OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Any original work of fiction over 41 minutes.
|Any non-fiction feature length film over 41 minutes.
|Any Narrative or Documentary film 40 minutes or less. NIFF programs short films in themed packages. We may also screen a short film before a Narrative or Documentary feature.
|The Florida Films category is intended to celebrate, encourage and support the production of films in the state of Florida. Documentary Feature, Narrative Feature or Short films with principal photography in Florida may submit in the Florida Films category.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The mission of the Naples International Film Festival is to celebrate independent film and filmmakers in an intimate festival setting that enhances the cultural and artistic life of our community.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Naples International Film Festival (NIFF) is a place for film lovers to connect, exchange ideas and celebrate the art of film in a friendly, welcoming environment.
NIFF presents a carefully curated program of approximately 50 narrative, documentary and short films. The opening night gala takes place at the glamorous Artis—Naples performing arts center, and competition films screen at the Silverspot Cinema, a luxury boutique theater with state-of-the-art digital projection & sound. Our community is passionate about film, and Silverspot's intimate theaters create a relaxed environment where filmmakers can truly connect with our audiences.
We strongly encourage filmmakers to attend the festival, where they will find a warm welcome from our friendly staff, dedicated volunteers and enthusiastic community. We intentionally keep our program small, which allows us to pay detailed attention to each and every film in the festival. NIFF offers a generous hospitality package, which includes our complimentary concierge travel planning service. Filmmakers are invited to participate in everything from our exclusive director's dinner to the opening night festivities and more.
We hope that filmmakers will make lasting relationships during their time in Naples. NIFF fosters a spirit of camaraderie among visiting filmmakers, whether relaxing in the filmmaker lounge, attending each other’s screenings or sitting on a panel together. We strive to build long-lasting relationships with our NIFF alumni and make a point to stay in touch long after the festival weekend has ended. It’s gratifying to watch careers and projects develop and we always welcome the chance to consider new work from our alumni.
Naples is a sophisticated resort community nestled along Florida’s beautiful Paradise Coast on the Gulf of Mexico. Beyond the beach, Naples is known for its love of the arts and a generous philanthropic spirit. People from all over the world choose to spend time in Naples for its special mix of low-key luxury, natural beauty and unique cultural experiences.
NIFF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and filmmakers are at the heart of everything we do. When you share your film with us, you will be treated with respect throughout every stage of the submissions process. Your emails will be returned, your questions answered and a real, live person will (usually) answer the phone.
Thank you for your interest in the Naples International Film Festival. We wish you all the best with your film!
Ellen Goldberg (Program Director)
; Shannon Franklin (Executive & Artistic Director)
1. RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS
A. Films must have completed production within the past two years.
B. All films must be available to screen by October 29, 2015.
C. Films must not have screened theatrically in Florida or be widely available in the U.S. for video, Internet or television distribution prior to November 5, 2015. Short films may have screened online.
Films must not have shown publicly in Collier or Lee Counties prior to screening at the Naples International Film Festival, November 5-8, 2015.
If you are unsure if your film is eligible for festival consideration, please check with us before entering your film by emailing email@example.com. Refunds will not be issued once a film is submitted.
D. The Naples International Film Festival will not consider trailers or rough cuts for selection purposes.
E. All films must be in their original language with English subtitles, when applicable.
F. Entries must be received in the Festival office by July 17, 2015.
The Festival is not obligated to view late entries. The Festival strongly prefers online screeners through Withoutabox. If an online preview copy is not available, you may submit on DVD. To submit on DVD, send 2 DVD copies (NTSC only) to:
Naples International Film Festival
2338 Immokalee Road
Naples, FL 34110-1445
G. Films will be selected and entrants will be notified via email by October 15, 2015. All correspondence will be done by email; please do not call the office.
H. Any exceptions to the submission rules must be approved by one of the Festival Directors.
2. REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED FILMS
A. Filmmakers must provide the Naples International Film Festival with a clean, clear print for exhibition in one of our accepted formats, per category rules. Narrative and Documentary Features screen on DCP or Blu-ray. All films screening on DCP, must have a Blu-ray back-up. For Short Films, acceptable exhibition formats are DCP, Blu-ray, DVD, .MPG (MPEG or MPEG2) or .MOV (Quicktime) files. We do not accept HDCAM or Betacam.
B. Upon acceptance, the Naples International Film Festival may request additional press kits, promotional materials and press screeners for each film.
C. Participants agree that all materials related to their film may be used in Festival publications, website and other promotional materials or property and in all media. Posters and images of the film may be used independently as well as in combination with images from other films to promote the film and the Naples International Film Festival.
D. Upon acceptance, filmmaker must provide high-resolution digital photographs, synopsis, credits, poster and copy of film trailer (if applicable).
E. If selected, filmmakers authorize the Naples International Film Festival to show up to three (3) theatrical screenings during the 2015 Naples International Film Festival. Film scheduling is at the discretion of the Festival. The Festival retains the right to make changes to the published schedule at any time and for any reason.
F. If selected, Participants give permission for film's inclusion and additional screening as part of "Best of Fest," or "Festival Choice," which may take place during the festival or shortly after.
G. The Naples International Film Festival holds no responsibility for films damaged upon arrival. The Festival will insure the safety of films from the time of delivery to the Festival through the time the print is delivered to a shipping agent for return.
The Festival reserves the right to make exceptions to the above rules at its sole discretion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. I, the representative of the film being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the film submitted for consideration for the Naples International Film Festival (the "Festival"):
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the exploitation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Festival with any affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, creative advisers and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me.
6. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida and conclusively determined by arbitration or some other method of alternative dispute resolution selected by the Naples International Film Festival. If I refuse to submit the matter to alternative dispute resolution, or to participate in good faith in alternative dispute resolution, costs and attorney's fees incurred by NIFF shall be paid by the me. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
7. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles or the film in its entirety without recourse to the owner, producer, director, or any other party asserting ownership rights of the submitted film and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information . I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Film and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
8. By clicking "I Agree" below, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Festival.