local taxes) on or connected with any prize (including, without limitation, prizes that are opportunities to make donations to a charitable organization), and the reporting consequences thereof, are the sole and exclusive responsibility of respective winners.
b. All prizes awarded, if any are offered, in connection with the Contest are nontransferable and non-endorsable. No substitution of prizes is permitted. Release, Waiver and Indemnification. By entering the contest, entrants release and hold the promoter and host and all other contest entities harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the contest or participation in any contest-related activity or resulting directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. The promoter, the host and contest entities do not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of an entrant's intellectual property rights, if any, respect to any submission or concept, reviews, material, video and/or other materials provided in connection with the contest.
C. By entering the contest, entrants release, waive any claims with regard to, and hold harmless the promoter, the host and the contest entities from and against any and all claims of any kind that are or could be asserted with respect to any matter relating to the contest. Entrants further agree to indemnify, defend and hold the promoter, host and all other contest entities harmless from any and all damages, liabilities, fees and cost incurred in defending against any third party claims or threats of claims asserted against promoter, host and/or other contest entities arising from any entrant's participation in or conduct associated with the contest.
d. Nonperformance of any party shall be excused to the extent that performance is rendered impossible by strike, fire, flood, earthquakes, war, governmental acts or orders or restrictions, or any other reason where failure to perform is beyond the reasonable control, and not caused by the negligence of, the nonperforming party. Governing Law and Waiver of Damages. The Contest and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California , United States of America , without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. For any dispute not subject to arbitration according to the above, entrant agrees to personal jurisdiction by the federal and state courts located in Orange County, California , United States of America , and waives any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
e. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby irrevocably waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in the Contest), and entrant further irrevocably waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.