CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|A "creative treatment of actuality". A nonfictional film intended to document some aspect of reality, primarily for the purposes of instruction or maintaining a historical record.
|We are accepting films of all genres for consideration with a running time of no more than 45 minutes. Shorts will be playing throughout the festival. If your short focuses on a social issue, is a family PG orientated film or animation, Wisconsin made, Documentary or Native American film please be sure to enter in those appropriate categories.
We are also considering a Saturday night screening selection of horror or cult films with enough appropriate entries.
|We are accepting films in all genres for consideration with a running time of 45 minutes or longer. We will be playing a variety of features and hope to give our audiences a well-rounded selection!
Features will be playing throughout the festival with one selection kicking off this event. If your feature focuses is a family PG orientated film, Wisconsin made, Documentary, Native American or fits our "In Focus" (LGBT,Women's, or Avant-Guarde) please be sure to enter in those appropriate categories.
We are also considering a Saturday night screening selection of horror or cult films with enough appropriate entries.
|We would like to show Animated films, shorts and features for children and families. Material must be PG appropriate.
|As part of our mission to help, instruct & support local filmmakers, we are looking for films made in Wisconsin and/or films made by Wisconsin filmmakers. These can be features or shorts of any genre. Please be sure to include your submission in the Wisconsin category!
|Native American Films
|The Oneida Nation has sponsored this category to include Native American Filmmakers or films about Native Americans. This is a unique opportunity for Native Filmmakers to show their works and gain support thru a Film Friendly Nation.
|"In Focus" is a new category created to expand our community awareness. Films that focus on issues/awareness for women, LGBT, or are Avant-Guarde are encouraged to submit in this category. You do not need to match all of these niches, but at least one.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The mission of the Green Bay Film Festival is to provide a rich cultural and educational experience for our community and visitors while promoting Green Bay as a hub for film making and film appreciation.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
GREEN BAY FILM FESTIVAL
You are cordially invited to attend the 4th Annual Green Bay Film Festival, taking place February 21-23, 2014 at the beautiful Radisson Hotel and Convention Center (located right next to the airport).
Now in it's 4th year this Festival presents a variety of experiences in one location! Showing many genre's of films, this festival also includes talk backs, seminars, awards, parties, networking all In typical Midwest fashion! You are our guest extraordinaire!
You have the opportunity to make your name and film known to a community thirsty for talent with a thriving knowledgeable film base.
As one filmmaker said last year, “Green Bay is the perfect place to host a film festival. The talent is real and everyone’s doors are open.” We couldn’t agree more.
See you there!
Alex Zacarias (Chairperson)
; Chuck Carver (Treasurer)
; Cyndee Sweetland (Festival Registrar, Director)
; Jay Schillinger (Founder)
; Michelle Danforth (Marketing & Tourism Director)
Additional rules not already specified are as follows:
**It is highly recommended that one or more representatives involved with the production of the film attend the festival.
SUBMITTING TO THE 2014, 4th Annual
GREEN BAY FILM FESTIVAL
1) WHEN ARE THE SUBMISSION DEADLINES AND WHAT ARE THE FEES?
EARLYBIRD SUBMISSION DEADLINE: August 15, 2013 - $12 ENTRY FEE
REGULAR SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 4th, 2013 - $15 ENTRY FEE
LATE SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 25th, 2013 - $20 ENTRY FEE
WAB EXTENDED SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 31st, 2013 - $30 ENTRY FEE.
All Submissions must be in house by November 9th to be considered for the festival. We handle all submissions fairly and equally, regardless of which deadline you choose. Late submissions are processed and screened in exactly the same manner as official submissions are‐‐ the only difference is the higher submission fee. We encourage you to submit as early as possible!
We will not view your film until payment is received.
Please be sure that your DVD or SOS upload works correctly all the way thru. We encourage you to review Film Festival Submission Tips online at www.fauxfilm.com/tips prior to sending in your submission.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SUBMISSION CATEGORIES AND ARE THERE AWARDS?
In our 3rd year we are offering 7 categories. Please select one category per film submission. Please check the category rules for further information and details.
A feature film of any genre with a running time of at least 46 minutes.
A short film of any genre with a running time of not more than 45 minutes.
A "creative treatment of actuality". A nonfictional film intended to document some aspect of reality, primarily for the purposes of instruction or maintaining a historical record.
