OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Fusion is the only multi-cultural, gender inclusive, LGBT People of Color Film Festival.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Outfest is a Los Angeles-based nonprofit arts organization dedicated to creating, sharing and protecting lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and genderqueer media.
The Outfest Fusion Film Festival was born in 2004 out of a grassroots movement by Outfest alumni filmmakers to promote social change through the power of film. Since then, Fusion has continued to bring the city's multicultural communities together to celebrate LGBT people of color and provide a platform to amplify our voices. Every year at Fusion the under-represented QPOC community is able to see themselves represented on the big screen.
Fusion includes a film festival, filmmaking workshops and masterclasses, a one minute movie contest, and inFusion, a day of networking for LGBT filmmakers of color to spend the day on the NBCUniversal studio lot with entertainment industry professionals.
Lucy Mukerjee-Brown (Director of Programming); Lucy Mukerjee-Brown (Director of Programming)
• Films and videos should be of interest to the queer and people of color and communities. We are seeking narrative, documentary, experimental and animated films and videos (both features and shorts) in
35mm, 16mm, Digibeta, DCP or HD-Cam. (Upon acceptance, Outfest will provide projection options for the venue in which the film will screen. IF THE FILMMAKER CANNOT PROVIDE THE CORRECT PROJECTION FORMAT, THE FILM WILL NOT BE SCREENED.)
*Outfest now accepts online screeners to be uploaded to Withoutabox for preview screening if you choose to do so.
• Rough cuts and works-in-progress are eligible for submission if the completed film will be ready for QC by February 1st, 2017.
Please label the tape or DVD “Rough Cut” and specify what is missing (i.e. temp sound, needs color correction, etc).
• By submitting your work to Outfest, you grant to Outfest a non-exclusive license to use an excerpt of your submission DVD of up to two minutes in length, for promotional purposes only.
• Still photos from your work are requested with your submission and are required for all films and videos selected for the festival.
Good stills make a difference in film placement and press coverage, particularly for shorts. Even the shortest short can get press
coverage or festival prominence with a captivating still. If you email stills to Outfest they must be in TIFF or JPEG format and 300
dpi (dots per inch).
• You are also encouraged to enclose a synopsis, production credits and press information regarding your film.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I have read and agree to the festival submission and participation requirements and certify that I am authorized to submit this film or video to Outfest Fusion. I understand that, in the event this work is selected for the festival, we will retain the submission copy at the UCLA Film & Television Archive as part of Outfest UCLA Legacy Project. I hold Outfest harmless from damage to or loss of the print en route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film or video.