HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
|Environment (Feature or Documentary)
|The films must show the damage being done to our planet/environment and/or people/efforts being made to help make a difference.
|Film are to show the destruction being caused to the planet/environment and/or how we can help to make things better. Films can be documentary.
|Films Shot in Cyprus or by Cypriot Film-makers
|These entries must have been filmed entirely or a significant amount on the island of Cyprus or by Cypriot filmmakers both local and abroad. Films with a political agenda regarding the Cyprus occupation will not be considered.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
A star-studded cinematic experience, hosted on an island rich in cultural history and beautiful locations. VFF gives the opportunity to celebrate and promote excellence in film, using it as a communication platform to develop and enhance dialogue between various peoples and various cultures. To identify and nurture exceptional talent globally and to play an active role in the growth of the industry. An innovative cultural festival for all.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The VFF is a non-profit festival that has been set up on the stunning Mediterranean island of Cyprus. Located at the crossroads of Europe, the Middle East and Africa it boasts glorious blue sea, tranquil mountains and a rich cultural heritage, the setting of myths and legends.
The VFF plans to attract audiences and media from all over the world in its inaugural year. The five-day event encourages dialogue between well established members of the industry and those at the start. It is also allows access to distributors and therefore to the public thus helping to advance the careers of promising filmmakers by providing a platform through which their talents can be recognized.
It is our goal to showcase the finest films the world has to offer.
Film premieres are welcome.
INTERVIEWS, PANELS and WORKSHOPS
We will be talking to established filmmakers about their careers and current projects. Panels will provide insight to the workings of filmmaking and the workshops will explore the creative process of cinema.
VFF holds many surprises for VIPs and audiences alike. Do join us for an educational and fun filled five days to see what makes our festival so special.
THE ELAPHI AWARDS (Greek for Deer)
The award is a larger replica of a Roman deer statue excavated at the ancient theatre of Curium in Cyprus, the original is housed in the Municipal Museum in Nicosia. Categories for 2011: (All jury decisions are final)
Best Supporting Role (Male/Female)
Best Feature Film
Best Production Design
Best Cypriot Film
Best Environment Film
Best Children’s Short
Please note that as we are a non-profit festival fees are purely to cover administration costs.
We look forward to welcoming you April 6th to 10th 2011.
Anna Georghallides (Festival Registrar)
VFF only accepts credit card payments online through Withoutabox. Please DO NOT send checks.
YOUR SUBMISSION CHECKLIST
Please be sure you include the following:
2 DVDs (Format: PAL Region 2 Europe) of film (please label with WAB tracking no., title, director, category, running time and email/contact phone).
The jury will accept to screen a film:
- WITHOUT subtitles IF the original language is English though with Greek subtitles would be preferable.
- WITH English subtitles for all other original languages.
- All films in GREEK MUST have English subtitles.
All shipping costs are entirely borne by the producer or the sender.
35mm film prints will be returned to the sender at the producer or sender's expense.
Following the screening DVDs are not returned to the sender by the Festival.
SECURE ONLINE SCREENERS
If your film is selected and you submit through the Secure Online Screeners option please note that you will either have to bring or send 1 copy of the film on DVD Region 2 Europe for our archive.
IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED
You will be contacted by February 18th 2011.
You must supply us with a 35mm print or Digital Format as listed in your category.
FILM STILLS should be:
High resolution, clearly labeled. (Preferably CD in a .jpg file.)
At least 8 x 4.5 inches, 300 res or larger AND horizontal if possible.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. I have read, understood, and comply with all eligibility requirements of the categories for which I would like my film/s to be considered.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this submission are true.
3. Neither this film nor any of its components is subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its Competition and the film does not breach copyright. Vineyard Film Festival (VFF) accepts no responsibility for copyright breached by the filmmakers. Any film found to be in breach of copyright will be disqualified.
5. I hold the Vineyard Film Festival (VFF) free of responsibility from damage to or loss of the print en route or otherwise during the course of the Festival's possession of the film.
6. All items including DVDs and entry fees submitted to the Festival are non-returnable/non-refundable.
7. Entries shown at other film festivals and small scale screenings are permitted.
8. All films will be viewed by a festival programming committee and international jury. I agree to accept the committee and jury verdicts as final.
9. Shortlisted filmmakers may be required to take part in related publicity.
10. By entering my film to Vineyard Film Festival (VFF) I agree to the film, or clips of the said film, being screened by Vineyard Film Festival (VFF) for promotional purposes
11. More than one entry may be submitted. Each must be submitted separately.
12. For foreign films: entrants must assume all responsibility for clearing films through foreign customs officials if applicable.
13. No film in any category may have a pornographic theme.
14. Vineyard Film Festival (VFF) reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or festival scheduling.