SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
|A "creative treatment of actuality". A nonfictional film intended to document some aspect of reality, primarily to instruct or maintain a historical record.
|We are accepting films of all genres for consideration with a running time of no more than 45 minutes. Films can be from any country. Shorts will be playing throughout the festival. If your short is a Children & Family PG oriented film, Animation, Wisconsin made, Documentary, Native American, Thriller/Horror, or Social Issue (see "IN FOCUS"), please be sure to submit in the suitable category. Saturday nights ever popular Thriller & Horror Films will now be included as a separate category!
We are also have a Saturday night screening selection of horror or cult films!
|We are accepting feature films for consideration with a running time of 45 minutes or longer from any country. We will be playing a variety of features and hope to give our audiences a well-rounded selection! Features will be playing throughout the festival with one selection kicking off on opening night. If your short is a Children & Family PG oriented film, Animation, Wisconsin made, Documentary, Native American, Thriller/Horror, or Social Issue (see "IN FOCUS"), please be sure to submit in the suitable category. Saturday nights ever-popular Thriller & Horror Films will now be included as a separate category!
We are also have a Saturday night screening selection of horror or cult films!
|We offer a special opportunity for families to introduce their children to independent films. If your story is directed to entertain Children then this category is perfect for you. Please be sure that the material is PG appropriate. Films can be any length but should engage the attention span of children. IF your film is an animation, please use the Animation Category. Your film still may play with Children and Family films.
|As part of our mission to encourage & support local filmmakers, we are looking for films made in Wisconsin and/or films made by Wisconsin filmmakers. These can be features or shorts of any genre. Please be sure to include your submission in the Wisconsin category! If your film is a Thriller or Horror film, we ask that you use this new category for our special Saturday night event.
|Native American Films
|GBFF supports and encourages Native American Filmmakers and films about Native Americans to enter into this category.
|"IN FOCUS" is a category created to expand our community awareness. This year we are highlighting films on the topics of "Solidarity: United We Stand", Masculinity, and Hot Topics! Talkbacks, Seminars and other programs may be formed around these films.
|Animation returns with the success of this category at the 2016 festival! We hope you will enlighten us with all kinds of animation.
|Thriller & Horror
|Our Saturday night Thriller Horror films have become a traditional event. That's why we've created a special NEW category just for these exciting films.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The mission of the Green Bay Film Festival is to provide a rich cultural and educational experience for our community and visitors while promoting Green Bay as a hub for film making and film appreciation.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Join us for the Seventh Annual Green Bay Film Festival.
GBFF festival weekend takes place March 2-5, 2017. Specially selected films submitted will have an opportunity to be a part of the "Films Around Town" series leading up to the festival. In addition, award winning favorites will have additional presentations following the Festival for their spring series. This has successfully lengthened opportunities for independent film screenings in Northeast Wisconsin.
Now in it's 7th year GBFF has a multitude of categories. Famous for showing Short films throughout the weekend, GBFF presents all types of Features and Documentaries. This includes the special categories of CHILDREN'S FILMS, NATIVE AMERICAN FILMS, ANIMATION and IN FOCUS (Social Issues such as Solidarity; “We Stand Together”, Masculinity and Hot Topics). This year we have added a special category to highlight GBFF's ever popular Saturday Night THRILLER & HORROR segment.
Our focus is to create an experience that goes beyond "watching a movie"! We connect filmmakers and audiences in a community setting! Not only do we include “talkbacks” following the films between our filmmakers and audiences, we've brought in specialists in various fields to discuss the issues. We've also created a community room where conversation and networking continues! We offer opportunities to learn more from other professionals. Our previous seminars have included the latest technology, understanding how to work with composers, how to pitch your story, film financing and more. The weekend is filled with many genre's of films, talk backs, seminars, awards, parties, networking all in typical Midwest fashion. You are our guest extraordinaire!
Make your Name and Film headlines to a community thirsty for talent with a thriving knowledgeable film base.
As one filmmaker said last year, “Green Bay is the perfect place to host a film festival. The talent is real and everyone’s doors are open.” We couldn’t agree more.
See you there!
Cyndee Sweetland (Festival Registrar, Director); Cyndee Sweetland (Festival Registrar, Director); Larry Boehm; Leslie Olma (President of the Board 2016-17); Scott Mertens; Scott Savage; Tobin Rockey
Submissions in all categories must be received by the end of the day on October 2, 2016. Absolutely no late submissions will be considered after this date. All submissions must be received through Withoutabox or FilmFreeway.
We must receive your entry fee prior to accepting your film for submission. Please make your payment online or you may send a check to the address below. Your fee is non-refundable.
