DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Idyllwild International Festival Of Cinema is dedicated to showcasing emerging film talent and independent films. Our goal is to provide a forum where emerging filmmakers can connect with industry professionals during the week of the festival.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The greatest little film festival on Earth. Touted as the next Sundance, Idyllwild International Festival Of Cinema brings all the elements that make bigger festivals so amazing, yet stays true to its credo: "No film is too small." Held every year in January, the festival is the pride of Idyllwild California, also home of the world famous Idyllwild Jazz In The Pines festival. Idyllwild is just two hours east of Los Angeles. An Alpine Village providing the perfect setting for a winter film festival. Distributors, stars, filmmakers and film movers and shakers, all sing the praises of the greatest little film festival on Earth. The Idyllwild Independent Festival Of Cinema. Many of 2015's Idyllwild winners went on to big distribution deals and awards and at world renowned festivals world wide. Don't miss Idyllwild 2016.
Stephen Savage (Director); Trinity Houston (Chief Administrator)
The Idyllwild Independent Festival Of Cinema accepts only completed films, and only films completed after January 1, 2013. All submissions must be done digitally along with payment. Directors and cast members are strongly encouraged to attend the festival, and to promote their film.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION: Your work must have a completed production date no earlier than January 1, 2013. Your work may have a distribution deal, but cannot have been released to the public, either theatrically, DVD release, or via Netﬂix, iTunes, or any other on line streaming service. Exceptions will be made for web series and music videos. Your work need not be a world premiere. Ofﬁcial selection announcements will begin December 1, 2015. Screening schedule will be available on the Idyllwild 2015 web site no later than December 10, 2015.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IDYLLWILD INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF CINEMA SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES
Films may only be submitted digitally. Link and Password to fully finished, full resolution project (.mov file) must be provided at time of submission. Links and passwords must remain active until January 10, 2016.
We do not accept unfinished works. What you submit is what will be screened if accepted.
Deadline fees will be strictly observed. ALL FEES MUST BE PAID before your project will be considered.
Online submission form must be completed in full.
Your completed entry and selection automatically allows IIFC full rights and licensing to utilize your project’s title, cast and crew info, screen grabs, art work, etc., for promotional uses world wide.
Student film entries must include full information of filmmaker’s educational institute at time of project’s completion, and a letter of introduction of the filmmaker from an educator associated with said institution as well as a copy of an ID.
1. IIFC is open to U.S. and Foreign films in fifteen categories:
Feature Films (over 60min)
Short Films (under 15min)
Documentary - Features (over 60min)
Documentary - Featurettes (15min-60min)
Documentary - Shorts (Under 15min)
Student Films - under 18 (Under 15 min)
Student Films - age 18-22 (All lengths)
Foreign - Features (over 60min)
Foreign - Featurettes (15min-60min)
Foreign - Shorts (Under 15min)
Animations (All lengths)
2. To be eligible, an entry must have been completed in 2013, 2014 or 2015. All film entries must be submitted online to be considered for selection. (Please, NTSC ONLY. NO PAL or SECAM!)
3. Films which have been broadcast on TV or cable or have had theatrical release prior to IIFC, are not eligible for any competition but may be considered for screening during the festival at the discretion of the festival director.
4. Non-English language produced films must be dubbed in English or contain English subtitles.
5. Unless IIFC is instructed otherwise, all film entries will be considered for the Jury Award and Audience Award competition(s).
6. All entry fees are non-refundable.
7. All entries and supporting materials for all deadlines must arrive on or before October 15, 2015..
8. The title of the work, name of entrant, email and correct return address must be included with all promotional materials, posters, digital media and mailing containers. All photos or posters provided (except those submitted digitally) must be clearly identified on the back. Photos and posters will not be returned & may be used for festival promotions. However, materials may be retrieved by filmmakers or representatives after final screening of the project. One digital photo will be required for all projects.
9. Student Film submissions must provide (via email) a clearly legible scanned copy of the filmmaker’s current high school or college/film school student identification card, as well as a letter of endorsement from one adult educator or guidance counselor. This material must be postmarked no later than October 15, 2015 for student projects to be considered for acceptance.
Idyllwild International Festival of Cinema
PO Box 1890
Idyllwild, CA 92549
10. Student Films must ensure your high school (or lower grade) or college is noted in the cover letter and/or in the appropriate section of your entry on FilmFreeway or the IIFC website.
11. Selected film entries will be notified no later than November 15, 2015 via email and posting on our website.
12. All entrants grant IIFC the right to use an excerpt from any accepted film (not exceeding 3 minutes) for promotional purposes in any and all media, including the festival website.
13. Jury Award winners will be selected from the highest rated films that went through a screening process. The Jury Award winners are selected by a panel of active film industry professionals. Winners agree to participate in the publicity for the Festival as well as other promotional events, including the website. The determination of the winners is final.
14. Filmmakers attending the festival are responsible for travel, lodging and all other expenses.
15. Filmmakers accepted into the IIFC will be entitled to the following:
• Two Filmmaker Badges granting access to all films, panels and seminars.
• Entrance to Opening Night Gala
• Entrance to All parties
• Entrance to Director’s Breakfast - Price of breakfast not included.
• Entrance to all Industry Networking Events, Etc.
• General Entrance to Awards Dinner - Price of dinner not included, however, nominated filmmakers will be afforded a discount.
You will have the opportunity to purchase discounted passes and tickets in advance for additional filmmakers, crew, and actors attending the festival with your film.
16. The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival.
17. For exhibition, all films must be formatted for projection at standard 4.3 or 16:9 widescreen, 1080i.
18. Participation in the Idyllwild International Festival Of Cinema implies understanding and acceptance of all terms included in this application. By submitting your entry, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the General Rules, and to the Terms and Conditions listed.