HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Puerto Rico Horror Film Fest now belongs to:
LUSCA, the Caribbean International Fantastic Film Festival.
Puerto Rico Horror Film Fest is the first and only international film festival in the caribbean devoted to Thriller, Dark Humor, Bizarre and the very best of Horror in Short and Feature Films. Born in 2006 to put focus on independent high quality genre film, and since 2009 in the form of a competitive festival.
LUSCA Caribbean International Fantastic Film Fest is also dedicated to Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Anime, Cult and Action movies.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
With over 8,500 regular followers to the festival We have an audience of young professional hipsters going from 18-35 years old male-female pot. Thats our local data in Puerto Rico.
We had carried in special guest such like: Hollywood actress Zelda Robeinstain (Poltergiest), hollywood actor Tony Tood (Candyman), Hollywood legend as Ms.Tippi Hedren (The Birds) and others. All our guests has shared with the young filmmakers their experiences, expertise and knowledge, because part of the festival's mission is to bring this cinema icons to offer a lecture, workshop or a Master Class as an educational experience for all the filmmakers and young people that attend to the film fest. We carry films from over 65 countries annually
Following its resounding success, the Puerto Rico Horror Film Fest was invited to become part of La Alianza Latinoamericana de Festivales de Cine Fantástico, Latin America’s premier horror film festival circuit.
Submission Rules & Guidelines
‣ The regular submission fee of the LUSCA Caribbean International Fantastic Film Fest is $10.
‣ LUSCA Caribbean International Fantastic Film Fest don't pay screening fees to any selected movie.
‣ All films in a language other than English or Spanish should be subtitled in English or Spanish, unless dialogue or commentary is unnecessary for comprehension and appreciation.
‣ We prefer that you submit your film via Internet. You can use Vimeo, WeTransfer, Hightail or any other large file transfer platform.
‣ If you need to send your movie via Air Mail or Courier, the BluRay (NTSC) must be clearly labeled with: (1) film title; (2) director’s name and (3) film duration. Please submit films inside a paper DVD sleeve. DO NOT send a slim, jewel or DVD case.
‣ Viewing material should be insured by the sender and sent via air mail or courier at the sender’s expense
‣ The festival cannot accept responsibility for damaged or lost materials while in transit. Only use BUBBLE PACK envelopes when shipping. Please do NOT use fiber envelopes.
‣ Submissions will only be returned if accompanied by a self-addressed prepaid mailer.
‣ We usually do not accept works in progress. However, we will consider a work in progress if your film has received press coverage, has generated a lot of buzz and if you can grant the Festival an exclusive premiere.
‣ The program is finalized late August. You will hear from us by earlu September at the latest, most likely by e-mail. If your contact details change at any time, please let us know so that we can update our records.
‣ All Pre-Selected films must send their completed and signed Acceptance Form and final screening version of your movie (if it wasn’t sent by the submission process) and must be received no later than mid September.
‣ All entries selected grant the Festival the right to use audio, video and still images for promotional materials. The Festival will request artwork or promotional material for use in it’s website once the film is accepted to screen.
‣ Excerpts from films will only be shown on television for promotional purposes. Permission is granted during submission.
‣ Wherever possible each film is presented twice.
‣ No cuts or changes to any film will be made by the Festival management.
‣ Programming decisions are made by a professional selection committee composed of working industry professionals. It is LUSCA policy not to provide comments on why a film was not selected for the Festival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
‣ Filmmakers accepted into the Festival will receive two (2) ALL-ACCESS PASSES if attending the Festival.
‣ Submission of a film represents agreement with the rules set forth herein.
‣ The LUSCA Caribbean International Fantastic Film Fest is open to the public. Accredited national and international press, as well as TV and film buyers and distributors also participate.
LUSCA Caribbean International Fantastic Film Fest is presented by Puerto Rico Film Academy, Inc. Its main objective is to promote cinematographic art by presenting high-quality films. LUSCA, is an event held in different venues in San Juan, Puerto Rico, runs for eight (8) days.