DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
|Drama is a category to which short films are to be submitted that are largely characterized by realistic characters dealing with emotional or interpersonal themes.
|Documentary is a category to which short films are to be submitted that are largely characterized by the intent to document some aspect of reality, life, location or issue, and are non-fiction.
|Horror/Thriller is a category to which short films are to be submitted that are largely characterized by playing on an audience's primal fears, or by utilizing suspense, tension and excitement as its main elements.
|Comedy is a genre to which shorts films should be submitted that are largely characterized by humor, wit, amusement and entertainment.
|Sci-Fi is a genre to which shorts films are to be submitted that are largely characterized by speculative science, depictions of the future, technology, otherwordly creatures, or unexplained phenomena.
|Student is a category in which short films should be submitted that were produced and directed by a student enrolled at a university or college at the time of production.
|Feature Film Competition
|We are excited for this to be Filmstock's FIRST year accepting feature film submissions! This is a category open to any genre! Give us your opus, your work of art, your feature-length statement, documentary or horror film! We want to see your features!
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
In 2009, Filmstock was founded to connect audiences with creative visionaries, and has now become Arizona's #1 name in short film. Now in 2016, we are accepting feature-length submissions for the first time!
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
In 2009, Filmstock was founded to connect audiences with creative visionaries, and has now become Arizona's #1 name in short film, and a powerhouse networking event for the community!
A submission to Filmstock means a chance for your short film to be played at a the best and longest running short film festival in Arizona, with hopping parties, enthusiastic audiences and terrific colleagues you have yet to meet!
Filmstock ensures that the audience fully enjoys the terrific lineup of quality entertainment by some of the freshest and best minds in the business, and simultaneously ensures each film gets the audience's full attention.
Each Official Selection is reviewed by notable figures in the industry and are up for votes by the audience!
With over eight awards handed out at each of the four Filmstock Film Festival events throughout the year, there are few places with this big of an opportunity for your work to be seen and celebrated by industry members and audiences alike.
James Lee (Organizer)
Feature Film: We consider features to be longer than 44 minutes and no longer than 180 minutes, and may consist of any of the genre listed in our categories. We understand not all films fit perfectly into a given category, so if you do not see a category that you feel properly categorizes your film, please select the closest you can.
Short Film: We consider films longer than 1 minute and shorter than 45 minutes, and may consist of any of the genres listed in our categories. We understand not all films fit perfectly into a given category, so if you do not see a category that you feel properly categorizes your film, please select the closest you can.
When submitting screeners please be aware that the festival will reject films containing hate-speech, explicit sex, full-frontal nudity and/or gratuitous violence.
Films are selected on the merit of their story (or main idea/theme), their entertainment value, and their production value. To see more detail of how we make our selections, screen film submissions and theme of our event, please visit our website at filmstockfilmfestival.com/submissions. Festival Organizers reserve final say on event selections.
Submission fees will NOT be refunded for disqualified or rejected film submissions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I am concurrently submitting to the Filmstock Film Festival (hereinafter to be referred to as the "Festival") with this release form, my motion picture (entitled above, hereinafter to be referred to as the "Material"). I hereby attest that I understand and agree to each of the below provisions.
1. I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements of the category(s) for which I would like this film to be considered.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3. This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its competition and understand that the Festival holds the right to screen my film for Festival screening and promotional purposes and to extract clips from this film for promotional purposes. I understand this may include online streaming of clips on Festival or Festival sponsor sites.
5. Certificate based awards may be given out to members of my cast and crew.
6. In the event that any designated party is unable to attend the awards ceremony, I understand that the director and/or producer of the film as listed in the credits of the film may accept, unless I express otherwise, any and all awards in their stead.
7. I hereby state that: a) the Material was created and is owned free and clear of all other interests only by me, the submitter; and b) I have full right to submit the Material to you and to comply with this Agreement. I will fully reimburse you if you incur any losses, damages, or expenses (including lawyers' fees) because any or all of the statements made by me in this Agreement are not true. I hereby state that I own every aspect of the submitted film to include its score (musical accompaniments). If I am not the owner of any element of the work I have acquired and have attached all proper, legal permissions.
8. In the event litigation should somehow ensue from such submitted materials, the producers of the submitted project agree to exonerate and indemnify the Filmstock Film Festival, and James A Lee, and any other of its organizers, from any liability.
9. Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any film or remove it from the festival screening if it is in breech of the festival rules or the rules set forth by this agreement. Films may also be disqualified if they are submitted in incorrect format, over-length, or by measure of their content threaten to represent the festival in a negative fashion; Films that contain aberrant sex, nudity or realistic violence, or that demonstrate or propagate hateful social or political ideals may be instantaneously disqualified by festival organizers.
10. The festival DOES NOT guarantee that any film will be accepted and shown as an official selection. All films are subject to an in-depth and objective screening process.
‐‐‐‐You have made no representation, oral or written, of any kind to me. This Agreement states our entire agreement.