CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Face of Diversity. Accepting narrative, documentary, experimental, multimedia and animated films of maximum 24 minutes in length.
|Face of Diversity. Accepting thought-provoking, unique and entertaining Fiction or Documentary feature length films of over 45 minutes.
|Face of Diversity. Accepting independent documentaries that are challenging, unique and impact on the human spirit.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Bali International Film Festival (aka BALINALE) is held on the exotic tropical island of Bali, Indonesia.
BALINALE presents a week of current independent and unique films from Indonesia and around the globe that inspire and entertain our mix of international and domestic audiences.
The philosophy of the festival's non-government not-for-profit Indonesian registered charity foundation is that education matters and the sharing of knowledge through arts and film enables greater exposure, tolerance and acceptance of countries and cultures.
Past Festival Themes have included; Women in Focus, Environmental, Movie Classics, Asian Region and Children.
Workshops and seminars are an important part of the festival program conducted by Indonesian and international professionals. Oscar®, Emmy®, BAFTA® and Cannes award winners have helped us to achieve our goals of bringing together films and their makers as a gathering of global creativity.
BALINALE was associated with APEC Summit 2013, hosted the ASEAN Film Focus 2011, is appointed Consulting Organization for Asia Pacific Screen Awards (Brisbane, Australia) and ASEAN International Film Festival & Awards (Kuching, Malaysia), affiliated with Asian Film Commissions Network (AFCNet) and supported by Motion Picture Association.
We proudly host American Film Showcase (AFS) Film Connect Tour and Sundance Institute Film Forward to be held for the first time in Indonesia supported by US Embassy - Jakarta.
BALINALE is endorsed by Indonesia’s national and provincial government for its proven efforts in delivering cultural, political and economic benefits.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The 9th annual BALINALE 2015 will be held 24 -30 September at the brand new Cinemaxx (PT Cinemaxx Global Pasifik) modern, state-of-the-art five studio multiplex facility strategically located at the popular Lippo Mall Kuta, Jl. Kartika Plaza, Bali.
The festival promises to be an entertaining and exciting event in celebrating the art of global cinema with a series of pre-festival events held throughout Indonesia.
Presenting all genres of mainstream, independent, documentary and short films from Indonesia and around the world.
We will again host American Film Showcase (AFS) Film Connect Tour Indonesia supported by US Embassy - Jakarta.
BALINALE is accepting submissions through Withoutabox.
Known for its specialized knowledge and importance in promoting films from Indonesia and potential film industry growth within the region, BALINALE invites filmmakers with projects for development somewhere within the countries 17,000 islands
Siti Sundari (Festival Registrar)
GENERAL INFORMATION Submission Form
• Films must have been completed after 1 January 2014, and not already have had significant commercial or broadcast exposure.
• Films shown at other festivals or in limited non-commercial exhibition are eligible.
• Film screenings can only be shown in DCP and MOV (Quicktime) format.
• You can submit more than one film, as long as each work meets the applicable criteria.
• Each film must have its own submission form and two (2) preview copies
• Foreign language films must be dubbed or subtitled in English
• Submission Fees & Forms must be complete and in advance via Withoutabox in order to process properly
The Festival will not consider:
1. Commercials or advertisements.
2. The Festival does not include “works in progress” in its final program.
3. Pornographic content.
Everyone will be notified of their film’s status (accepted or not accepted into the Festival) by approximately 1 September 2015.
BALINALE Audience Choice Award is based on the decision by the film going audience. Trophies are awarded in the following categories: Best Overall Film, Best Feature Film, Best Documentary Film, Best Short Film.
By submitting your film to the Festival, you agree to the final decisions made by the audience. Neither the Festival staff nor the committee is able to provide any comments about your work. Any filmmaker who contacts a juror about the status of a submitted film may be disqualified.
The Submission Process
• Partial or incomplete entries cannot be accepted, so please double-check that you have included everything required in the submission form.
• One person should be designated as the contact for each entry. The Festival handles numerous submissions and can only successfully work with one contact per film. The contact need not be the director or producer, etc., but should be authorized to submit the work, supply information as described on the entry form, and speak on behalf of the production.
• All necessary rights and permissions for festival exhibition of each work submitted is the responsibility of the film production.
• Please fill in all details on the Film Entry Form and submit all the relevant images, bios and Press Kit requirements in the formats required. Failing to do so may cause your film to be rejected during the film submission process and could affect the quality of the promotion of the film you are submitting.
Important Statement to be noted on shipment:
NO COMMERCIAL VALUE - CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY
The Selection Committee makes the final decisions about which films will be included in the Festival.
Complete submissions must be received at the BALINALE International Film Festival office by the deadline. Entries may be hand-delivered to the Festival office by that deadline. If you send your submission by mail or delivery service, please plan ahead to make sure it will arrive by that date. Many places may have delayed postal delivery schedules because of holidays, etc. Be early!
We will send notification to the designated contact person that the submission has been received.
If Your Film is Accepted
All contacts will be notified of their film’s status (accepted or not accepted into the Festival) by approximately 15 August 2015.
ALL Exhibition Copies MUST be received in our office by 1 September 2015.
Once accepted, a film cannot be withdrawn without written approval by the Festival Committee.
A certain number of tickets to your film’s screening(s) will be arranged for the contact person. We of course encourage anyone connected to the production to attend, but the Festival can only set aside a small number of tickets for each filmmaker.
Bali International Film Festival (BALINALE) regrets that it is not able to financially support the travel expenses of filmmakers. Acceptance of your film into the Festival program should not be interpreted as also including travel costs or other expenses
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting a film to BALINALE International Film Festival, you acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. I have read, understood, and complied with all eligibility requirements for this film’s category.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3. I am authorized to submit this entry to this Festival.
4 .This entry is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
5. I have secured all necessary rights and permissions for the entry to be exhibited at this Festival, and for any videos/photographs/images provided to this Festival to be used for publicity, promotion and exhibition purposes.
6. I hold the Bali International Film Festival, BALINALE, Bali Taksu Indonesia Foundation and its agents harmless from: damage or loss that may result from my failure to secure such necessary rights and permissions.
7. I take full responsibility and hold the Bali International Film Festival, BALINALE, Bali Taksu Indonesia Foundation and its agents harmless from: damage to or loss of the print/entry en-route upon arrangements for shipping. The festival will endeavor to care for and protect the copyright of your film.
8. I agree to abide by the decisions of the Bali International Film Festival programmers.
9. Once accepted, a film cannot be withdrawn without written approval by the Festival Committee.
10. Should this film/entry win an award at the Bali International Film Festival, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this entry to designate the following individual(s) to receive the award:
a) ……………………………… b) ……………………………… c) ………………………………
11. In the event no one is designated on the line above, please include a release form from the production company co-signed by director and producer stating the company/individual is entitled to receive award and any payment due therein. The release should be from the director and producer as identified in the credits of the film/entry.