Under 90 minutes in length, for which the audience is children & young adults, ages under 18 years. All genres are acceptable.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
To engage impressionable minds with intelligent, passionate and provocative cinematic works and provide value based entertainment for Children and Young Adults. We aim to promote universal values, art & aesthetics, peace and cross cultural communications through the medium of cinema.
WorldKids International Film Festival is an annual event with ongoing year round film festival screenings in schools.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
WorldKids Foundation is a registered not-for-profit organization that aims at engaging the young of India with 'Entertainment with a Purpose'.
WorldKids Foundation has held the traveling WorldKids International Film Festival in the cities of Mumbai, Delhi and Indore to receive an unprecedented response of over one hundred thousand children and young adults. WorldKids also has monthly screenings at the National Centre for Performing Arts, Mumbai.
As part of our endeavor to impart value based education through quality cinema, the WorldKids Foundation has recently initiated a school program called ‘Lessons in the Dark.’ Through this educational-entertainment program, we take meaningful international cinema straight into the classrooms. Post screening, we conduct interactive sessions and assignments with students on on the ideas and concepts expressed in the films.
All submissions will be considered for:
i) The annual WorldKids Interntional Film Festivals
ii) Monthly screenings at the National Centre for Performing Arts (www.ncpamumbai.com)
iii) 'Lessons in the Dark' sessions at schools
All films are screened on a non commercial basis.
Gautam Singh (Head of Operations)
; Manju Singh (Founder and Festival Director)
We are an all year round festival and welcome all submissions appropriate for the young, regardless of eligibility clauses.
All content screened will be on a non-commercial basis.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Please submit 2 copies of your film for selection process.
2. Other than online submission, preview copies & exhibition copies of your film must be on DVD (region free) and clearly marked with your name, film title, running time, contact phone, and WAB confirmation number.
3.The WorldKids International Film Festival will only screen productions finished on DVD as all screenings are digital. We do NOT screen from other formats.
4. We accept all film types i.e. narrative, animation, documentary, family and foreign language (non-English language films should have English subtitles)
5. All shipping and handling costs to the festival office will be covered by the entrant. Please make sure to indicate "For cultural purposes only, no commercial value" on the shipping/ postal declaration.
6. If your film is selected for the competition you will be notified by email within a month of submission.
7. The festival will keep all DVD copies and promotional material.
8. The producer grants the WorldKids International Film Festival the rights to:- Exhibit the film in the WorldKids International Film Festival and any pre or post Festival screenings or tours including Schools Festivals for one year following the event.- Use up to 30 seconds of a short film for promotional purposes.
9. The producer warrants to the WorldKids International Film Festival that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party.
10. The filmmaker and its agents agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless WorldKids International Film Festival, its board, judges, sponsors and partners, individually and collectively, from all claims and demands, losses, damages, costs and liabilities relating to any films submitted to this festival. WorldKids may use the films for a period for three years(non commercial basis).
11. Films submitted will be considered for awards for all suitable Festival categories. The circumstance may arise that an award will not be given if no film is deemed outstanding in a category. Advertised prizes are subject to change.
12. While we will make every effort to stick to screening times as printed, WorldKids International Film Festival cannot be held accountable for changes to the schedule after schedule is announced.
13. Certain films may be uploaded on a secure online server and will only be accessible by member schools of the 'Lessons in the Dark' program.
14. A ‘Festival Favourites’ compilation DVD may be produced, and there may be an opportunity for entrants in the Short Film competition to be included on the DVD. Filmmakers would be contacted about this and revenue would be shared.