SERVICES COMING SOON • This event has recently updated its Call
For Entries. Add it to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified when submissions open on 1-Feb-2017.
|All Genres of narrative, documentary, experimental, multimedia and animated films will be considered with a maximum 30 minutes in length.
|All Genres of thought-provoking, unique and entertaining Fiction or Documentary films of over 40 minute in length.
|Accepting independent documentaries that are creative, challenging, unique and impact on the human spirit and global community.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Bali International Film Festival (aka BALINALE) is held on the exotic tropical island of Bali, Indonesia. BALINALE presents a diverse selection of remarkable films from Indonesia and around the globe that inspire and entertain our mix of international and domestic audiences.
BALINALE 2017 theme is CONNECTING COMMUNITIES THROUGH THE WORLD OF FILM.
Known for its specialized knowledge and importance in promoting films from Indonesia and potential film industry growth within the region, the festival presents new and upcoming Special Previews as a significant strategy of the festival to promote the growth and recognition of Indonesian Cinema.
BALINALE focuses on inviting international filmmakers with possible co-productions or development projects that could be set somewhere among Indonesia and its 17,000 islands.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
BALINALE is celebrating its 11th anniversary from 24-30 September at Official Venue Partner CINEMAXX located at Lippo Mall Kuta, Bali, Indonesia.
The festival presents all genres of fiction, documentary, feature and short entertaining, thought-provoking, independent and award-winning films from Indonesia and around the world.
Month long events and Open Air Cinema (layar tancap), Student Film Program and an annual Children’s Charity Event are provided free of charge as an important part of the festival’s commitment to the community.
The festival promises to be an entertaining and exciting event celebrating the art of global cinema with a series of pre-festival events held throughout Indonesia.
Past Festival Themes have included; No Boundaries, Women in Focus, Environmental, Movie Classics, Asian Region, Face of Diversity and Children.
The philosophy of the festival's non-government not-for-profit Indonesian registered charity foundation is that education matters and the sharing of knowledge through arts and film enables greater exposure, tolerance and acceptance of countries and cultures.
Workshops and seminars are an important part of the festival program conducted by Indonesian and international professionals. Oscar®, Emmy®, BAFTA® and Cannes award winners have helped us to achieve our goals of bringing together films and their makers as a gathering of global creativity.
BALINALE was associated with APEC Summit 2013, hosted the ASEAN Film Focus 2011, is appointed Consulting Organization for Asia Pacific Screen Awards (Brisbane, Australia) and ASEAN International Film Festival & Awards (Kuching, Malaysia), affiliated with Asian Film Commissions Network (AFCNet) and supported by Motion Picture Association.
We have proudly hosted American Film Showcase (AFS) Film Connect Tour and Sundance Institute Film Forward Touring Programs in Indonesia.
Novi Anti; Siti Sundari (Festival Registrar)
GENERAL INFORMATION Submission Form
• Films must have been completed after 1 January 2016, and not already have had significant commercial or broadcast exposure.
• Films shown at other festivals or in limited non-commercial exhibition are eligible.
• Film screenings can only be shown in DCP and MOV (Quicktime) format.
• You can submit more than one film, as long as each work meets the applicable criteria.
• Each film must have its own submission form and two (2) preview copies.
• Foreign language films must be dubbed or subtitled in English
• Submission Fees & Forms must be complete and in advance in order to process properly
The Festival will not consider:
1. Commercials or advertisements.
2. The Festival does not include “works in progress” in its final program.
3. Pornographic content.
Everyone will be notified of their film’s status (accepted or not accepted into the Festival) In Competition or Our of Competition by 15 August 2017.
Trophies are awarded in the following categories: Best Feature Film, Best Documentary Film, Best Short Film.
Our of Competition
Audience Choice Award is based on the decision by the film going audience. Trophies are awarded in the following categories: Best Overall Film, Best Feature Film, Best Documentary Film, Best Short Film.
