HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
|LIVE BY THE CREED Filmmaking Challenge: Shorts (6 minutes or less)
|WIN A $10,000 CASH PRIZE!
Create a short film that closely ties to the Assassin's Creed II story, theme, location and action. For your short film submission to qualify to win, we must see a minimum of three of these tenants in your film (listed in no particular order): Assassin/Assassination; Revenge; Hidden blade/hidden weapon; Italy/Italian Renaissance; Unique gadgets/tools; Family; Conspiracy. Your entry will be judged in each category on the originality of your idea, the execution of your entry, the quality of the material and the adherence to above stated tenants and requirements.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The "IFC Medial Lab Studios: Live By the Creed Filmmaking Challenge" Contest provides filmmakers with the opportunity to create and submit a short film that closely ties into the Assassin's Creed II story, theme, location and action.
Grand Prize - $10,000 + a PS3 + a copy of Assassin's Creed II
Two Runners Up - $2,500 + a PS3 + a copy of Assassin's Creed II
Below please find a list of Seven Tenets that closely tie to the Assassin's Creed II story, theme, location and action. For your short film submission to qualify to win, we must see a minimum of three of these tenants in your film (listed in no particular order):
* 1) Assassin/Assassination
* 2) Revenge
* 3) Hidden blade/hidden weapon
* 4) Italy/Italian Renaissance
* 5) Unique gadgets/tools
* 6) Family
* 7) Conspiracy
In addition, below please find a few more thought-starter elements to consider including in your short film to give it an authentic nod to Assassin's Creed II:
* 1) Money/greed
* 2) Leonardo Da Vinci
* 3) Fight/hand-to-hand combat
* 4) Parkour/escape
Your entry will be judged in each category on the originality of your idea, the execution of your entry, the quality of the material and the adherence to above stated tenants and requirements.
Deadline for submissions: November 1st
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Media Lab Studios development executives will periodically call for pitches - in the form of either video submissions and/or written descriptions - in any number of genres, topics, and themes. The mission is to identify and finance great content by great new filmmakers, such as yourself.
Media Lab Studios also offers a multi-platform distribution network, leveraging the IFC channel, IFC.com, Media Lab, IFC Free (On Demand) and a host of TV network and web affiliates.
Speak up and sound off. It's your web.
Make something of it.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older at the time of submission, who reside within the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia. Employees, officers and directors of The Independent Film Channel, LLC and Ubisoft (herein collectively "Sponsors"), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and promotional suppliers, and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
2. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The "IFC Medial Lab Studios: Live By the Creed Filmmaking Challenge" Contest (the "Contest") provides entrants with the opportunity to create and upload a short film that closely ties into the Assassin's Creed II story, theme, location and action. Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on September 8, 2009 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 1, 2009 (the "Contest Period").
3. TO ENTER: To enter, visit www.withoutabox.com and submit your film. After submitting, visit www.ifc.com (the "Website") during the Promotion Period, complete the submission form found on the Contest page, and follow the online instructions to upload and submit your video ("Submission") directly to the Website. All requested information must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Your Submission must be six (6) minutes or less in length according to the clock used by IFC.com's video management system. Qualifying Submissions must include a minimum of three of the following tenants: 1) Assassin/ Assassination; 2) Revenge; 3) Hidden blade/hidden weapon; 4) Italy/ Italian Renaissance; 5) Unique gadgets/tools; 6) Family; 7) Conspiracy. Additional elements for consideration (but not mandatory) include: 1) Money/greed; 2) Leonardo Da Vinci; 3) Fight/hand-to-hand combat; 4) Parkour/escape. Your video will not be considered a Submission until you have received an e-mail confirming receipt. Limit of two Submissions per Entrant. Each Submission that is entered into the Contest must meet the following "Submission Requirements" (any video that, in Sponsors' sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
* Submission must be no more than six (6) minutes in length and under 100MB compressed in size and must be either a Quicktime (.MOV) or Windows Media (.WMV) file;
* Submission must be an original short film with content written by and/ or performed by entrant which is the sole property of entrant, and not published or previously submitted in any other contest. Video may have previously been submitted to Media Lab for consideration, but for consideration in the Contest must be resubmitted under the Contest Website;
* IFC is uncut and uncensored, however Sponsors reserve the right to determine what is considered offensive and inappropriate for the network and to reject or disqualify any Submission deemed inappropriate in its sole discretion. Inappropriate material includes, but is not limited to: unsafe behavior or situations, disparagement or defamation of any product, person or company, racist innuendo, excessive violence, illegal drug or alcohol use, the endorsement of any form of hate or hate group, or other offensive conduct or material; or otherwise include inappropriate content;
* Submission must not violate third-party rights including, but not limited to: copyrights, including music copyrights, trademark; and right of publicity and may not show any third-party trademarks, company names or logos;
* Submission may include other individuals who willingly appear, but entrant must have the permission of each individual and must be able to provide a signed Release Form from each individual upon request;
* Submission must not include information that can be used to personally identify an individual, such as an address, license plate, phone number or email address
* Submission must not violate any law or regulation
* Submission must be of satisfactory quality, in Sponsors' sole discretion (i.e. brightness, focus, volume).
