EVENT NOW IN PROGRESS!
• This event is happening right now. For more information,
click to the event\'s Home Page.
|A "creative treatment of actuality". A nonfictional film intended to document some aspect of reality, to instruction or maintain a historical record. Documentaries can be any length and originate from any country
*This Category competes in Juried and Audience Choice - GBFF 2019 Titletown Award for Best Documentary and for short documentaries under 30 min the GBFF 2019 Audience Choice Award for Best Documentary Short
|We are accepting short films of all genres for consideration with a running time of no more than 30 minutes. Films can be from any country. Shorts will be playing throughout the festival. If your short is a Children & Family PG oriented film, Animation, Wisconsin made, Documentary, or Thriller/Horror, please be sure to submit in the suitable category.
*This Category competes in GBFF 2019 Audience Choice Award for Best Narrative Short and the GBFF 2019 Titletown Award for Best Film ‘Favorite of the Fest”
|We are accepting feature films for consideration with a running time of 45 minutes or longer from any country. We will be playing a variety of features and hope to give our audiences a well-rounded selection! Features will be playing throughout the festival with one selection kicking off on opening night. If your film is a Children & Family PG oriented film, Animation, Wisconsin made, Documentary, Cultural or Thriller/Horror, please be sure to submit in that category for a better opportunity for selection.
*This Category competes in Juried and Audience Choice - GBFF 2019 Titletown Award for Best Feature and GBFF 2019Titletown Award for Best Film ‘Favorite of the Fest”
|As part of our mission to encourage & support local filmmakers, we are looking for films made in Wisconsin and/or films made by Wisconsin filmmakers. These can be features or shorts of any genre. If you don’t put your film under this category, we won’t be able to give you the special consideration we like to offer Wisconsin’s talent! If your film is a Thriller or Horror film, we ask that you submit in the Thriller/Horror category for our special Saturday night event.
*This Category competes in Juried and Audience Choice -– Wisconsin’s Own Best of the Fest Award.
|A lively or excited quality. A way of making a movie by using a series of drawings, computer graphics, or photographs of objects (such as puppets or models) that are slightly different from one another and that when viewed quickly one after another create the appearance of movement. We love this definition!
*This Category competes for the Juried & Audience Choice combined Animation Favorite of the Festival Award.
|Thriller & Horror Short Films
|Our Saturday night Thriller /Horror films have become a traditional event. If your film fits in this category be sure to sign up here!
*This Category competes in Juried and Audience Choice - GBFF 2019 Audience Choice Award for Best Short Horror and the GBFF 2019Titletown Award for Best Film ‘Favorite of the Fest”
|Children & Family Short Films
|We offer a special opportunity for families to introduce their children to independent films. If your story is directed to entertain Children, then this category is perfect for you. Please be sure that the material is PG appropriate. Films can be any length but should engage the attention span of children. *This Category competes in Juried selection- GBFF2019 Titletown Award for Best Short Film 4 Families
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The mission of the Green Bay Film Festival is to provide a rich cultural and educational experience for our community and visitors while promoting Green Bay as a hub for film making and film appreciation.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Join us for the Nineth Annual Green Bay Film Festival.
GBFF festival takes place over several weeks starting mid-January and wrapping up March of 2019. Specially selected films have an opportunity to be played in the festival segment called "Films Around Town" (playing in various venues around town) leading up to a weekend event March 1-3, 2018 at St. Norbert College.
This year the 2016 festival succesfullyprovided more filmmaker networking opportunities for filmmakers over the March weekend, which we will repeat this year! More events, engagements and seminars all within walking distance of the St. Norbert college venues. We also provide the filmmaker “Green Room” where your conversation and networking continues throughout the weekend!
GBFF has a multitude of categories! We have specific category types so your film has a better opportunity to get selected. So, if you find your film fits in Animation, Children & Family Shorts,Dodumentaries, Thriller/Horror or is a Wisconsin made film, you’ll want to be sure to select that option! GBFF always has a Short film segments, documentaries and features playing during their weekend sessions. Plus, be sure to consider submitting to GBFF's ever popular Saturday Night THRILLER & HORROR segment.
This Year's Categories Are:
ANIMATION • • CHILDREN & FAMILY SHORTS• DOCUMENTARIES • FEATURES • SHORTS • THRILLER & HORROR Shorts • WISCONSIN’S OWN
We hope you will attend and help us create an experience that goes beyond "watching a movie"! We connect filmmakers and audiences in a community setting! We include “talkbacks” following the films between our filmmakers and audiences, we bring in specialists from various fields.
We delight in giving our Filmmakers extraordinary welcomes in traditional Midwest fashion. Make your Name and Film headlines to a community thirsty for talent with a thriving knowledgeable film base.
As one filmmaker said, “Green Bay is the perfect place to host a film festival. The talent is real and everyone’s doors are open.” We couldn’t agree more.
Cyndee Sweetland (Festival Registrar, Director); Cyndee Sweetland (Festival Registrar, Director); Kadia Puetz; Larry Boehm; Leslie Olma (President of the Board 2016-17)
Submissions in all categories must be received by the end of the day on September 16, 2017. Absolutely no late submissions will be considered after this date. All submissions must be received through Withoutabox
We must receive your entry fee prior to accepting your film for submission. Please make your payment online or you may send a check to the address below. Your fee is non-refundable.
Green Bay Film Festival
P.O. Box 28526
Green Bay, WI 54324-8526
Please be sure your Upload works successfully. We will offer a notification with an opportunity to remedy, but it will affect our screeners. If we don’t hear from you within a reasonable period of time your film will be disqualified.
Should your contact information change, please log into your account platform in which you submitted and make the changes as soon as possible. We like to follow up with filmmakers and inform them of their status. We often find that submitters use an email address that they don’t frequently use, thus it is difficult to reach them when we notify acceptances. Please use an email address that we can contact you and receive a response from you quickly.
You may submit as many films as you like. Each film can only be submitted into one category. We do not offer reduced rates for multiple submissions. Please upload each film separately.
Films selected for screening at the Festival will be notified no later than November 20, 2017. We will begin contacting filmmakers starting October 20th to verify eligibility. Should we not hear from you within one week of the notification, your film may be replaced on the schedule.
All attending filmmakers will be provided with two all-access
passes to the 2018 GBFF, good for all screenings from January thru March and includes all seminars, events and parties.
Animation — Children/Family SHORT FILMS— Cultural – Documentary – Features — Shorts –Thriller/Horror SHORTS – Wisconsin’s Own
CAN YOU BE PRESENT AT THE FESTIVAL?
We offer a variety of opportunities for networking, interaction and education for everyone who attends. We hope you will consider attending and we will ask if you can attend prior to committing your film to a special segment. We will be looking for films that can provide a representative at the festival. This includes the writer, producer, director, and/or cast members from the production.
TALKBACKS, SEMINARS, & MARKETING
We have set up the festival to be filmmaker friendly with plenty of press, interfacing with other filmmakers, seminars, and audience interaction. We offer seminars to learn about what is going on in the industry today, to connect, network and learn. We would like to provide our audience with the opportunity to learn more about a variety of film types and filmmaking. We are including question and answer periods after the showings as well as opportunities for our viewers and sponsors to interact with filmmakers.
ELIGIBILITY & FORMAT
The GBFF reserves the right to determine eligibility of any work submitted. All films submitted must have a completion date after January 1, 2016. Our jury will review your screener upload film online. Your upload type will be dependent on the platform you choose. Our exhibition format is based on the projection equipment we use. If you are selected to screen we will send you the specific requirements.
IF MY FILM INCLUDES NON‐ENGLISH DIALOGUE, DO YOU REQUIRE ENGLISH SUBTITLES?
