SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
|This non-fictional category is packed with diversity of opinion and passion. From political or humanitarian issues to popular culture, these films explore topics that can define a generation, spark change and generate conversation with the audience.
|This category is the proving ground for new, bold voices in film. Whether inspirational or provocative in nature, these emerging filmmakers provide fresh perspective while inventing new ways to tell stories with lasting impact.
|It takes a special gift to transport your audience to a place where they’re free to laugh. Take us along for a ride and make us laugh with you, at you and even at ourselves.
|This vastly diverse genre is the playground for the artistic. Whether traditional animation or computer-generated - these animated films take the audience to a place crafted by the imagination.
|Budding Talent - Filmmakers 17 and under
|The film industry is filled with actors and filmmakers who began to hone their skills at an early age. This category is specifically for budding filmmakers 17 and under who are ready to show the world their talent and share their story.
|Budding Talent - Student Filmmakers (18 and older)
|For student filmmakers 18 and over looking to make a splash, this category gives you a chance to share your passion and voice with the world.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Lifetree Film Fest showcases films demonstrating people "doing life" or "doing good." These films often celebrate the human condition and dive headlong into topics that make us laugh, cry, expand our understanding, give us hope, or cause us to think.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Lifetree Film Fest collects stories.
Stories of love and life. Faith and hope. Hard times and quirky people. If your film captures life, then we’re interested…and we want to help you share your film with the rest of the country.
We’re looking for films that are inspirational. Hard-hitting. Intriguing. Informative. Touching. We’ll even take silly—if it’s thought provoking.
The Lifetree Film Fest is related to Lifetree Café—a national network of "conversation cafés" where people gather each week to watch compelling stories shared on film, and discuss thought-provoking topics.
Award-winning films at the Lifetree Film Fest are considered for use in a Lifetree Café experience. This provides the filmmaker a unique opportunity for national distribution into hundreds of locations around the country. People from coast-to-coast will be talking about these unique and thought-provoking films.
We celebrate short films but welcome feature length films as well. We want animations, documentaries, narratives, musicals, and advocacy pieces—the whole nine yards. The beauty of Lifetree Film Fest is that we thrive on variety.
Submit here, and your film will become the talk of the nation.
Tracy Hindman (Festival Manager)
The following general rules apply to all entries into the 2014 Lifetree Film Fest.
1. All submissions must be through Withoutabox (WAB).
2. We encourage the submission of international film or video entries, but all entries must be in English or have English dubbing or subtitles.
3. All entries must be available for screening during the festival, which will be April 11-12, 2014.
4. We welcome and celebrate short films and full-length features.
5. Entries with a run time of 30 minutes or less are eligible for distribution through the Lifetree Cafe's international network and for the Lifetree Film Award.
6. All entries must conform to the rating standards of PG-13 or lower.
7. By submitting to Lifetree Film Fest, you agree to allow highlights or excerpts of your entry (e.g., a trailer) to be placed on LifetreeFilms.com and LifetreeCafe.com for marketing and promotion of the Lifetree Film Fest and Lifetree Cafe.
8. By submitting to the Lifetree Film Fest, you grant permission for Lifetree Film Fest to include the work in retrospective programs at future festivals, and also that year’s travelling Lifetree Film Fest shown at Lifetree Café locations within a year of the original festival date. If you elect not to have your film included in the traveling Lifetree Film Fest or at future festivals, you must note that on your submission.
9. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. Lifetree Film Fest does not pay screening fees for films.
10. Write your WAB entry number on any and all preview materials you send us, especially the outside of the package and the DVD itself. This will insure your entry is processed in a timely manner.
11. Finalists will be selected based on excellence in conformity to content guidelines (e.g., the PG-13 rating limit), judging criteria, and festival philosophy.
12. We accept preview entries on DVD only. If you are chosen to show at the festival or for distribution through the Lifetree Cafe national network, you may send a full quality .mov file on a DVD no later than 2 weeks prior to the festival screening. If no screener is sent, the submission DVD will be used to screen.
13. We will notify you that we have received your entry via Withoutabox.
14. We will NOT return either preview or final exhibition materials, so plan accordingly.
15. In accordance with both Lifetree Film Fest and Withoutabox policies, the entry fee is non-refundable. You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Lifetree Film Fest.
16. All awards are based on the overall merit of the entry. Decisions by the judges are final.
17. Finalists will be notified on or around March 14, 2014, if their entry will be screened at the 2013 Lifetree Film Fest and considered with the other finalists for the top awards.
18. All finalists will have their entries screened at the 2014 Lifetree Film Fest, and will be featured in the festival program. In addition, films that receive the Lifetree Film Award may be distributed throughout the Lifetree Cafe international network.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I/we agree that if we have misrepresented the ownership, responsible parties, previous production or distribution status, or other claims made in submitting the material, the entry is subject to being removed from judging and any awards, and removed from the Lifetree Film Fest and any Lifetree Café program it may have been used in altogether, and that the entry fee is forfeited. If the misrepresentation is discovered after award of any prizes, I/we understand that any awards will be taken away and I/we agree to return any prizes we may have received. I/we further understand that I/we may be subject to prosecution for fraud if the misrepresentation is considered egregious, at the sole discretion of the Lifetree Film Fest and Lifetree Café.
Lifetree Film Fest is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the festival for promotional purposes and granted the right to distribute it through the Lifetree Cafe national network and all associated trailers or marketing.
The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
If your entry receives a Lifetree Films Award and is to be distributed through the Lifetree Cafe national network, it will be tested within one year of receiving the award, and released nationally within two years after the award is received if the episode is to be chosen for national rollout. There is no guarantee that all tested Lifetree Café programs will release nationally.
For films selected for the festival, Lifetree Film Fest reserves the right to screen the entry at the festival, to include the work in retrospective programs at future festivals, and also that year’s travelling Lifetree Film Fest shown at Lifetree Café locations within a year of the original festival date. Lifetree Film Fest may also use portions of accepted films for festival and tour montages. If you elect not to have your film included in the traveling Lifetree Film Fest or at future festivals, you must note that on your submission.
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Lifetree Film Fest from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. The undersigned also agree that any legal dispute arising out of this matter shall be heard in the District Court of Larimer County, Colorado, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado.