OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|For films with a Michigan connection, including projects produced in Michigan; films made by a Michigan director, writer or producer; or films featuring a lead actor from the state.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Waterfront Film Festival, June 11 - 14, 2015, is a non-competitive Festival CELEBRATING and ENTERTAINING the Independent Filmmaker. Rated in the "Top Fifty Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee" by Movie Maker Magazine, "Top Five Film Festivals" by SAG INDIE, "Top Ten Vacation Festivals" by Chris Gore, author of The Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide, and called "The Sundance of the Midwest" by the Chicago Sun Times, the Waterfront Film Festival offers a unique and festive artists' retreat for fostering an exchange of ideas, discovering films, and having a FANTASTIC time on the shores of Lake Michigan. The Waterfront Film Festival is, according to one Festival Filmmaker guest, "quite possibly the most hospitable festival in the United States."
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Organized by a group of entertainment industry professionals from Los Angeles, Michigan and New York, highlights of the festival include relaxed and informal workshops with renowned festival guests, parties and outdoor screenings on the waterfront, and the Opening Night Gala - a screening and celebration on the shore of the moonlit lake. All festival venues are within walking distance, and lodging choices include award winning B&B's, rental cottages and cabins, and upscale condos.
Take a vacation from the ordinary festival!
; Christine Elise McCarthy (Filmmaker)
; Dana DePree (Co-Founder)
; Dori DePree (Co-Founder)
; Hopwood DePree (Co-Founder)
; Kori Eldean Rentz (Co-Founder)
Film Entry Guidelines & Procedures
June 11 - 14, 2015
1. The festival is non-competitive and open to films of any genre: Features, Shorts, Documentaries, Animation, etc. There is no limit to the number of entries. Priority is given to Michigan premieres.
2. All film entries must be submitted Online or on DVD to be considered for selection (online screeners are preferred). Please ensure DVD submissions will properly play on a standard North American stand alone player, or they may not be considered. Submissions will not be returned unless requested with an enclosed SASE. Submission dates are between November 1, 2014 and February 15, 2015. Should you need an extension of the entry deadline, call the festival office to arrange for a special extension. If selected, the film in the proper format for screening must be in the WFF office by June 1, 2015. All film prints have to be on projection reels, heads outs. No cores, please.
3. There is a non-refundable $50 processing fee for films over 40 minutes and $30 for films under 40 minutes if materials are submitted prior to February 15, 2015. After this date, submission fees increase to $65 for films over 40 minutes and $40 for films under 40 minutes. All entries must be submitted with this entry form and the processing fee. This form may be photocopied and used for submission purposes. All entries must include a short synopsis, a filmmaker(s) bio, and a list of principal cast and credits.
4. Non-English language produced films must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English.
5. The title of the work, name of the entrant, and WAB tracking # must be on all mailing containers, mailing labels, can reels and film leaders. All containers must be numbered (Ex: 1 of 1, or 2 of 3, etc.).
6. The number, date, location and time of screenings of films are at the discretion of the WFF.
7. The act of submitting this form constitutes acceptance without reservation of all rules of the WFF.
8. Film selection announcements will be made before Memorial Day Weekend on the WFF website.
9. For more information call the Waterfront Film Festival Office at (269) 767-8765 or email us at email@example.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CERTIFICATION OF ENTRY:
1. I am the owner of the film I have submitted to the Waterfront Film Festival. I acknowledge that I have the sole and exclusive ownership of all rights and have the full authority to submit the film to WFF or I am duly authorized to submit this film.
2. This film is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
3. I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless WFF, its judges and managers or members, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, complaints, causes of action, liabilities, judgments, losses, costs and expenses including reasonable attorneys fees arising out of or in connection with any and all claims and/or third party claims based on the materials I am submitting to WFF.
4. I hold Waterfront Film Festival harmless from damage to the print en route or otherwise during the course of the Festival’s possession of the film.
5. I authorize WFF to present my film and/or excerpts from it for publicity purposes and/or publish material provided for publicity purposes.
6. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this application are true.