Live action or animated comedy short with a maximum length of 20 minutes.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
LOLSFF enables short comedy films to be viewed by mainstream audiences at commercial movie theatres throughout North America.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
This festival leverages our Director's relationships built over a 23 year career in the exhibition industry. With current customers representing hundreds of movie theatres and thousands of movie screens, we give comedy shorts the opportunity to be seen on the big screen. Likewise, audiences get a chance to see outstanding comedy films in the comfort and familiarity of their local cinema within a structure they are accustomed to. ORGANIZERS
Joe Edick (Festival Registrar)
; Joe Edick (Festival Registrar)
1. Only completed entries (including entry form, payment, and screener) will be processed and considered for screening.
2. Film must NOT have screened outside of the filmmaker’s local US television market prior to the Festival in order to be eligible for a Festival screening. Films shown outside of the filmmaker’s home market, but shown in a single market, will be eligible. By submitting, you agree to allow LOLSFF to exhibit your film during its 2015 festivals, regardless of subsequent distribution deals secured after the submission process.
3. Productions produced after December 2011 are eligible.
4. Productions must provide their screener on DVD Region 0 or 1 unless previously arranged.
5. Entries must be postmarked by November 13th, 2014. Late entries will be accepted until November 14th, 2014 provided that the entry is accompanied by the late entry fee (see entry fee section).
6. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
7. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
8. All entries must be either in English or contain English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles or with supplementary printed translations will be automatically disqualified.
9. We will NOT look at works in progress.
10. All Decisions by judges, programmers and organizers will be final and NO REFUND of entry fee will be permitted.
11. Digital exhibition format will be used; therefore, if selected, producers must submit an NTSC HD format for exhibition.
12. Filmmakers will pay all transportation costs of shipping their materials to the festival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Laugh Out Loud Short Film Festival ("LOLSFF") will accept films under 20 minutes in length. Films will be accepted on DVD only and must be programmed for region 0 or region 1.
In order to be eligible for preview, the entry must be post-marked on or before the deadline date.
Submission to the LOLSFF constitutes an agreement with all festival terms and conditions, and permission to exhibit the work during the festival if selected. Entrants warrant that they they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights including copyright of any third party.
LOLSFF reserves the right to determine the final eligibility of any work submitted, for any reason or no reason. Eligible works must have been completed on or after January 1st, 2012.
Your DVD will not be returned. Although every possible care will be taken with exhibition material in our possession, LOLSFF does not accept responsibility for loss or damage.
I, the flimmaker, permit LOLSFF to use my film, if selected, for its promotional reel and to use press stills from my film for Festival promotional materials, such as the LOLSFF website and newspaper articles. The LOLSFF has the right to keep a copy of your film for archival purposes, and will not publicly screen it without permission of the filmmaker(s). I also agree, if selected, to grant Laugh Out Loud Short Film Festival permission to include my film in a "Best Of Laugh Out Loud Short Film Festival" DVD. Permission to sell the film as part of the "Best Of Laugh Out Loud Short Film Festival" DVD is granted through the calendar year of 2023 or until copies of the DVD already produced are sold. The film will not be included in and DVD beyond 2023 without the filmmaker or owner's permission.
Final programming decisions will be announced on or before December 16th, 2013. Entry fees are non-refundable, and submission does not guarantee that the entry will be accepted to the festival for a screening.
By signing this document, I agree that I have read the above terms and conditions of the 2015 Laugh Out Loud Short Film Festival , and that I fully understand and agree to their terms.