SERVICES COMING SOON • This event has recently updated its Call
For Entries. Add it to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified when submissions open on 17-Mar-2014.
|Full Length Features
|Any original work of fiction at least 40 minutes.
|Any non-fiction film of at least 40 minutes.
|Any narrative or documentary film 40 minutes or less.
|The Florida Films category is intended to celebrate, encourage and support the production of films in the state of Florida. Documentary Feature, Narrative Feature or Short films with principal photography in Florida may submit in the Florida Film category. **Florida Films may not have shown publically in Collier or Lee Counties prior to the festival.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The mission of the Naples International Film Festival is to celebrate independent film and filmmakers with a boutique film festival that advances the cultural, educational and economic interests of our community.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Naples International Film Festival (NIFF) is the signature film event in Southwest Florida. NIFF is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.
NIFF's opening night gala is held at the glamorous Naples Philharmonic Center for the Arts. Competition films screen at the Silverspot Luxury Cinema. Silverspot's intimate setting allows filmmakers to interact with each other and the audiences in a luxurious yet casual setting. NIFF includes panel discussions, Q&A sessions after screenings and an awards ceremony.
Filmmakers are invited to attend the festival, where they will be welcomed by our friendly staff, dedicated volunteers and enthusiastic community. All visiting filmmakers are treated like VIPs and encouraged to participate in festival events such as the director's dinner, special screenings and to relax in the filmmaker's lounge.
Located right on the beautiful Gulf coast, NIFF celebrates film and filmmakers against the gorgeous backdrop of white-sand beaches and warm breezes. In addition to its natural beauty, Naples also embraces the arts with more than 35 galleries, five museums, a symphony and both a community and equity theater.
NIFF opened its inaugural festival in 2009 with the Academy Award-winning documentary, THE COVE. In 2010, NIFF presented a "Spotlight on the Arts" to honor the visual and performing arts in film. In 2011, NIFF celebrated the art of independent filmmaking with a slate of films that were made through the vision and determination of those filmmakers who do it all -direct, produce, write, edit, act.... and whatever else is needed to get the project made. 2012 brought a spotlight on both women filmmakers and Florida filmmaking.
Ellen Goldberg (Program Director)
; Shannon Franklin (Executive Director)
1. RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS
A. Entrants must submit two (2) copies of the film in DVD format (NTSC, Region 0 or 1) for consideration. NIFF will not consider trailers or rough edits for selection purposes.
B. Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for consideration, all films must meet the following requirements:
a. Be in their original language with English subtitles when applicable.
b. Entries must be received by (NOT postmarked), by July 14, 2014.
C. Deadlines: Final submission deadline is July 12, 2014. The Festival is not obligated to view late entries.
D. Send all submissions to:
Naples International Film Festival
2338 Immokalee Rd.
Naples FL 34110-1445
U S A
Phone: (239) 775-3456
The cost of shipping an entry to the festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or C.O.D. shipment will not be accepted. All international entries must be sent "free domicile" to the Festival office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. Any brokerage fees charged to NIFF will be billed back to the shipper. Be sure to include all the proper customs documentation required by the shipping company. NIFF accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from NIFF.
a. Include a printed copy of your completed Entry Form.
b. Send two (2) clearly marked DVD (NTSC) copies of your completed film. Your DVD must be labeled with Without a Box submission number, film title, film contact information and running time. Please mark this directly onto the DVD in case it becomes separated from the case. We cannot return submitted copies of films.
c. Students must include proof of student status with the submission (i.e. copy of current and valid student I.D.).
2. Films will be selected and entrants will be notified via email by October 15, 2014 All correspondence will be done by email; please do not call the office.
3. Upon acceptance, NIFF may request additional press kits, promotional materials and press screeners for each film.
4. Promotional Usage: Participants agree that all materials related to their film may be used in Festival publications, Web site and other promotional materials or property and in all media. Posters and images of the film may be used independently as well as in combination with images from other films to promote the film and NIFF.
5. If selected, filmmakers authorize Naples International Film Festival (NIFF) to show up to three (3) theatrical screenings during the 2014Naples International Film Festival.
6. If selected, Participants give permission for film's inclusion and additional screening as part of "Best of Fest," or "Festival Choice" which may take place during the festival or shortly after.
7. Entry fee must be received in its entirety before a film will be considered for the festival.
8. Exceptions to the festival rules and regulations must be authorized by one of the Festival Directors.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. I, the representative of the film being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the film submitted for consideration for the Naples International Film Festival (the "Festival"):
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the exploitation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Festival with any affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, creative advisers and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me.
6. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida and conclusively determined by arbitration or some other method of alternative dispute resolution selected by the Naples International Film Festival. If I refuse to submit the matter to alternative dispute resolution, or to participate in good faith in alternative dispute resolution, costs and attorney's fees incurred by NIFF shall be paid by the me. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
7. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles or the film in its entirety without recourse to the owner, producer,director, or any other party asserting ownership rights of the submitted film and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information . I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Film and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
8. By clicking "I Agree" below, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Festival.