CHILDREN / FAMILY FILMS
Animated films and Regular film shorts and features for children and families. Material must be PG appropriate.
WISCONSIN MADE FILMS
As part of our mission to help, instruct & support local filmmakers, we are looking for films made in Wisconsin and/or films made by Wisconsin filmmakers.
NATIVE AMERICAN FILMS
The Oneida Nation has sponsored this category to include Native American Filmmakers or films about Native Americans.
We are looking for films that will enlighten our audience on any Womens, LGBT awareness and issues. We are also looking for Avant-Guarde Films. They can be from any country and should fit in any of the three areas in focus.
Awards will be presented at a formal ceremony on Sunday following the last films completion.
An “Audience Choice Award” will be presented to one film in each category.
Best Screen Play, Best Director, and Best Cinematography trophies will be awarded. These will be juried by a select group of judges.
3) CAN YOU BE PRESENT AT THE FESTIVAL? Please do! We have set up the festival to be filmmaker friendly with plenty of press, interfacing with other filmmakers, seminars, and audience interaction.
We offer two seminars specific to our filmmakers to learn about what is going on in the industry today, to connect, network and learn.
We would like to provide our audience with the opportunity to learn more about a variety of film types and filmmaking. We are including question and answer periods after the showings as well as opportunities for our viewers and sponsors to interact with filmmakers. We will be looking for films that can also provide a representative at the festival. This can be the writer, producer, director, and/or cast members from the production.
4) DOES MY FILM HAVE TO BE A PREMIERE?
No, your film does not have to be a premiere to be shown at our festival. It can be a film that has already been screened or shown at other festivals.
5) YOUR FILM CAN BE UNDER A DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT.
6) YOUR FILM CAN BE FROM ANY COUNTRY EXCEPT IN THE CATEGORY OF WISCONSIN MADE. NATIVE AMERICAN FILMS CAN BE FROM NORTH OR SOUTH AMERICA.
7) DO I HAVE TO OBTAIN RIGHTS CLEARANCE FOR MUSIC OR OTHER COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IN MY FILM?
From a legal standpoint, you must clear all copyrighted material included in your film before you can publicly screen it. However, the Green Bay Film Festival does not check to make sure that you have cleared these materials at any point during the application process, nor will we be held responsible for any inclusion of un-cleared materials in your film. It is the sole responsibility of the entity submitting the project to secure permission from the copyright holder of the material in question, whether it is music, stock footage, or any other elements that could violate an existing copyright. Quite often, rights holders offer reduced rates for festival films, so you should contact them directly to avoid any possible rights infringements.
8) IF MY FILM INCLUDES NON‐ENGLISH DIALOGUE, DO YOU REQUIRE ENGLISH SUBTITLES?
We ask that if your film includes non-English dialogue that you provide either English subtitles or an English dubbed version.
9) WHAT IS YOUR PREFERRED FORMAT FOR SUBMISSION?
Films should be submitted to us on a single DVD‐R or DVD+R disc, and we would prefer that they be sent in a simple paper CD/DVD sleeve in order to cut down on waste. Once we receive your DVD, the case or sleeve will be recycled, so it doesn’t matter what type of packaging you use to submit your disc. DVDs must be compatible with standard set‐top DVD players‐‐ do not simply burn a QuickTime or AVI file to a disc as data. Please ensure that your disc plays in a standard DVD player before you mail it to us! Films/DVD's will not be returned.
10) WE ACCEPT NTSC REGION 0 OR 1 FORMAT ONLY.
11) CAN I UPLOAD MY FILM INSTEAD OF SENDING A DVD?
Yes, but you must use the Secure Online Screener system available to you within your Withoutabox account. We will not accept a link to your film on YouTube or any other video streaming or download site.
12) DO YOU ACCEPT SUBMISSIONS IN VHS OR ANY OTHER FORMAT?
No. Films must be submitted on either a standard DVD‐R/DVD+R disc, or via the Withoutabox Secure Online Screener system. For the purposes of reviewing your initial submission, we cannot accept Blu‐Ray, VHS, Beta, Mini‐DV, HD‐CAM, 16mm, 35mm or any other format not referenced in items 15 and 17 above.
13) CAN I ARRANGE A SCREENING OF MY FILM INSTEAD OF SENDING A DVD?
No. We can only screen submitted films on DVD or via Withoutabox’s Secure Online Screener system.
