OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Feature and Colorado Filmmaker-Feature.
45 to 120 min
|Documentary or Colorado Filmmaker-Documentary
45 to 120 minutes
|Short theatrical films including Colorado Filmmaker-Short.
Up to 44 minutes
|A young filmmaker is anyone under 23 as of April 25, 2016.
|Under 45 Minutes
|For animated films - any length up to 120 minutes.
|Music Video - up to 20 min.
|Webisodes are audiovisual works to be distributed via the Internet. Up to 44 minutes.
|SF & Horror
|Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror
Up to 120 minutes.
|Your call on this one.
Up to 120 minutes
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Provide an inclusive film event that features the world-class talents of members of the Colorado film industry while acknowledging good filmmaking wherever it originates, thereby continuing to raise the bar. We also endeavor to support, encourage and recognize emerging young filmmakers.
Our Purpose: (From the Bylaws)
a. To help promote the art of filmmaking to the residents residing in the State of Colorado.
b. To conduct activities to achieve charitable and educational bjectives within the State of Colorado, including: providing services such as film festivals, student outreach, workshops, showcases and lectures, and community education regarding the film industry in Colorado.
c. In fulfilling this purpose, the Intendence Film Festival supports or conducts such other or further activities that may be desirable to promote the arts and to do and engage in any lawful activities that further or are consistent with the preceding objects and purposes of the Intendence Film Festival.
The Intendence Film Festival Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
IFF is a community-focused experience held in late June at the Open Media Foundation in the heart of Denver’s Santa Fe Arts District. Our absolute desire is to engender a festive atmosphere where both filmmakers and the film-viewing public can connect, communicate, and have a remarkable time.
As actors and filmmakers who have chosen to live in Colorado, we are inspired to highlight the extraordinary skills of local writers, producers, filmmakers, and artistic talent while attracting first-rate storytellers from all over the world. The very best of their film submissions are selected by a team of experienced judges and screened during the Festival.
Casey Elliott; Melanie Gladden; Robert Webb (ExecutiveDirector)
The Intendence Film Festival (IFF)
Feature: (45 to 120 minutes)
Short: (up to 44 minutes)
Documentary: (45 to 120 minutes)
Documentary - Short: (up to 44 minutes)
Student/Young Filmmaker*: (Any length)
Animation: (Any length)
Music Video: (2 to 21 minutes)
Webisode: (up to 45 minutes)
SF & Horror: (4 to 120 minutes)
Art-Experimental: (up to 120 minutes)
* You must be under 23 as of May 20, 2015
** You must reside in Colorado or have produced the film in Colorado
FIRST STEP: Via WAB
- Register and qualify your project via WAB (including payment).
- Once you have completed the WAB inputs and qualified your submittal, you will get a tracking I.D. Be sure to put this tracking I.D. on ALL material sent directly to the IFF, container, envelope and disk or digital source. Recommend file names include tracking number.
- WAB will identify items that need to be sent directly to Intendence and will provide the shipping address and instructions.
SECOND STEP: Direct to the IFF
- Either 1) two copies of the submission (to the address provided) on DVD or Blu-Ray, 2) electronic file (.mov or mp4) via internet or on media through the mail, or 3) via WAB upload.*
- A digital photo that represent the films (to the email provided or via upload). This meets the requirement for a press kit.**
- Any additional press information and/or photo stills you'd like to provide (via mail or email)
* Submissions will not be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped mailer..
** The photo should have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi and maximum of 600 dpi. The size should not exceed 3" x 3".
THIRD STEP: Acknowledgement of Entry
Once you have completed both the WAB and IFF submissions, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of entry.
- Submissions must meet ALL eligibility and submission requirements to be considered for the IFF.
- Once your film is accepted by IFF and entered into our film guide, there will be no cancellation of screenings!
- No monies will be returned for any reason.
- Finalists will be selected based on judging criteria and festival philosophy.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The submitter grants to the Intendence Film Festival (IFF) the right to utilize excerpts from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
The submitter hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The submitter retains copyrights to its submissions. It grants to the IFF and its assignees and affiliates a royalty-free license to share the submissions, such rights granted from the time of the submission through the duration of the IFF and two years thereafter.
The submitter indemnifies and holds harmless the IFF, its directors, and its sponsors, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.