Except as otherwise stated in these Official Rules, personal information collected in connection with this Contest will be used in accordance with the privacy notice found on the Contest Website and with the consent given by an entrant at the time of entry. Any communication or information transmitted to Sponsors and/or the Contest Website by electronic mail or otherwise, is and will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary. Proof of submission is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt of such entry. Furthermore, Sponsors shall have no liability for any Submission that is lost, intercepted or not received by the Sponsor for any reason. All entrants must have a valid e-mail address. In case of dispute as to identity of the winner based on the email address provided, entry will be declared/made by the authorized account holder of the email address, and if a prize is won, it will be awarded to the email account owner who must comply with these Official Rules. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified.
Sponsors reserve the right to approve or reject Submissions that do not adhere to these Official Rules, in their sole discretion.
4. CONTEST JUDGING: At the conclusion of the the Promotion Period all qualified entries will be screened and considered, and then the top ten entries will be judged by a TBD filmmaker, key members of IFC and key members of the Assassin's Creed II development team. This panel will judge entries based on the following criteria: 25% originality of idea; 25% the execution of the Submission; 25% the quality of the material; and 25% the adherence to above stated tenants and requirements. The Submission with the highest score will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. The Submissions with the next two highest scores will be deemed the Runners Up Winners. In the event of a tie the Submission with the highest score in the execution of the submission category will be deemed the winner.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: On or about November 13, 2009, each winner will be notified by telephone, e-mail, and/or mail using the contact information provided. In addition, if Sponsors elect, the announcement will also be posted online at the Website. Sponsors shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. If any winner does not respond within the time required by Sponsors, or if the winner notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to any potential winner, such winner will forfeit his or her prize and, at Sponsors' discretion and time permitting, a runner-up winner may be selected. All Winners will be required to provide a copy of their Contest Submission in one of the following formats: (in order of most preferred to least preferred) DigiBeta, BetaSP, MiniDV, DVD (VHS will not be accepted) along with appropriate Affidavits and Releases and clearances. For any Finalist who is a minor a parent or legal guardian will be required to execute applicable Affidavits and Releases and clearances. All Winners must execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, "Prize Claim Documents"). If a Winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within fourteen (14) days of date of prize notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. If any winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason, such winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor's discretion and time permitting, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.
5. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: $10,000; a PS3; and a copy of Assassin's Creed II. Approximate retail value ("ARV"): $10,500.00. Two (2) Runners Up Prizes: $2,500; a PS3; and a copy of Assassin's Creed II. ARV $3,000.00. Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $16,500.00. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winners will be responsible for the payment of any taxes and other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified as being awarded herein. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or cash equivalent allowed except by Sponsors who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. IFC will air up to three (3) of the winning films at its discretion.
6. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this Contest represents and warrants as follows (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian agrees): (i) the Submission is the entrant's own original, previously unpublished, and previously un-produced work and it has not been submitted into any other contest, although it may have previously been submitted to Media Labs for consideration; (ii) the Submission does not contain any computer virus, is otherwise uncorrupted, is wholly original; (iii) the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous, and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; and (iv) the entrant and/or individuals depicted in the Submission have not engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Contest that may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living things or any property, may or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person, living things or any property, or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortious conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and promotional suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (collectively, "Released Parties") harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges.
7. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each entrant into the Contest hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys without further compensation to winner or entrant unless otherwise prohibited by law (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian agrees) to the Sponsor, and its successors and assigns, an exclusive license in and to the Submission for exploitation throughout the universe by means of any and all media and devices, whether now known or hereafter devised, for a period commencing from the date of each such Submission hereunder and ending twelve (12) months after the completion of the Contest, and thereafter Sponsor is granted a non-exclusive license in and to such Submission for exploitation throughout the universe in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices, whether now known or hereafter devised. Sponsors shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter each Submission for any purpose which Sponsors deem necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that, except as set forth above, such entrant does not reserve any rights in or to the Submission.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between Sponsors and any entrant or the winner of the Contest, each entrant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian agrees) irrevocably grants the Sponsors and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such entrant's name, likeness, biographical information and Submission, in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, any advertising and promotional purposes, and hereby release Sponsors from any liability with respect thereto.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS: Entrants (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree that the Released Parties (a) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of a prize or any Released Party's use of any Submission or the rights granted herein; and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to a prize, including, without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Released Parties assume no responsibility for computer systems, phone lines, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures of any kind, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature or any other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, uploading of Submissions, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the winners, the incorrect uploading of any video, in connection to any Contest-related materials. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Contest, in its entirety or in part should virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes corrupt or impede the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human errors which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest. In the event of termination or cancellation, Sponsors will award the prizes from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received prior to the date of the termination using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website or to be acting in a unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or in violation of these Official Rules, and shall void all associated Submissions. Released Parties are not responsible for Submissions that are garbled, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, lost, misplaced, stolen, delayed destroyed or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and all such Submissions will be disqualified.
10. NO OBLIGATION TO USE: Sponsors shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Submission, or to otherwise exploit any Submission or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsors may at any time abandon the use of any Submission for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
11. FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: If Sponsors shall desire to secure additional assignments, certificates of engagement for the Submission or other documents as Sponsors may reasonably require in order to effectuate the purposes and intents of these Official Rules, then each entrant agrees to sign the same upon Sponsor's request thereof.
12. ANTICIPATED NUMBER OF CONTESTANTS: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Contest, Sponsors cannot accurately predict the number of entrants who will participate in the Contest.
13. WINNERS' INFORMATION: For winners' information, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to Media Lab c/o IFC at 11 Penn Plaza, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10001. Requests must be received by November 13th, 2009.
14. SPONSORS: This contest is sponsored by The Independent Film Channel LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001, and Ubisoft Entertainment, 625 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107.
IFC Medial Lab Studios: Live by the Creed Filmmaking Challenge Abbreviated Rules
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. These abbreviated rules are subject to the complete Official Rules, which are available at www.IFC.com. Contest Entries may be submitted 12:01 AM ET on 9/8/09 through 11/1/09 at 11:59 PM ET. Open to legal residents of the U.S., age 18 or older as of entry date. Void where prohibited by law.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Termination: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, we reserve the right at our sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. We also reserve the right to immediately remove any short film submitted by a person who tampers with the submission process or violates these Terms and Conditions.
You understand that by submitting your short film, others will have the opportunity to view and judge it. You understand and agree that IFC and its partners shall have no liability or responsibility for the actions of any third parties with respect to your short film, including, without limitation, copyright infringement, idea theft or disparagement.
You agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participation in the Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief or to enjoin or restrain the use of Contest of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith or any other use thereof.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, your rights and obligations, or our rights and obligations in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of New York. If any provision of these terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid in any context or to any extent, it shall nevertheless be enforced to the fullest extent allowed by law in that and other contexts, and the validity and force of the remainder of these terms shall not be affected thereby.