DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
|Feature Films include any genre that runs 50 minutes or longer.
|Non-fiction films over 50 minutes.
|Experimental/Avant Garde Feature
|Experimental & avant-garde films over 50 minutes and under 90 minutes.
|Any Short Film, Animation, Documentary or Experimental/Avant Garde film under 30 minutes will be accepted.
|Minnesota Made (Any length)
|The Minnesota Made category is for any music video, animation, feature, short, or documentary film, with a combined 50% or more of production and postproduction that took place in Minnesota. These films are exempt from the submission fees (excluding the "Late" & "WAB Extended" deadlines).
|Music Videos for any genre of music, may be submitted by filmmakers, bands or labels.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Minneapolis Underground Film Festival brings to light independent underground filmmakers fromcacross the world and their buried gems. Our mission is to promote their films, entertain our audiences and inspire filmmakers to create new, exciting and original work well into the future.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Minneapolis Underground Film Festival - MUFF is hosted and sponsored by the Film Society of Minneapolis and St. Paul. We utilize state of the art screening facilities at the St. Anthony Main Theater in Minneapolis to showcase independent cinema’s most provocative and original new work. We strongly encourage all filmmakers to be on hand for an audience Q&A after their screenings. Filmmakers can also continue their Q&A in our cinema lounge after their screening and interact with audience members from around the world.
Films that are selected for theater exhibition will be awarded Official Selection laurels. All official selections, except music videos will be in competition for awards. Those films that are not chosen for theater exhibition may still be selected for online and TV screenings during and after the festival. Those films will be awarded an Online Selection laurel.
Awards include: Best Feature, Best Documentary, Best Experimental, Best Short Film, Best Editing, Best Cinematography, Best Soundtrack, Largest Audience and Audience Choice Awards. All award winning films will receive waived fees for future entries and will also receive official winning laurels.
Greg Yolen (Festival Registrar); Greg Yolen (Festival Registrar); Greg Yolen (Festival Registrar); Greg Yolen (Festival Registrar); Greg Yolen (Festival Registrar); Mark Hanson (Director)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2015 FESTIVAL:
1) Films completed after January 1, 2011 are eligible for consideration for the 2014 Festival.
2) Submissions must not have been made publicly available in their entirety online before their date of exhibition in the Festival.
3) Foreign language (non-English) submissions must be available in their original language and soundtrack with English subtitles.
4) Films that have been submitted for consideration in previous years are eligible for submission for 2015 Festival consideration only if they reapply as a new submission.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FILMS SELECTED FOR THEATRICAL EXHIBITION.
FEATURE FILM, DOCUMENTARY FEATURE & EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE:
1) Must be available for exhibition in one of the following formats: DCP (preferred), DVD, or Blu-ray.
2) Six additional DVD screeners must be immediately sent to the Festival’s offices for press requests.
3) Exhibition copies must be delivered to the Festival office by August 25, 2014.
MUSIC VIDEOS, ANIMATIONS & SHORT FILMS:
1.) Must be available in low compression/high quality ProRes or H.264.
2.) DVD back must be shipped to festival.
3.e) Files must be sent to the Festival immediately upon notification of acceptance on a flash drive, Data DVD, or be made available for download. The Festival does not provide an FTP site for file transfer.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FILMS SELECTED FOR PUBLIC ACCESS TV EXHIBITION.
FOR ALL FILMS:
1. Must be available in low compression/high quality ProRes or H.264.
2. Must be available as a youtube or vimeo link. Can be sent as a private link but must be made public during the festival.
3. File & link must be sent to the Festival immediately upon notification of acceptance on a flash drive, DVD, or be made available for download. The Festival does not provide an FTP site for file transfer.
1) An Electronic Press Kit with high-resolution production stills, film clips, trailers, official synopsis, and filmmaker bios, along with hard copies & digital copies of promotional postcards and posters should be sent to the Festivals offices for marketing purposes.
2) Exhibition Copy Shipment: Cost of shipping exhibition prints to the festival is the responsibility of the entrant. The film must be shipped prepaid, and properly packaged. The Festival does not assume liability for lost or damage to prints due to improper packaging or other reasons. The entrant or the recipient must pay additional charges for return shipping or transshipments to film festivals. Exhibition copies will be promptly returned if prepaid envelope is included with shipment.
3) Ship to Mailing Address:
Minneapolis Underground Film Festival
3508 Clinton Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55408
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting a film to the Minneapolis Underground Film Festival (MUFF) you acknowledge that you have sole & exclusive ownership of
all rights and have full authority to submit the film. MUFF will handle prints with a maximum of care but cannot be held liable for any damage
or loss during shipping or thereafter. It is the sole responsibility of the filmmaker (entrant) to reship any lost or damaged material. The Minneapolis Underground Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, litigation, trademark, credits or royalty infringement, etc. related to any work.