HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Information not provided.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Critically acclaimed as the most exclusive film festivals in the world, The Floating Film Festival (FFF) was created by Dusty Cohl, founder of TIFF in 1988. Since then, FFF has hosted many prestigious films, filmmakers and programmers, including Roger Ebert, Michael Phillips, George Anthony, Bruce Kirkland, and Peter Howell, and talent such as Peter Fonda, Haskell Wexler, Gloria Rowland, Robert Towne, Martin Scorsese and many others.
Filmmakers love this festival as they get to screen their film away from the media and in front of serious film lovers. Many films on FFF have gone on to win Oscars a few months later.
Barry Avrich (Director); Barry Avrich (Director); Mariah Craig
Information not provided.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Programmers invite and selects the films which will be presented in the competition and for screening. Each film invited to be part of the official selection will be notified via phone or email.
2. Once a film has been selected it cannot be withdrawn from the Festival programme during the event.
3. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles. All subtitling expenses are to be met by the film’s producer.
4. The Programmers select all members of the jury for competition and screening. Each jury member will vote by a secret ballot. No person having taken part in the production or promotion of a film in competition may be on the jury.
5. All films to be submitted for the official selection must be entered by 31st October 2014.
6. All films submitted (DVD) must reach the Film Festival office by 10th October 2014. If the DVD is not received by this deadline it will not be submitted. This deadline is final.
7. The following will be accepted for the submission process:
Any film sent in other formats for the initial submission process (Beta, Mini- DV, HD-CAM, 16mm or 35mm) will not be viewed.
Please send your film once and in one format only.
Please note that the films submitted will not be returned.
8. The Film Festival office can provide you with further details if your film is selected.
9. Any expenses for the shipping (for both import and export), screening and translation of films and DVDs presented to the selection committee with a view to their possible selection, are to be met by the film’s producers or relevant body. All expenses for the transportation and insurance of prints are also the responsibility of their owner.
10. The Film Festival office has the power to settle all cases not covered by the present rules and regulations.
11. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of submission and screening conditions. Furthermore by completing the initial online submission form (you/ your company) agree to the Festival’s terms of the release as follows;
1) [You / The Company] hereby grant(s)the organisers of the Festival Permission to screen the film during the Festival. For the avoidance of doubt the location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of the organisers of the Film Festival.
2) [You / The Company] [have / has] obtained signed release forms in relation to copyright and all other rights now known from all the cast, crew and any freelance contributors who were involved in the making of the film.
3) The film contains no material which is obscene, libellous or defamatory.
4) [You / The Company] [have / has] obtained the appropriate copyright clearances for all music used in the film (if required).
5) [You / The Company] will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival including but not limited to postage or insurance of the film, transport costs of the film to and from the Festival and travel costs and expenses of your staff or any representatives of the film.
6) [You / The Company] will indemnify the organisers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
7) [You / The Company] understand[s] and agree[s] that any failure to follow and adhere to the Terms and Conditions of the Festival will result in the disqualification of the film.
9) [You / The Company] hereby give[s] the organisers of the Festival a non-exclusive licence to use [your/ its] name, [photograph / logo], and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities relating to the Festival, and its promotional activities and events.
10) [You / The Company] understand[s] that the Festival is not obliged to return the copy of the film that [you / the company] submitted to the Festival and confirm that [you / the company] [have / has] retained at least one other copy of the film.
11) [You / The Company] understand[s] that the organisers of the Festival accept no liability for the loss or non-receipt of the film.
12) [You / The Company] understand[s] that there are no fees [due to you / it] for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of the film to the Festival and accept that the organisers of the Festival are therefore under no obligation to pay you any sums.
13) [You / The Company] agree[s] to be bound by the decision of the judges of the Festival whose decision will be final. [You / The Company] further understand[s] and agree[s] that the judges are not obliged to give any feedback to you regarding the film.
14) [You / The Company} confirm[s] and warrant [s]that [you are/it is] the author of the film and the sole and exclusive owner of all rights now known in the Film and [have /has] full and exclusive rights to submit the film to the Festival. [You / The Company] further warrant [s] that the film is not under option, nor has it been purchased by any third party. [You / the Company] also warrant[s] that there is no current dispute as to the ownership of the film and that no rights or permissions are required from any third parties before the film can be screened at the Festival.