SERVICES COMING SOON • This event has recently updated its Call
For Entries. Add it to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified when submissions open on 7-Sep-2015.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Lifetree Film Fest showcases films demonstrating the themes of “doing life” and “doing good.”
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Lifetree Film Fest is a cinematic celebration focusing on bringing awareness to local, national and international issues by portraying people or organizations making a positive difference. The 6th annual Lifetree Film Fest will take place in Loveland, Colorado, April 21-23, 2016 at the historic Rialto Theater.
The Lifetree Film Fest promotes not only great cause-related films, but also the causes themselves. Top cash prize money goes to the cause represented in the winning film.
The Lifetree Film Fest also provides distribution opportunities for filmmakers through its distribution arm—Lifetree Café. Lifetree Café is an international network of "conversation cafés" where people gather each week to watch compelling stories shared on film, and discuss thought-provoking topics.
Films submitted to the Lifetree Film Fest are considered for use in a Lifetree Café experience. This provides the filmmaker a unique opportunity for international awareness as well as distribution into hundreds of Lifetree Café locations.
The Lifetree Film Fest recognizes and celebrates films in four categories:
Documentary Feature: Non-fiction films that are 40 minutes or longer.
Documentary Short: Non-fiction films that are under 40 minutes in length.
Narrative Feature: Dramatic or comedic narrative films that are 40 minutes or longer.
Narrative Short: Dramatic or comedic narrative films that are under 40 minutes in length.
Organizers: Craig Cable (Festival Director); Tracy Hindman (Festival Manager)
Open for submissions - September 14, 2015
Early bird deadline – October 16, 2015
Regular deadline – November 13, 2015
Late deadline – December 18, 2015
WAB extended deadline – January 8, 2016
Craig Cable (Film Fest Director); Tracy Hindman (Festival Manager)
The following general rules apply to all entries into the 2016 Lifetree Film Fest.
1. All submissions must be through Withoutabox (WAB).
2. We encourage the submission of international film or video entries, but all entries must be in English or have English dubbing or subtitles.
3. All entries must be available for screening during the festival, which will be April 21-23, 2016.
4. We welcome and celebrate short films and feature-length films.
5. Entries with a run time of 40 minutes or less are eligible for distribution through the Lifetree Cafe's international network and for the Lifetree Film Award.
6. By submitting to Lifetree Film Fest, you agree to allow highlights or excerpts of your entry (e.g., a trailer) to be placed on LifetreeFilms.com and LifetreeCafe.com for marketing and promotion of the Lifetree Film Fest and Lifetree Cafe.
7. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. Lifetree Film Fest does not pay screening fees for films.
8. Films that have been submitted for previous Lifetree Film Fests cannot be resubmitted without significant changes being made to the content.
9. Write your WAB entry number on any and all preview materials you send us, especially the outside of the package and the DVD itself. This will insure your entry is processed in a timely manner.
10. We would prefer submissions via online download. Please provide a link to a 1080p, 24 fps .mp4 of your submission for download. We will also take DVD submissions via mail but must have them in-hand by the submission deadline. If your film is chosen to show at the festival or for distribution through the Lifetree Cafe national network, you must send a full quality .mov file via download or on DVD no later than 2 weeks prior to the festival screening. If no screener is sent, the submission download or DVD will be used to screen.
11. We will notify you that we have received your entry via Withoutabox.
12. We will NOT return either preview or final exhibition materials, so plan accordingly.
13. In accordance with both Lifetree Film Fest and Withoutabox policies, the entry fee is non-refundable. You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Lifetree Film Fest.
14. All awards are based on the overall merit of the entry. Decisions by the judges are final.
15. Finalists will be notified on or around March 10, 2016, if their entry will be screened at the 2016 Lifetree Film Fest and considered with the other finalists for the top awards.
16. All finalists will have their entries screened at the 2016 Lifetree Film Fest, and will be featured in the festival program. In addition, films may be distributed throughout the Lifetree Cafe international network.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I/we agree that if we have misrepresented the ownership, responsible parties, previous production or distribution status, or other claims made in submitting the material, the entry is subject to being removed from judging and any awards, and removed from the Lifetree Film Fest and any Lifetree Café program it may have been used in altogether, and that the entry fee is forfeited. If the misrepresentation is discovered after award of any prizes, I/we understand that any awards will be taken away and I/we agree to return any prizes we may have received. I/we further understand that I/we may be subject to prosecution for fraud if the misrepresentation is considered egregious, at the sole discretion of the Lifetree Film Fest and Lifetree Café. Lifetree Film Fest is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the festival for promotional purposes and granted the right to distribute it through the Lifetree Cafe network and all associated trailers or marketing. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. If your entry is selected for distribution through the Lifetree Cafe network, it will be tested within one year of receiving the award, and released into the Lifetree Café network within two years. There is no guarantee that all tested Lifetree Café programs will release into the Lifetree Café network. For films selected for the festival, Lifetree Film Fest reserves the right to screen the entry at the festival, and to include the work in retrospective programs at future festivals and special festival-related screenings. It’s the discretion of the festival to blur or silence any inappropriate content. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Lifetree Film Fest from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. The undersigned also agree that any legal dispute arising out of this matter shall be heard in the District Court of Larimer County, Colorado, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado.