SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Good. The True. The Beautiful. Values that transcend all races, cultures and religions. Throughout history, story has been a primary vehicle for bringing these things into our lives.
Your film is no different.
The industry — the world — needs films that transcend the human experience and writers that are filled with goodness, truth and beauty.
At Act One, it doesn’t matter what level of experience you are, if you’ve got potential, we want to find and help you. This is why we’ve developed the ACT ONE SCREENPLAY COMPETITION.
We want to give an undiscovered screenwriter, an artist that fills their work with goodness, truth and beauty, the opportunity to meet with producers and executives in Los Angeles that can help take your script and make it into a film.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
This competition isn’t for cash prizes, its for something even better. In lieu of a financial prize, we want to give you relationships…relationships with individuals with decades of experience in developing new creative talent. The winner of our screenplay competition will be given the resources, contacts and knowledge to turn your passion for screenwriting into a life-long career. We want to help you build a solid foundation for a sky-high career in the entertainment industry, not just another line on your resume.
Why? Because the entertainment industry is all about relationships. Writing a great script is only the first step. The Act One screenplay competition will help you take that next step of developing relationships with key individuals that have the experience and ability to move your script and career forward.
In addition, Act One is partnering with several multimillion dollar film funds to assist them in finding original, new screenplays to be developed into major motion pictures. The winner of this screenplay competition will be automatically considered by each of these film funds for a chance to be fully financed and produced.
Don’t wait. Submit your screenplay today and see what doors open for you.
Jump on in.
Simply submit your best screenplay(s). One writer from the TOP 25 will be chosen. The judging criteria is based on overall script presentation, originality and marketability. Again, we are for looking for artists whose work represents a passion for story and is imbued with the good, the truth and the beautiful. Writers of all levels from around the world are encouraged to submit.
Since 1999, Act One, Inc., has existed to create a community of Christian professionals for the entertainment industry who are committed to instilling goodness, truth and beauty into all they do, so that through their lives and work they may be witnesses of Christ to fellow artists and to the global culture.
Chris Dalton (Communications and Marketing Director); Chris Dalton (Communications and Marketing Director); Dawn Asher; Jill Brownlee; Terence Berry (Executive Director)
• All scripts must be written in English, 85-130 pages in length, and formatted properly (The Hollywood Standard by Chris Riley will be the reference).
• Only feature length scripts will be accepted.
• Only screenwriters who have made less than $100,000 on a single script are eligible. This does not include prize money from other contests.
• Contestant grants Act One the right to publish contestant’s name, script name, and logline in conjunction with the contest and future contests.
• Scripts that are or have been optioned or sold to a studio or major production company, or those that have already been produced, are not eligible.
• The contest does not imply any offer or guarantee of scripts being optioned or bought.
• Please register each submitted script with the US Copyright Office or the Writer’s Guild of America; Act One will not be liable for any failure to do so.
• Act One alumni are encouraged to apply, but no special preference will be given in the judging process. Any Act One alumni who progress to the quarter-finalist stage or above will be indicated on published materials with a star next to their name. Names will not be revealed to the judges until final decisions are made at each round.
• Act One Staff and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
• The title page of the script will be removed for judging to prevent any potential bias on the basis of name, sex, or geographic location. All entries will be anonymous to the judges.
• Writers may submit multiple scripts for consideration.
For more information and FAQs, visit http://www.actoneprogram.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Act One Script Contest from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.