14) WHAT SHOULD I INCLUDE WITH MY SUBMISSION?
After you have completed the online application, all we will need from you is your film, along with a copy of the confirmation page that was sent to you upon completion of the application. Be sure to include any other information required within your category. Please do not use a paper label on your disc! There are many different variables with stickers and paper labels that could render your disc unplayable‐‐ a permanent marker (such as a Sharpie) will work just fine.
Discs with text or graphics printed directly on the surface are also acceptable. Please write or print your film's title and tracking number directly on the face of the disc AND on the outside of the envelope that you send it in! YOU CAN REFER TO www.fauxfilms.com/tips FOR FILMMAKER SUBMISSION TIPS.
15) WILL YOU NEED A PRESS KIT?
We will require a press kit, but only after your film is accepted. In order to publicize your film we will need your press kit within one week after notification. The press kit should be digital and include any production still photos, artwork, photo of the director, a biography/filmography of the director, producer and writer. Please include any fliers, posters, and press clippings you might have.
16) WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO GET MY DVD TO PLAY?
We will make every effort to play your DVD, but in the event that we are unable to view your film, we will contact you to request another copy using the primary contact information that you provided on your application. However, there is no guarantee that we will get your replacement disc in time, and we must give preference to those who sent in a working copy to begin with. For this reason, we ask that you make absolutely sure that your disc plays all the way through BEFORE you submit it to us!
17) HOW MANY FILMS CAN I SUBMIT?
You may submit as many films as you'd like, but you only need to create one account. We do not offer reduced rates in fees for multiple submissions. If you submit three films, you must pay the submission fees for all three of them. Please do not submit multiple projects on the same DVD.
18) WHAT IF MY CONTACT INFORMATION OR ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT MY SUBMISSION CHANGES AFTER I'VE FILLED OUT THE APPLICATION?
You may log into your account at www.withoutabox.com at any time to update or revise your application.
19) WHEN WILL I FIND OUT IF MY FILM WAS SELECTED?
We will contact you via e‐mail by approximately December 20th, 2013. Please make sure that the e‐mail address you provided on your application will be operational at that time. If your e‐mail address changes, you may log into your account and update it at any time.
20) DOES IT MATTER IF MY FILM IS LOW BUDGET AND DOESN'T FEATURE ANY CELEBRITIES?
Absolutely not! If your account is paid in full and there are no playability issues with your DVD, YOUR FILM WILL BE SCREENED in its entirety and given the same level of consideration as any other film that is sent to us. It doesn't matter if you have an agent, manager, or publicist either‐‐ we screen all films equally and fairly, regardless of who you know.
21) IF I FILL OUT THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND NEVER SEND MY FILM TO YOU, CAN I GET A REFUND OF THE APPLICATION FEE?
No. The application fee is non‐refundable.
22) WHEN DOES THE 2014 GREEN BAY FILM FESTIVAL TAKE PLACE?
The Festival will take place in Green Bay, Wisconsin on February 21st – 23rd, 2014. We hope to see you there!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions:
1. I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements of the categories for which I would like this film to be considered.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3. This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its Competition and understand if accepted, that the Festival holds the right to screen my film for Festival screening and non-commercial promotional purposes and to extract clips from this film for promotional purposes.
5. I understand that the Green Bay Film Festival and Film Green Bay are not responsible for any type of damage to or loss of the print during screenings, at any other time during the course of the Festival, while the film is in the Festival's possession or while en route to or from the Festival, and I release Green Bay Film Festival and Film Green Bay from any and all liabilities regarding damage to or loss of the print while en route to/from the Festival or while it is in their possession.
6. Should this film win an award at the Green Bay Film Festival, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film to name the individual(s) listed on the Award Designation List (to be received upon notice of selection to Festival) to receive any and all award(s). If a film is eligible for an award and no one was designated to accept the award, the award will be deemed forfeit and another award winner will be chosen.
7. In the event the designated party is unable to attend the awards ceremony, I understand that the director and/or producer of the film as listed in the credits of the film shall accept any and all awards in their stead.
8. If selected as a participant in the Festival, television ready media clips of the film must be provided by the date provided on notice of selection.
9. I am aware Festival may provide critics an opportunity to review films prior to the Festival
10. I understand that shipping charges of the screening copy of my film to the Festival are my responsibility and the Festival will not return my film to me.