We ask that if your film includes non-English dialogue that you provide either English subtitles or an English dubbed version.
Films will compete in noted categories and be awarded a memorable trophy:
GBFF 2019 Titletown Award for Best Feature
GBFF 2019 Titletown Award for Best Documentary
GBFF 2019Titletown Award for Best Film ‘Favorite of the Fest”
GBFF2019 Titletown Award for Best Short Film 4 Families
GBFF 2019Titletown Award for Best WISCONSIN’S OWN FILM
GBFF 2019 Audience Choice Award for Best Short Horror
GBFF 2019 Audience Choice Award for Best Narrative Short
GBFF 2019 Audience Choice Award for Best Animated Short
GBFF 2019 Audience Choice Award for Best Documentary Short
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Green Bay Film Festival does not select the category you are competing in. Your category selection when submitting your film determines which category you compete in. Note: if GBFF feels that your film fits into a different category, you will be notified with an option to change. Please review the categories to insure your film fits the appropriate category.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BY SUBMITTING YOUR FILM, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms and Conditions are written such that; I or my represents the (Filmmaker) and that Film Green Bay/ Green Bay Film Festival may also be represented by (Festival, FGB/GBFF).
1. I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements of the categories for which I would like this film to be considered.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3. This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its Competition and understand if accepted, that the Festival holds the right to screen my film for all Festival screenings, this includes the festival’s Films Around Town Series and weekend at St. Norbert College. If accepted my film may be shown once or twice during this festival period from January thru March of the current festival year.
5. Should my film be accepted, a trailer will be requested for non-commercial promotional purposes. The festival may extract clips from my film or use submitted images for festival promotional purposes only, during the sales and promotional period in which the festival plays my film.
6. Should my film be selected, I will notify GBFF of all screenings and distribution that will be taking place prior to my film playing at the festival. I understand that should the festival determine that some screenings and distribution interfere with the festivals ability to draw an audience, they will request that my film will be withdrawn.I understand that the festival does not pay screening fees and that should I submit my film and it is selected to play that I will provide an exhibition copy to be shown for one, possibly two screenings without fees.
7. While the festival does not require a printed disc of my film, I understand that should I send GBFF or FGB a disc, the Green Bay Film Festival and Film Green Bay are not responsible for any type of damage to or loss of the print during screenings, at any other time during the course of the Festival, while the film is in the Festival's possession or while en route to or from the Festival, and I release Green Bay Film Festival and Film Green Bay from any and all liabilities regarding damage to or loss of the print while en route to/from the Festival or while it is in their possession.
8. In the event the designated party is unable to attend the awards ceremony; I understand that any party representing the film as listed in the credits of the film shall accept any and all awards in their stead.
9. I must clear all copyrighted material included in your film before I can publicly screen it. The Green Bay Film Festival does not check to make sure that I have cleared these materials at any point during the application process, nor will GBFF or FGB be held responsible for any inclusion of un-cleared materials in my film. It is the sole responsibility of the entity submitting the project to secure permission from the copyright holder of the material in question, whether it is music, stock footage, or any other elements that could violate an existing copyright. Quite often, rights holders offer reduced rates for festival films, so I should contact them directly to avoid any possible rights infringements.
10. I am aware Festival may provide critics an opportunity to review films prior to the Festival.
11. I understand that should I send a disc to the festival that the Festival will not return my film to me.
Submissions: Vimeo, YouTube, and Withoutabox’s high-quality digital online submission platform. Our jury screens online films only. Please make sure your uploaded file works correctly. If you have any problems with WAB secure online screener, please contact WAB; the festival cannot help you with this.
Exhibition Copies to show at Festival:
All films will be shown as an electronic file via a projector in mp4 or mov. Please be sure you read the technical specifications on how to submit your exhibition copy should you be selected.
Trailers: If you are selected we encourage you to send your trailer. (Please, no longer than One minute.) Trailers should be submitted as an electronic file in either mp4 or mov format.