By submitting your film to the Festival, you agree to the final decisions made by the festival, Jury & Audience. Neither the Festival staff nor the committee is able to provide any comments about your work. Any filmmaker who contacts a juror about the status of a submitted film may be disqualified.
• Partial or incomplete entries cannot be accepted, so please double-check that you have included everything required in the submission form.
• One person should be designated as the contact for each entry. The Festival handles numerous submissions and can only successfully work with one contact per film. The contact need not be the director or producer, etc., but should be authorized to submit the work, supply information as described on the entry form, and speak on behalf of the production.
• All necessary rights and permissions for festival exhibition of each work submitted is the responsibility of the film production.
• Please fill in all details on the Film Entry Form and submit all the relevant images, bios and Press Kit requirements in the formats required. Failing to do so may cause your film to be rejected during the film submission process and could affect the quality of the promotion of the film you are submitting.
Please clearly mark on shipment or we cannot guarantee receipt of materials:
"NO COMMERCIAL VALUE - CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY - TEMPORARY IMPORT FOR FESTIVAL USE ONLY"
CUSTOMS VALUE: US$50
IMPORTANT NOTE: Stating this information on the shipping form is crucial for customs purposes.
The Selection Committee makes the final decisions about which films will be included in the Festival.
Complete submissions must be received at the BALINALE - Bali International Film Festival office by the DEADLINE to bne considered. Entries may be hand-delivered to the Festival office by that deadline. If you send your submission by mail or delivery service, please plan ahead to make sure it will arrive by that date. Many places may have delayed postal delivery schedules because of holidays, etc. Be early!
We will send notification to the designated contact person that the submission has been received.
Submission materials will not be returned but destroyed by the Festival. Screeners remaining in festival office will be destroyed six months after the end of the festival. The festival provides for one (1) way shipping of DCP exhibition copy (copies) to one (1) location.
If Your Film is ACCEPTED
All contacts will be notified of their film’s status (accepted or not accepted into the Festival) by approximately 15 August 2017.
ALL Exhibition Copies MUST BE RECEIVED in our office by 10 September 2017. Please include any Promotional Materials in the same shipment wherever possible.
The festival reserves the right to use the exhibition materials for promotional purposes.
Once accepted, a film cannot be withdrawn without written approval by the Festival Committee.
The Festival sets aside a small number of tickets for each filmmaker of its screening(s). We, of course, encourage anyone connected to the production to attend so please inform us if this is a probability. Acceptance of your film into the Festival program should not be interpreted as also including travel expenses and associated costs.
As a foundation based community event, the festival does not cover any Screening or Loaner fees.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting a film to Bali International Film Festival, you acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. I have read, understood, and complied with all eligibility requirements for this film’s category.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3. I am authorized to submit this entry to this Festival.
4 .This entry is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
5. I have secured all necessary rights and permissions for the entry to be exhibited at this Festival, and for any videos/photographs/images provided to this Festival to be used for publicity, promotion and exhibition purposes.
6. I hold the Bali International Film Festival, BALINALE, Bali Taksu Indonesia Foundation and its agents harmless from: damage or loss that may result from my failure to secure such necessary rights and permissions.
7. I take full responsibility and hold the Bali International Film Festival, BALINALE, Bali Taksu Indonesia Foundation and its agents harmless from: damage to or loss of the print/entry en-route upon arrangements for shipping. The festival will endeavor to care for and protect the copyright of your film.
8. I agree to abide by the decisions of the Bali International Film Festival programmers.
9. Once accepted, a film cannot be withdrawn without written approval by the Festival Committee.
10. By submitting your film this constitutes your acceptance of this condition.
11. I agree to waive any screening or loaner fees for a one time screening.
10. Should this film/entry win an award at the Bali International Film Festival, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this entry to designate the following individual(s) to receive the award:
a) ……………………………… b) ……………………………… c) ………………………………
12. In the event no one is designated on the line above, please include a release form from the production company co-signed by director and producer stating the company/individual is entitled to receive award and any payment due therein. The release should be from the director and producer as identified in the credits of the film/entry.