DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
|Any original work of fiction over 41 minutes.
|Any non-fiction feature length film over 41 minutes.
|Any Narrative or Documentary film 40 minutes or less. NIFF programs short films in themed packages. We may also screen a short film before a Narrative or Documentary feature.
|The Florida Films category is intended to celebrate, encourage and support the production of films in the state of Florida. Documentary Feature, Narrative Feature or Short films with principal photography in Florida may submit in the Florida Films category.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
MISSION: Naples International Film Festival celebrates independent film and filmmakers in an intimate festival setting that enhances the cultural and artistic life of our community.
OBJECTIVE: The Festival will showcase the best of American and international cinema, presenting a unique combination of visionary artists, socially conscious filmmakers, and master storytellers.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The state of the art Silverspot Theater in Naples, Florida will host the Festival, presenting a number of narratives and documentaries, shorts and features, to enthusiastic audiences across the region. Sections will include the following:
• Narrative Competition – A collection of American independent films
• Documentary Competition – A collection of non-fiction features
• Cause Cinema Spotlight – Social impact projects will be highlighted from both narrative and documentary sections, providing audiences with an opportunity to get involved in related causes.
• Panorama – A selection of award-winning films from around the world
• Short Film Program – A series of short form content, including: narrative, documentary, student and animation
Visiting filmmakers will be treated with world-class hospitality, from the time they land in Florida to their hotel accommodations, from the Opening Night Gala to the Closing Night Gala, and the Happy Hours and Brunches in between. Now celebrating their 8th year, NIFF has firmly established itself as a top regional film festival, known for creating a memorable experience for visiting filmmakers.
While we understand filmmakers don’t make movies to win awards, but we all know there is value is being recognized for your work. The Festival will have a number of Jury and Audience Awards.
The Festival has been host to many notable films and filmmakers over the past years. Included in that list are Louie Psihoyos' The Cove which won the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature; The Phone Call, Academy Award for Best Short Film (Live Action); Bear Story Academy Award for Best Short Film (Animation); Academy Award Winning Director Luke Matheny; Actor, Writer & Producer Vincent Donofrio; Academy Award Winning Actress Brie Larsen, to name just a few.
NOTE-IMPORTANT: All of the above subject to change without prior notice.
Christina Jordan (Festival Coordinator); Jon Fitzgerald (Festival Director)
1. RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS
A. Films must have completed production within the past two years.
B. All films must be available to screen by October 27, 2016.
C. Films must not have screened theatrically in Florida or be widely available in the U.S. for video, Internet or television distribution prior to October 27, 2016. Short films may have screened online.
Films must not have shown publicly in Collier or Lee Counties prior to screening at the Naples International Film Festival, October 27-30, 2016.
If you are unsure if your film is eligible for festival consideration, please check with us before entering your film by emailing email@example.com. Refunds will not be issued once a film is submitted.
D. The Naples International Film Festival will not consider trailers or rough cuts for selection purposes.
E. All films must be in their original language with English subtitles, when applicable.
F. Entries must be received in the Festival office by July 17, 2016.
The Festival is not obligated to view late entries. The Festival strongly prefers online screeners through Withoutabox. If an online preview copy is not available, you may submit on DVD. To submit on DVD, send 2 DVD copies (NTSC only) to:
Naples International Film Festival
2338 Immokalee Road
Naples, FL 34110-1445
G. Films will be selected and entrants will be notified via email by October 15, 2015. All correspondence will be done by email; please do not call the office.
H. Any exceptions to the submission rules must be approved by one of the Festival Directors.
2. REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED FILMS
A. Filmmakers must provide the Naples International Film Festival with a clean, clear print for exhibition in one of our accepted formats, per category rules. Narrative and Documentary Features screen on DCP or Blu-ray. All films screening on DCP, must have a Blu-ray back-up. For Short Films, acceptable exhibition formats are DCP, Blu-ray, DVD, .MPG (MPEG or MPEG2) or .MOV (Quicktime) files. We do not accept HDCAM or Betacam.
B. Upon acceptance, the Naples International Film Festival may request additional press kits, promotional materials and press screeners for each film.
C. Participants agree that all materials related to their film may be used in Festival publications, website and other promotional materials or property and in all media. Posters and images of the film may be used independently as well as in combination with images from other films to promote the film and the Naples International Film Festival.
D. Upon acceptance, filmmaker must provide high-resolution digital photographs, synopsis, credits, poster and copy of film trailer (if applicable).
E. If selected, filmmakers authorize the Naples International Film Festival to show up to three (3) theatrical screenings during the 2015 Naples International Film Festival. Film scheduling is at the discretion of the Festival. The Festival retains the right to make changes to the published schedule at any time and for any reason.
F. If selected, Participants give permission for film's inclusion and additional screening as part of "Best of Fest," or "Festival Choice," which may take place during the festival or shortly after.
G. The Naples International Film Festival holds no responsibility for films damaged upon arrival. The Festival will ensure the safety of films from the time of delivery to the Festival through the time the print is delivered to a shipping agent for return.
The Festival reserves the right to make exceptions to the above rules at its sole discretion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. I, the representative of the film being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the film submitted for consideration for the Naples International Film Festival (the "Festival"):
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the exploitation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Festival with any affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, creative advisers and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me.
6. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida and conclusively determined by arbitration or some other method of alternative dispute resolution selected by the Naples International Film Festival. If I refuse to submit the matter to alternative dispute resolution, or to participate in good faith in alternative dispute resolution, costs and attorney's fees incurred by NIFF shall be paid by the me. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
7. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles or the film in its entirety without recourse to the owner, producer, director, or any other party asserting ownership rights of the submitted film and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information . I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Film and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
8. By clicking "I Agree" below, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Festival.