MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Mission of the Gig Harbor Film Festival is to feature independent films that draw on the unifying power of film to promote understanding, tolerance and global awareness.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Gig Harbor Film Festival is one of the fastest growing independent film festivals in the Northwest. Located 40 miles southwest of Seattle Washington. “Welcome to Gig Harbor, Washington’s Maritime City. Grab a kayak or a latte, sip some wine or savor ice cream, put your feet up or slip on your running shoes. Whatever you fancy, we have it in Gig Harbor, named one of Smithsonian Magazine’s Top Five Small towns for culture, heritage and charm. Gig Harbor will offer a warm film friendly welcome.
The Gig Harbor Film Festival, October 16-19, 2014. Our commitment is to educate, entertain and inspire filmmakers and audiences alike while enriching the cultural vitality of the community through the art of cinema.
Please visit www.gigharborfilmfestival.org for additional information or call 253-851-FILM (3456). Accepted films for the 2014 Gig Harbor Film Festival will be presented in the award winning, ten screen digital Galaxy Theatre. Filmmakers and Directors who attend will be featured guests at multiple festival events guaranteeing a memorable experience.
Gig Harbor Film Festival (GHFF)- Gig Harbor, Washington Oct 16-19, 2014 - Submissions Rules
Gig Harbor Film Festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from Gig Harbor Film Festival.
1. Entries must be postmarked by July 2014.
2. Entrants must submit 2 copies, DVD or Blu Ray, as your Preview Copies for consideration.
3. Entry forms and payment will not be processed without an accompanying Preview Copy in one of the accepted formats.
4. All entries must be in English or SUBTITLED unless special arrangements have been made with festival.
5. Please attach/write WAB Tracking ID to/on submission materials.
6. Exceptions to the festival regulations must be authorized by the Festival Executive Director.
7. Please pay attention to the category you submit your film under.
"Short" films must be 45 minutes or less. If a film is submitted to an incorrect category, the balance to the appropriate guideline must be paid.
8. Entries in the Student Film category MUST be accompanied with a copy of a valid student I.D. If you completed the film while you were a student, but are no longer in school, you are still eligible for the student rate (assuming you can provide a copy of your student I.D.).
9. It is not the policy of GHFF to grant any discounts or waivers. We are sympathetic to the financial demands of filmmaking and the festival circuit, but GHFF is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization
The cost of shipping an entry to the festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or C.O.D. shipment will not be accepted. All international entries must be sent "free domicile" to the Festival office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. Any brokerage fees charged to Gig Harbor Film Festival will be billed back to the shipper. Be sure to include all the proper customs documentation required by the shipping company.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Gig Harbor Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Gig Harbor Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.