OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Fusion is the only multi-cultural, gender inclusive, LGBT People of Color Film Festival.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Outfest is a Los Angeles-based nonprofit organization dedicated to nurturing, showcasing and protecting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) media.
One of our programs is Outfest Fusion, a celebration of LGBT People of Color.
Fusion includes a film festival, free filmmaker labs, and inFusion, where LGBT filmmakers of color spend the day on the NBCUniversal lot networking with established entertainment industry professionals.
Fusion was established in 2004 as a first-of-its-kind festival that builds bridges between L.A. communities, celebrates local artists, affirms identity and fights homophobia. Fusion features media produced from the late 1980s to the present -- ground-breaking, community-based, activist films and videos made by brave artists with limited resources but boundless vision and pride. This three-day festival is composed of four programs of multi-ethnic documentary, narrative and experimental short films and videos, as well as receptions, a panel discussion and a community networking fair. Join the celebration!
LUCY MUKERJEE-BROWN (DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMMING)
• Films and videos should be of interest to people of color and the LGBT
community. We are seeking narrative, documentary, experimental and animated films and videos (both features and shorts) in
35mm, 16mm, Digibeta, DCP or HD-Cam. (Upon acceptance, Outfest will provide projection options for the venue in which the film will screen. IF THE FILMMAKER CANNOT PROVIDE THE CORRECT PROJECTION FORMAT, THE FILM WILL NOT BE SCREENED.)
*Outfest now accepts online screeners to be uploaded to Withoutabox for preview screening if you choose to do so.
• DVD (Region 1/North America) will be accepted for preview screening. If your final exhibition format is video, do not submit
your master to us. We are not responsible for any master tapes. Please test consumer-burned DVD on several makes and models of
players before sending it to our offices.
• Preview DVDs must be labeled with the title, running time and contact information (including name, address and phone number).
DVDs must be submitted in 5 1/4” by 7 1/2” plastic safe cases. Please do not use paper labels on DVDs as they can get stuck inside of computers.
• Please note that any DVD copies you submit of your film or video will not be returned. They will be retained at the UCLA Film & Television Archive as part of the Outfest UCLA Legacy Project.
• A completed entry form must be included with every submission. If you are submitting more than one entry, please photocopy and
complete a separate form for each submission.
• Rough cuts and works-in-progress are eligible for submission if the completed film will be ready for QC by February 1st, 2016.
Please label the tape or DVD “Rough Cut” and specify what is missing (i.e. temp sound, needs color correction, etc).
* If you originally submit an online screener and your film is selected for the festival, you will be required to submit a DVD copy of your film for press, distributor, and programmer use during the festival in addition to your exhibition copy.
• By submitting your work to Outfest, you grant to Outfest a non-exclusive license to use an excerpt of your submission DVD of up to two minutes in length, for promotional purposes only, including but not limited to Internet and television broadcast.
• Should your work be accepted to the festival, Outfest reserves the right to make dubs of your DVD for internal use only.
• Still photos from your work are requested with your submission and are required for all films and videos selected for the festival.
Good stills make a difference in film placement and press coverage, particularly for shorts. Even the shortest short can get press
coverage or festival prominence with a captivating still. If you email stills to Outfest they must be in TIFF or JPEG format and 300
dpi (dots per inch).
• You are also encouraged to enclose a synopsis, production credits and press information regarding your film or video.
• To receive acknowledgment of receipt of your entry, enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope or postcard with your submission.
• Please do not send submissions in fiber-filled envelopes, as the dust damages DVD players.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I have read and agree to the festival submission and participation requirements and certify that I am authorized to submit this film or video
to Outfest’s Fusion. I understand that, in the event this work is selected
for the festival, we will retain the submission copy at the UCLA Film
& Television Archive as part of Outfest UCLA Legacy Project. I hold Outfest harmless from damage to or loss of the
print en route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession
of the film or video.