OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Gig Harbor Film Festival is committed to educating, entertaining and inspiring both filmmakers and audiences alike while enriching the cultural vitality of the community. The power of film to promote understanding, tolerance and global understanding through the art of independent cinema is our mission.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Gig Harbor Film Festival is rated as one of the fastest growing independent film events in the Northwest and runs from October 20-23, 2016. Located only 40 miles from Seattle on the South Puget Sound, Gig Harbor has been called one of the Top Five Small Towns in America by the Smithsonian Magazine. It’s rich heritage, culture and charm are reflected in the warm and enthusiastic reception shown towards filmmakers and audiences.
The Gig Harbor Film Festival is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization as defined by the IRS.
Please visit www.gigharborfilmfestival.org
or call: 253-851-FILM (3456) for additional information.
Films chosen for Exhibition in the 2016 Gig Harbor Film Festival will be presented in the award winning, 10-screen, digital Galaxy Theatre located in Gig Harbor. Filmmakers and Directors who attend will be featured guests at multiple festival events guaranteeing a memorable experience.
Dennis Minor (Producer); Jenny Wellman (Executive Director)
Gig Harbor Film Festival (GHFF)- Gig Harbor, Washington Oct 20-23, 2016 - Submissions Rules
Gig Harbor Film Festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from GHFF.
1. Entries must have been completed after January 1, 2014.
2. All Preview Copies must be received by August 30, 2016. Any Preview Copies not received in the GHFF office by that date will not be considered for exhibition and any application fee will be forfeited. We suggest all entries be shipped with internet tracking options i.e. FedEx, UPS or USPS Certified Mail.
3. Shipping costs must be paid by the Entry Submitter. Collect or C.O.D. shipments will not be accepted. All Entries originating outside of the United States must be sent "Free Domicile" to the GHFF office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the Entry Submitter. Any brokerage fees charged to GHFF will be billed to the Entry Submitter and must be paid before the film will be Previewed. Please include all proper customs documentation required by the shipping company and/or US Customs.
4. Entry Submitters must provide Preview Screeners as either:
1) Two (2) Preview Copies for consideration in either DVD or Blu-ray format delivered
to the GHFF office.
2) Preview link on Vimeo and password. The link and password must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. All entries must be in spoken English or English Subtitled.
6. Please attach/write WAB Tracking ID on all submission materials.
7. It is the responsibility of the the Entry Submitter to submit their film in the appropriate category. Any additional costs for re-classifying by GHFF must be paid before the film will be Exhibited. Any reduction in costs for re-classifying will not be refunded.
8. Upon the conclusion of the 2016 GHFF, one (1) Preview copy of each Entry originating from the United States will be returned to the Individual listed as the Entry Submitter if they have provided a pre-paid mailer. The GHFF will retain one (1) copy for its files. Unless previous arrangements and shipping costs have been paid, GHFF will not return any Preview copies submitted from International addresses.
9. Entries under the Student Fee pricing, must be accompanied with a copy of a valid Student I.D. of either an Executive Producer, Producer or Director as listed in the on-screen credits. This must be delivered with the Preview Copies. Any film submitted without the appropriate Student I.D. will not be Previewed until a valid I.D. is received by the GHFF. If no valid Student I.D. or payment of additional costs for change to the correct Entry fee is received by the Final Deadline, the film will not be Previewed and any entry fees previously received will be forfeited. If the person submitting the film is no longer a Student, the Student Fee will be accepted upon receipt of a copy of their Student I.D. valid at the time the film was completed.
10. Upon selection of an Entry to be Exhibited during the Festival, the GHFF strongly suggests that the Entry Submitter provide a copy of the film in DCP file format for exhibition. Projecting films in the highest quality available helps increase audience approval and the film's reception. All DCP files must be received by October 6, 2016 to allow time for projection setup. GHFF retains final decision on the use of the DCP format or the original DVD or Blu-ray formats based on video/audio quality and potential audience experience. Any costs associated with the DCP creation and shipping to GHFF will be the responsibility of the Submitter. Upon completion of the Festival, GHFF will return the DCP file drive via USPS First Class mail unless otherwise requested and paid for by the Entry Submitter.
11. The official 2016 GHFF trademark and bug are the exclusive property of the GHFF and as such may not be used as a marketing or title card element without the express approval of the GHFF Executive Director. As such, any Film accepted and exhibited during the 2016 Gig Harbor Film Festival has automatic approval for its use only when used to promote the Film in the edited form exhibited during the 2016 GHFF. Films Previewed but NOT shown during the festival may not use the GHFF trademark or bug under any circumstances.
12. GHFF does not grant discounts or waivers on Entry costs or deadlines.
13. Exceptions or waivers to any festival rules must be authorized in writing by the GHFF Executive Director.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Gig Harbor Film Festival (GHFF) is hereby granted the irrevocable right to utilize excerpts from any film submitted and accepted for Exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes in various forms of media, online or mobile formats or social media and in any and all other such formats that exist now or may exist in the future.
Individuals or Corporations submitting any film for consideration hereby warrant that they are legally authorized to commit the film for Previewing and possible Exhibition in the Festival and understand and accepts the requirements and regulations as listed above.
GHFF in no way guarantees the Exhibition of any entry nor its placement in the festival schedule.
Individuals or Corporations submitting any film for consideration shall indemnify and hold harmless Gig Harbor Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the Preview or Screening films entered.