OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Any live-action short that is not specifically comedy, science-fiction, or horror.
|Any short documentary.
|Any and all forms of animation.
|Any film either made primarily in Florida, or made anywhere by filmmakers that are residents of Florida during the film’s production. (Please see the category rules for specific details.)
|Sci-Fi / Horror
|Live-action science-fiction, horror, and fantasy shorts.
|Any live-action comedy short.
|E for Everyone
|Family friendly films for the young and young at heart.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
To support, promote and recognize the art of short film and its artists.
The Love Your Shorts Film Festival will be one of the preeminent short film festivals in the world. As the art of short film changes, the festival will adapt with it. We will be known for treating our visiting filmmakers with the highest level of hospitality. The festival will be a platform where film lovers and filmmakers can socialize and collaborate. We will be a respected member within the local creative arts community.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Love Your Shorts Film Festival celebrates short films in Sanford, Florida.
The Festival screens only short films under 30 minutes in length. Films are divided into different blocks for screening and the audience votes for their favorites.
The winning films from each block advance to a final block for a panel of judges to pick the overall festival winner. Winners of each block earn the festival?s award, the ?Monroe,? an original piece of metal artwork named after Sanford?s Lake Monroe.
At the end of each block a brief Q&A session is conducted between the filmmakers and audience members. The Festival also hosts an hour-long moderated filmmakers panel.
In 2014, 70 short films were shown to an estimated 2100 people. Over 30 filmmakers attended.
For our 2015 submissions we will be providing feedback for EVERY film submitted.
For more information visit www.LoveYourShorts.com.
To view past festival photos visit www.facebook.com/LoveYourShorts.
Christina Grace (Filmmaker Liaison)
; Nelson Beverly (Festival Director)
1. The Love Your Shorts Film Festival welcomes short films in any style up to 30 minutes long. The year of production does not matter.
2. Films are divided into 8 blocks for screening: Opening Night, Animation, Comedy, Documentary, Drama, Florida Flavor, Sci-Fi/Horror and ???E??? for Everyone. Audience members at each block vote for their favorite film. The winning films from each block advance to a final block for a panel of judges to pick the overall festival winner. Winners of each block earn the festival???s award, the ???Monroe,??? an original piece of metal artwork named after Sanford???s Lake Monroe.
3. A film can only be submitted to ONE category. A filmmaker may submit multiple films but is responsible for submitting each individually and paying appropriate submission fees for each film.
4. The Florida Flavor category is open to films either made primarily in Florida, or films made anywhere by a filmmaker that is a resident of Florida during the film???s production. A film entered in this category cannot be entered in another category.
5. Entrants can submit their short films in one of two ways:
Option 1: Send a digital file (mp4 or mov) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Files can be sent via Vimeo (must include download option), Dropbox, Wetransfer, Hightail, or another file transfer service; or a USB drive or data disk can be sent to Love Your Shorts Film Festival, 122 West 17th Street, Sanford, FL 32771.
Option 2: Send 2 DVD copies to Love Your Shorts Film Festival, 122 West 17th Street, Sanford, FL 32771.
All submissions must be clearly labeled or include:
A) WAB film code (if applicable), B) title, C) run time and D) contact information (name, phone number and e-mail address). Non-English language films must be subtitled in English or contain minimal dialogue.
PLEASE DO NOT MAIL ITEMS THAT REQUIRE A SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION AS THIS MAY DELAY YOUR ITEMS GETTING TO US.
6. Officially selected films will be notified on or before January 1, 2015.
7. We suggest shipping DVDs in a protective bubble-wrap envelope. Submitted materials will not be returned. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL FILMS OR MATERIALS THAT REQUIRE A SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION AS THIS MAY DELAY YOUR ITEMS GETTING TO US.
8. All officially selected films must submit at least 1 high-resolution still for use in festival publications; E-mail images to email@example.com.
9. Festival organizers reserve the right to show officially selected films in any film block and/or to show officially selected films in more than film block.
10. All submission fees must be paid in US funds.
11. By submitting to the Love Your Shorts Film Festival, submitter gives permission to the festival to allow the film to be shown to attending press, at festival parties and at other festival related events.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The individual or corporation (entrant) submitting the film to the Love Your Shorts Film Festival (LYSFF) hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening. Please ensure if you are submitting a film that contains copyrighted material by anyone other than yourself, that you have obtained festival clearance for that material used.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the LYSFF, its organizers, judges, sponsors, and partners, individually and collectively, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to submitted material.
The burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright, trademark, rights of privacy, publicity or any other proprietary rights rests with the entrant. The entrant shall bear the sole liability for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission.
If your work is accepted into the LYSFF you agree to allow us to use all or a portion of your film (including images, sound and clips) within our promotions and screenings; and you allow us to provide your film to media in promotion of your film and the festival. We may, at our discretion, transfer all or a portion of your submitted work to a compilation DVD for festival screening and the resulting DVD may be used for festival promotional purposes.
You have read and agree to our general rules and terms and conditions. You agree that failure to adhere to any of the general rules or terms and conditions may result in disqualification for which no refund for entry fee(s) is due.