SERVICES COMING SOON • This event has recently updated its Call
For Entries. Add it to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified when submissions open on 31-Mar-2017.
|Any original work of fiction 41 minutes or longer. Narrative feature films may be foreign or domestic.
|Any non-fiction feature length film 41 minutes or longer. Documentary feature films may be foreign or domestic.
|Any Narrative or Documentary film 40 minutes or less. NIFF programs short films in themed packages. We may also screen a short film before a Narrative or Documentary feature.
|The Florida Films category is intended to celebrate, encourage and support the production of films in the state of Florida. Documentary Feature, Narrative Feature or Short films with partial or principal photography in Florida may submit in the Florida Films category. Any film submitted to this category must state what part of Florida their film is associated with.
|Young Filmmaker Showcase
|Student filmmakers from the Collier and Lee counties, Florida are invited to submit a short film completed any time after January 1, 2016. Filmmakers currently enrolled in grades K-12 (in March 2017) may submit a film as an individual or in groups. Submissions must have a running time of 10 minutes or less (including credits). Films of all genres are accepted (documentary, narrative, animation, experimental, domestic or foreign films).
There is no submission fee or premiere requirement for this category. Limit 2 entries per student.
Films submitted in the Young Filmmaker Showcase category must be works written, directed, and shot by high school, middle school or elementary school students. This category is not for university or college filmmakers. Adult supervision is limited to advisory capacity.
Please include or email a copy of your Student ID (if possible) with your submission. Name of school in which student is currently enrolled must accompany submission.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
MISSION: Naples International Film Festival celebrates independent film and filmmakers in an intimate festival setting that enhances the cultural and artistic life of our community.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The 9th annual Naples International Film Festival (NIFF) will be held October 26-29, 2017 in Naples, Florida.
The Naples International Film Festival is a place for film lovers to connect, exchange ideas and celebrate the art of film in a friendly, welcoming environment.
NIFF presents a carefully curated program of approximately 50 domestic and international narrative, documentary and short films from established and emerging filmmakers. The opening night film & party takes place at the glamorous Artis—Naples, and competition films screen at the Silverspot Cinema, a luxury boutique theater with state-of-the-art digital projection & sound. Our community is passionate about film, and Silverspot's intimate theaters create a relaxed environment where filmmakers and audiences can truly connect.
We strongly encourage filmmakers to attend the festival, where they will find a warm welcome from our friendly staff, dedicated volunteers and enthusiastic community. We intentionally keep our program small, which allows us to pay detailed attention to each and every film in the festival. Filmmakers are invited to participate in everything from our exclusive filmmakers welcome dinner to the opening night festivities and more.
We hope that filmmakers will make lasting relationships during their time in Naples. NIFF fosters a spirit of camaraderie among visiting filmmakers, whether relaxing in the filmmaker lounge, attending each other’s screenings or sitting on a panel together. We strive to build long-lasting relationships with our NIFF alumni and make a point to stay in touch long after the festival weekend has ended. It’s gratifying to watch careers and projects develop and we always welcome the chance to consider new work from our alumni.
Filmmakers are at the heart of everything we do. When you share your film with us, you will be treated with respect throughout every stage of the submissions process. Your emails will be returned, your questions answered and a real, live person will (usually) answer the phone.
Thank you for your interest in the Naples International Film Festival. We wish you all the best with your film!
David Filner (Vice President, Artistic Operations); Shannon Franklin (Festival Producer)
CALL FOR ENTRIES 2017
1. RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS
A. Films must have been completed after January 1, 2016.
B. All films must be available to screen during the Naples International Film Festival, October 26-29, 2017.
C. Films must not have screened theatrically in Florida or be widely available in the U.S. for video, Internet or television distribution prior to October 26-29, 2017. Short films may have screened online.
Films must not have shown publicly in Collier or Lee Counties prior to screening at the Naples International Film Festival, October 26-29, 2017. This rule does not apply to the Young Filmmaker Showcase category.
The Festival reserves the right to make exceptions to these rules.
If you are unsure if your film is eligible for festival consideration, please check with us before entering your film by emailing NIFF@artisnaples.org. Refunds will not be issued once a film is submitted.
D. The Naples International Film Festival will not consider trailers or rough cuts for selection purposes.
E. All films must be in their original language with English subtitles, when applicable.
F. All films must be submitted through withoutabox.com. Entries must be received by July 7, 2017. The Festival is not obligated to view late entries.
The Festival accepts secure online screeners through Withoutabox, Vimeo and YouTube. The Naples International Film Festival no longer accepts DVD screeners for submissions.
G. Films will be selected and entrants will be notified via email by October 9, 2017. All correspondence will be done by email; please do not call the office.
H. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide individualized feedback to filmmakers.
I. Any exceptions to the submission rules must be approved by one of the Festival Organizers.
2. REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED FILMS
A. Filmmakers must provide the Naples International Film Festival with a clean, clear print for exhibition in one of our accepted formats, per category rules. Narrative and Documentary Features screen on DCP (strongly preferred) or Blu-ray. All films screening on DCP, must have a Blu-ray back-up. All films screening on Blu-ray must send 2 copies. For Short Films, acceptable exhibition formats are DCP, .MPG (MPEG or MPEG2) or .MOV (Quicktime) files. We do not accept HDCAM or Betacam.
B. Upon acceptance, the Naples International Film Festival may request additional press kits, promotional materials and press screeners for each film.
C. Participants agree that all materials related to their film may be used in Festival publications, website and other promotional materials or property and in all media. Posters and images of the film may be used independently as well as in combination with images from other films to promote the film and the Naples International Film Festival.
D. Upon acceptance, filmmaker must provide high-resolution digital photographs, synopsis, credits, poster and copy of film trailer (if applicable).
E. If selected, filmmakers authorize the Naples International Film Festival to show up to three (3) theatrical screenings during the 2017 Naples International Film Festival. Film scheduling is at the discretion of the Festival. The Festival retains the right to make changes to the published schedule at any time and for any reason.
F. If selected, Participants give permission for film's inclusion and additional screening as part of "Best of Fest," or "Festival Choice," which may take place during the festival or shortly after.
G. The Naples International Film Festival holds no responsibility for films damaged upon arrival. The Festival will insure the safety of films from the time of delivery to the Festival through the time the print is delivered to a shipping agent for return.
H. Filmmakers are responsible for the cost of shipping the exhibition materials to the Naples International Film Festival. All international entries must be sent with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. In most cases, NIFF will pay the cost of outbound shipping of the print to its next destination. However, the Festival will not be responsible for unnecessary expedited or overnight shipping charges to other destinations, nor will it pay international shipping on U.S. films, unless pre-arranged with the Naples International Film Festival prior to October 15, 2017.
Please request/obtain confirmation of delivery through the courier tracking service.
The Festival reserves the right to make exceptions to the above rules at its sole discretion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. I, the representative of the film being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the film submitted for consideration for the Naples International Film Festival (the "Festival"):
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the exploitation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Festival with any affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, creative advisers and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me.
6. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida and conclusively determined by arbitration or some other method of alternative dispute resolution selected by the Naples International Film Festival. If I refuse to submit the matter to alternative dispute resolution, or to participate in good faith in alternative dispute resolution, costs and attorney's fees incurred by NIFF shall be paid by the me. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
7. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles or the film in its entirety without recourse to the owner, producer, director, or any other party asserting ownership rights of the submitted film and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information . I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Film and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
8. By clicking "I Agree" below, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Festival.