HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
|Independent Feature Films without Distribution.
|Independent Documentary Short Subject films without Distribution. We screen over 25 documentaries each year.
|We have a strong short subject film competition and screen over 80 short films during the weekend. We provide Jury and Audience Awards.
|We love animation and give out two Animation awards!
|We welcome submissions for youth audiences and for the whole family to attend.
|Documentaries 40 minutes in length or more.
|Big Bear Lake International Film Festival supports student filmmakers. Both College students and High School Students. High School students have their own High School Award Category.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU INDICATE THE NAME OF YOUR FILM SCHOOL UNDER ACADEMIC OR IN YOUR COVER LETTER. ALL STUDENTS MUST SEND A PHOTOCOPY OF THEIR STUDENT ID IN WITH THEIR DVD SUBMISSION DISKS!
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Big Bear Lake International Film Festival is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to showcasing emerging film talent and independent films. Our goal is to create a forum by bringing upcoming filmmakers and industry professionals together for a weekend staged in the mountains and the Big Bear Lake community.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
BBLIFF is celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2014. The festival is located 2 hours outside of Los Angeles giving film industry professionals an opportunity to attend and scout for new filmmakers and films to acquire. In addition to a film festival, the festival holds a screenplay competition, filmmaking & screenwriting panels, seminars and roundtables presented by industry professionals.
2014 will celebrate 13 years of our Screenwriting Competition and 8 years screening 3D films.
Andrew Piggott (Co-Executive Director); Derek Slagle (Intern); Erica Tennyson (Co-Executive Director); Erica Tennyson (Director); Erica Tennyson (Director); Erica Tennyson (Director); Monika Skerbelis (Programming Director)
1. The festival is open to U.S. and Foreign films in eight categories:
Feature Films, Documentary Feature Films, Short Subject Films, Documentary Short Subject Films, Animation, Student Films (including High School Films), Family Films and a Sidebar Showcase. We also have a screenwriting competition!
Most years the festival has a special Sidebar Showcase. This year’s showcase will be announced on our website.
2. To be eligible, a film entry must have been completed in 2011, 2012, 2013 or 2014. All film entries must be submitted on DVD to be considered for selection. (Please, NO PAL or SECAM!)
3. Films which have been broadcast on TV or cable or have had theatrical release prior to BBLIFF, are not eligible for any competition but may be screened, out of competition, at the discretion of BBLIFF.
4. Non-English language produced films must be dubbed in English or contain English subtitles.
5. Unless BBLIFF is instructed otherwise, all film entries will be considered for the Jury Award and Audience Award competition(s).
6. All entry fees are non-refundable.
7. All entries screener DVD’s and supporting materials for all deadlines except the WAB Extended Deadline must arrive on or before June 30th, 2014. The WAB Extended Deadline entries must have their screener DVD’s postmarked on or before June 30th, 2014. Failure to do so may disqualify the entry from competition.
8. Mail-in entry fee payments must be sent with the two screener DVD’s and be postmarked on or before the deadline date selected. Failure to do so may require additional fees to be paid to remain in competition.
9. The title of the work, name of entrant, email and correct return address must be on all DVD, digital media and mailing containers. All photos provided must be clearly identified on the back of the photograph or CD. Photos will not be returned & may be used for festival promotions. One digital photo will be required upon acceptance.
10. Student Film submissions must include a clearly legible photocopy of the filmmaker’s current high school or college/film school student identification card. This photocopy should accompany the screener DVD’s.
11. Submitted screener DVD’s will not be returned unless requested with an enclosed SASE or appropriate courier account number to facilitate return.
12. Film producers/distributors are responsible for insurance & shipment costs of films/materials to BBLIFF.
13. Student Films must ensure your high school or college/film school is noted in the cover letter and/or in the appropriate section of your Withoutabox.com entry.
14. Selected film entries will be notified by August 15, 2014 via email and/or posting on our website.
15. If selected, a digital media file (.MP4) and back-up DVD must be in the BBLIFF office by August 29, 2014. It is the responsibility of the Filmmaker(s) to ensure their film(s) is/are delivered by the due date. Upon request, The Big Bear Lake International Film Festival will provide return shipment of film(s) if a self-addressed envelope with appropriate postage, or a FedEx/UPS account number is provided. The Big Bear Lake International Film Festival will NOT incur the cost of return shipments.
16. All entrants grant BBLIFF the right to use an excerpt from any accepted film (not exceeding 3 minutes) for promotional purposes in any and all media, including the festival website.
17. Jury Award winners will be selected from the highest rated films that went through a screening process . The Jury Award winners are selected by a panel of active film industry professionals. Winners agree to participate in the publicity for the Festival as well as other promotional events, including the website. The determination of the winners is final.
18. Filmmakers attending the festival are responsible for travel, lodging and all other expenses.
19. Filmmakers accepted into the BBLIFF will be entitled to the following:
• Two Filmmaker Badges, granting access to all films, panels and seminars.
• Two tickets to the Opening Night Gala
• Two tickets to the Centerpiece Film & Reception
• Two tickets to the Wrap Party & Filmmakers Award Ceremony
• Two invitations to attend the Filmmaker Breakfast
• Two Festival Sponsor Bags
• Access to Industry Networking events
• Admittance to the Filmmaker Lounge
You will have the opportunity to purchase discounted passes and tickets in advance for additional filmmakers, crew, and actors attending the festival with your film.
20. The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival.
21. Unless requested by the filmmaker to return the film submission, the festival reserves the right to retain submission DVD’s/other submitted formats in its film library for a minimum of one year. Unless otherwise noted, winning films remain in the archives permanently.
22. For exhibition, all films should have NTSC colorbars and a 1 khz tone at 0db for 1 min. This will be used to check the quality of each film. All projection is set to standard 4:3 so 16:9 films should be letterboxed or labeled "16x9 ASPECT" for correct projection. All DVD's must have a selection menu and should not auto start.
23. Participation in the Big Bear Lake International Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of all terms included in this application. By submitting your entry, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the General Rules, and to the Terms and Conditions listed below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering, you agree and attest:
1. The information supplied in this entry form is complete and correct.
2. As the director/producer of the film submitted to the Big Bear Lake International Film Festival, I (we) warrant as sole and exclusive owner(s) of all legal and title thereto have absolute authority to submit the enclosed material to the Big Bear Lake International Film Festival.
3. I (we) will indemnify and hold harmless Big Bear Lake International Film Festival, its judges, sponsors and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, or third party claims based on material submitted to Big Bear Lake International Film Festival.
4. Competition winners authorize Big Bear Lake International Film Festival to use their film title, synopsis, name and/or likeness of principle players (director/producer/actor(s)) and publicity stills in pre & post-competition publicity and marketing materials, including the festival website.
5. I (we) assert that I am (we are) eligible for the competition, and that I (we) will notify the Big Bear Lake International Film Festival if I (we) become ineligible prior to the conclusion of the competition.
6. I (we) have read, understand and agree to, and will abide by, all of the rules & regulations posted for the Big Bear Lake International Film Festival.
7. I (we) understand and agree that providing false or misleading information on this entry form, or failing in any other way to comply with the rules of the competition, will subject me (us) to disqualification, forfeiture of prize(s) and/or other penalties.
8. By submitting my (our) film entry through withoutabox.com, I (we) understand and agree to all the terms and conditions of entry.