Green Bay Film Festival
211 N. Broadway St. Ste 218
Green Bay, WI 54303
Please be sure your Upload works successfully. We will offer a notification with an opportunity to remedy, but it will affect our screeners. If we don’t hear from you within a reasonable period of time your film will be disqualified.
Should your contact information change, please log into your account platform (Withoutabox or FilmFreeway) and make the changes as soon as possible. We like to follow up with filmmakers and inform them of their status.
You may submit as many films as you like. Each film can only be submitted into one category. We do not offer reduced rates for multiple submissions. Please upload each film separately.
Films selected for screening at the Festival will be notified no later than January 1, 2017. It is our intention to notify filmmakers around November 20th 2016 to verify eligibility.
All attending filmmakers will be provided with two all-access
passes to the 2017 GBFF, good from March 2-5, 2017 and includes all seminars, events and parties. Awards will be presented on Sunday, March 5th.
Early Bird Rates $12 July 1-31, 2016
Regular Rates $15 August 1- September 11, 2016
Late Rates $25 September 12-25, 2016
Extended Rates $35 September 26- October 2, 2016
Features — Shorts — Documentary — Children/Family — Native American – Animation – Horror/Thriller – Wisconsin Made —"In Focus" (featuring “Solidarity: We stand together”, Masculinity, & Hot Topics!)
CAN YOU BE PRESENT AT THE FESTIVAL?
We offer a variety of opportunities for networking, interaction and education for everyone who attends. We hope you will consider attending and we may ask if you can attend prior to committing your film to a special segment. We will be looking for films that can provide a representative at the festival. This includes the writer, producer, director, and/or cast members from the production.
TALKBACKS, SEMINARS, & MARKETING
We have set up the festival to be filmmaker friendly with plenty of press, interfacing with other filmmakers, seminars, and audience interaction. We offer seminars to learn about what is going on in the industry today, to connect, network and learn. We would like to provide our audience with the opportunity to learn more about a variety of film types and filmmaking. We are including question and answer periods after the showings as well as opportunities for our viewers and sponsors to interact with filmmakers.
ELIGIBILITY & FORMAT
The GBFF reserves the right to determine eligibility of any work submitted. All films submitted must have a completion date after January 1, 2015. Preferred format for screening copies are: WAB-upload file to secure screener or FilmFreeway- uploaded file or online link – preferably Vimeo or YouTube.
IF MY FILM INCLUDES NON‐ENGLISH DIALOGUE, DO YOU REQUIRE ENGLISH SUBTITLES?
We ask that if your film includes non-English dialogue that you provide either English subtitles or an English dubbed version.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BY SUBMITTING YOUR FILM YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms and Conditions:
1. I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements of the categories for which I would like this film to be considered.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3. This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its Competition and understand if accepted, that the Festival holds the right to screen my film for Festival screenings, the Films Around Town Series, non-commercial promotional purposes and should a 2.5 min or less trailer not be provided to be able to extract clips from this film for promotional purposes for promotion of the festival only during the year in which the festival plays that the film was submitted for.
5. Should your film be selected, you will need to notify us of all screenings and distribution that will be taking place prior to your film playing at the festival. Should we determine that your line up interfere with the festivals ability to draw an audience, your film will be withdrawn.
6. I understand that the Green Bay Film Festival and Film Green Bay are not responsible for any type of damage to or loss of the print during screenings, at any other time during the course of the Festival, while the film is in the Festival's possession or while en route to or from the Festival, and I release Green Bay Film Festival and Film Green Bay from any and all liabilities regarding damage to or loss of the print while en route to/from the Festival or while it is in their possession.
7. Should this film win an award at the Green Bay Film Festival, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film to name the individual(s) listed on the Award Designation List (to be received upon notice of selection to Festival) to receive any and all award(s). If a film is eligible for an award and no one was designated to accept the award, the award will be deemed forfeit and another award winner will be chosen.
8. In the event the designated party is unable to attend the awards ceremony, I understand that the director and/or producer of the film as listed in the credits of the film shall accept any and all awards in their stead.
9. You must clear all copyrighted material included in your film before you can publicly screen it. The Green Bay Film Festival does not check to make sure that you have cleared these materials at any point during the application process, nor will we be held responsible for any inclusion of un-cleared materials in your film. It is the sole responsibility of the entity submitting the project to secure permission from the copyright holder of the material in question, whether it is music, stock footage, or any other elements that could violate an existing copyright. Quite often, rights holders offer reduced rates for festival films, so you should contact them directly to avoid any possible rights infringements.
10. I am aware Festival may provide critics an opportunity to review films prior to the Festival.
11. I understand that shipping charges of the screening copy of my film to the Festival are my responsibility and the Festival will not return my film to me.