DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
|A "creative treatment of actuality". A nonfictional film intended to document some aspect of reality, primarily for the purposes of instruction or maintaining a historical record.
|We are accepting films of all genres for consideration with a running time of no more than 45 minutes. Shorts will be playing throughout the festival. If your short focuses on a social issue, is a family PG orientated film or animation, Wisconsin made, Documentary or Native American film please be sure to enter in those appropriate categories.
We are also considering a Saturday night screening selection of horror or cult films with enough appropriate entries.
|We are accepting films in all genres for consideration with a running time of 45 minutes or longer. We will be playing a variety of features and hope to give our audiences a well-rounded selection!
Features will be playing throughout the festival with one selection opening the festival. If your feature focus is a family PG orientated film, Wisconsin made, Documentary, Native American or fits our "In Focus" (LGBT,Women's, Sports or Avant-Garde) please be sure to enter in those appropriate categories.
We also play a Saturday night screening selection of horror or cult films.
|We would like to show Animated films, shorts and features for children and families. Material must be PG appropriate.
|As part of our mission to help, instruct & support local filmmakers, we are looking for films made in Wisconsin and/or films made by Wisconsin filmmakers. These can be features or shorts of any genre. Please be sure to include your submission in the Wisconsin category!
|Native American Films
|The Oneida Nation has sponsored this category to include Native American Filmmakers or films about Native Americans. This is a unique opportunity for Native Filmmakers to show their works and gain support thru a Film Friendly Nation.
|"In Focus" is a new category created to expand our community awareness. Films that focus on issues/awareness for women, LGBT, Sports or are Avant Garde are encouraged to submit in this category. You do not need to match all of these niches, but at least one.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The mission of the Green Bay Film Festival is to provide a rich cultural and educational experience for our community and visitors while promoting Green Bay as a hub for film making and film appreciation.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
You are cordially invited to attend the 5th Annual Green Bay Film Festival, taking place March 6-8, 2015 at the beautiful Radisson Hotel and Convention Center (located right next to the airport).
Now in it's 5th year this Festival presents a variety of experiences in one location! Showing many genre's of films, this festival also includes talk backs, seminars, awards, parties, networking all In typical Midwest fashion! You are our guest extraordinaire!
You have the opportunity to make your name and film known to a community thirsty for talent with a thriving knowledgeable film base.
As one filmmaker said last year, “Green Bay is the perfect place to host a film festival. The talent is real and everyone’s doors are open.” We couldn’t agree more.
See you there!
Alex Zacarias (Chairperson)
; Cyndee Sweetland (Festival Registrar, Director)
; Jay Schillinger (Founder)
Additional rules not already specified are as follows:
Submissions in all categories must be received by the end of the day on November 2, 2014. Absolutely no late submissions will be considered after this date. All submissions must be received through Withoutabox, Submittable and FilmFreeway. You may submit a vimeo link & password thru WAB by including it on your cover letter.
For specific contest rules for The Future Filmmakers competition for high school, middle and primary school students (not college students), please click here: Future Filmmakers.
CAN YOU BE PRESENT AT THE FESTIVAL? Please do! We have set up the festival to be filmmaker friendly with plenty of press, interfacing with other filmmakers, seminars, and audience interaction. We offer two seminars specific to our filmmakers to learn about what is going on in the industry today, to connect, network and learn. We would like to provide our audience with the opportunity to learn more about a variety of film types and filmmaking. We are including question and answer periods after the showings as well as opportunities for our viewers and sponsors to interact with filmmakers. We will be looking for films that can also provide a representative at the festival. This can be the writer, producer, director, and/or cast members from the production.
The GBFF reserves the right to determine eligibility of any work submitted. All films submitted must have a completion date after March 1, 2013. Preferred format for screening copies are: WAB-upload file to secure screener or you can provide a vimeo link & password on WAB in your cover letter, Submittable or Filmfreeway- uploaded file or online link – preferably Vimeo or YouTube. You may also send a DVD. We accept NTSC Region 0 or 1 format only..
IF MY FILM INCLUDES NON‐ENGLISH DIALOGUE, DO YOU REQUIRE ENGLISH SUBTITLES?
We ask that if your film includes non-English dialogue that you provide either English subtitles or an English dubbed version.
We must receive your entry fee prior to accepting your film for submission. Please make your payment online. You may send a check to the address below. Your fee is non-refundable.
DVD's may be mailed for screening. Be sure you label your DVD with the submission number and title of your film. You must also include your name & contact information. Please play your DVD's prior to sending to insure they play. You can mail your DVD to:
Green Bay Film Festival
211 N. Broadway St. Ste 218
Green Bay, WI 54313
Please be sure your DVD or Upload works successfully. We will offer a notification with an opportunity to remedy, but it will probably have an impact our screeners. Otherwise they will be disqualified.
Should your contact information change, please log into your account platform (Withoutabox, Submittable, or FilmFreeway) and make the changes as soon as possible. We like to follow up with filmmakers and inform them of their status.
You may submit as many films as you like. Each film can only be submitted into one category. We do not offer reduced rates for multiple submissions. Please upload each film separately, or put each film on a separate DVD.
Films selected for screening at the Festival will be notified no later than January 15, 2015. All attending filmmakers will be provided with two all-access pass to the 2015 GBFF, good from March 6-8, 2015, as well as a Gala Evening Pass. Awards will be presented on Sunday, March 8.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions:
1. I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements of the categories for which I would like this film to be considered.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3. This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its Competition and understand if accepted, that the Festival holds the right to screen my film for Festival screening and non-commercial promotional purposes and to extract clips from this film for promotional purposes.
5. I understand that the Green Bay Film Festival and Film Green Bay are not responsible for any type of damage to or loss of the print during screenings, at any other time during the course of the Festival, while the film is in the Festival's possession or while en route to or from the Festival, and I release Green Bay Film Festival and Film Green Bay from any and all liabilities regarding damage to or loss of the print while en route to/from the Festival or while it is in their possession.
6. Should this film win an award at the Green Bay Film Festival, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film to name the individual(s) listed on the Award Designation List (to be received upon notice of selection to Festival) to receive any and all award(s). If a film is eligible for an award and no one was designated to accept the award, the award will be deemed forfeit and another award winner will be chosen.
7. In the event the designated party is unable to attend the awards ceremony, I understand that the director and/or producer of the film as listed in the credits of the film shall accept any and all awards in their stead.
8. If selected as a participant in the Festival, television ready media clips of the film must be provided by the date provided on notice of selection.
9. I am aware Festival may provide critics an opportunity to review films prior to the Festival
10. I understand that shipping charges of the screening copy of my film to the Festival are my responsibility and the Festival will not return my film to me.