PETITION THIS FEST • CLICK HERE to be counted as an anonymous
"petition" – encouraging this event to "evolutionize" its
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
After two successful years of running LA Film + Music Weekend our team has gone digital. Our all new digital distribution platform is curated for the indie film community and will launch with a month long film competition!
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Indie Film Depot team bears a combined experience in the film and entertainment industry as producers, directors, writers, and actors and more. From our background in the entertainment industry, to our design and implementation of successful brand marketing campaigns, the LA Film + Music Weekend team possesses the expertise to garner the exposure, attendance, and atmosphere necessary to successfully showcase your film and gain priceless exposure.
Following two very successful years hosting LA Film + Music Weekend in both Beverly Hills and Downtown Los Angeles, we have moved our focus to the digital world! Our team has been developing our digital distribution platform for the past two years and will offer a curated outlet for independent filmmakers to gain exposure in a controlled environment that accepts only high quality film content. For our launch, however we will be going back to our roots in the festival world and offering a digital film competition.
This will be new ground as all films will be on display for a 30 day period. You can win prizes for most popular by gaining the highest number of views in this period, the audience favorite by gaining the most likes within this period and as always, we will have standard jury prizes that will be determined by our panel. Thousands of dollars worth of prizes will be up for grabs along with the first opportunity to take advantage of the newest digital digital community where independent film will thrive!
Brandon Stevenson (Festival Registrar); Daniel Lisberger (Festival Registrar)
1. Acceptance of a film does not grant airline or hotel accommodations for talent or production crew.
2. LA Film + Music Weekend is responsible for the one-way shipment of the print, within the USA following the festival.
3. All films accepted are press-screened. You will be asked to send up to four additional DVD’s for press/voter viewing.
4. All films are subject to reviews.
5. The number of screenings, days and venues is at the sole discretion of LA Film Weekend.
6. Due to high administrative and shipping costs, submission videos and materials will not be returned.
7. We will not transfer PAL for viewing - send NTSC format only.
8. It is cost-prohibitive for the festival to insure individual prints. Make sure you have your own insurance.
9. Films that have been previously released in theaters or broadcast on television before are prohibited.
10. Please note that the submission deadline are not postmark deadlines, but actual receiving dates.
11. Films must be submitted in DVD (NTSC only). Title must be on case and DVD.
12. All entries must be in either English or have English subtitles.
13. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
14. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the film for promotional use on television, radio, in print, internet and at live Festival events.
15. Only complete entries will be processed. This includes entry fee, entry form and two DVD copies.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
LA Film + Music Weekend is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt, names, photographs and any/all material from any film submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, internet and at live events .
The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless LA Film + Music Weekend from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.