CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Feature films in the Narrative category must be 40 minutes or more in length. Short films must be under 40 minutes in length.
|All films in the Documentary category must be non-fiction. Documentary Features must be 40 minutes or more in length. Documentary Shorts must be under 40 minutes in length.
|All films in the Animation category may include live action within the film. Animation Features must be 40 minutes or more in length. Animation Shorts must be under 40 minutes in length.
|Made in the Marianas
|All films (narrartive, documentary, animation, music video, features and shorts) must meet one of the three following standards: (1) principally filmed in the Mariana Islands (2) are about the history and culture of any of the Mariana Islands, or (3) key cast or crew (director, producer, screenwriter, and actors) are from any of the Mariana Islands.
Made in the Marianas Features must be 40 minutes or more in length. Made in the Marianas Shorts must be under 40 minutes in length.
|Student Under 18
|The student film category includes students up to the high school level and does not include college students. Student films include those that are produced and filmed inside or outside the classroom and made individually or with a group. Student films include those that are made with limited adult supervision.
Student Features must be 40 minutes or more in length. Student Shorts must be under 40 minutes in length.
|A filmed or videotaped rendition of a recorded original song. Music videos must not exceed 10 minutes in length.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
GIFF strives to capture the passion and spirit of independent filmmakers and their films as we showcase them to the Pacific Asia region.
Community. Education. Entertainment.
The mission of the Guam International Film Festival is to foster cultural understanding through the art of cinema. GIFF achieves this through community outreach, education through festival workshops and efforts to build awareness for social responsibility through our film programming. In addition, GIFF aims to provide opportunities for employment and local businesses to flourish through international cinema and industry related businesses.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
GIFF proudly presents itself as an international cinema event exhibiting a new and dynamic source of cross-cultural artistic presence, bridging gaps among the U.S., Asia and the Pacific’s multi-cultural population and region. GIFF is the first and only annual U.S. film festival in the western pacific.
Only a few hours away from major international metropolitan cities such as Sydney, Manila, Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, and Hong Kong, Guam has always served as the global gateway to an eclectic mix of professionals from the U.S., Asia and Pacific rim offering a platform to exchange opportunities in business and entertainment.
Top films of the festival will receive awards.
GIFF offers one of the most diverse group of nationalities and ethnic communities ever to converge at one film festival.
Don Muna (Festival Director, Co-Founder); J.D. Iriarte (Executive Director); Kel Muna (Co-Founder, Festival Programmer)
We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit Secure Online Screeners via Withoutabox instead of DVDs. (For more info visit: Withoutabox.com)
If you do choose to submit DVDs, all submissions must be postmarked by the final entry deadline of July 21, 2014 and include the correct entry fee. We will not consider films for the 2014 Guam International Film Festival if postmarked after July 21, 2014.
Filmmakers may be students, amateurs and professionals. Films may be of any genre, including narrative films, documentary films, features, shorts, student films, music videos, mobile short and experimental films. Be sure to refer to our GIFF category guidelines on our website. We are particularly interested in presenting Pacific Asian Premieres.
The Festival will not consider works-in-progress but will consider work that did not originate from film. ie: movies recorded on Mobile Devices, DSLR or Digital Video. All films with dialogue in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for Festival Submission and Festival Exhibition.
We will inform you of our official selections in August 2014.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CERTIFICATION OF ENTRANT:
I, the contact person for the film submitted with this application, agree to the following terms and conditions:
• I have read, understood, and completed all eligibility requirements for which I would like this film to be considered.
• To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this application are true.
• I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Guam International Film Festival.
• Entry fees are non-refundable.
• If submitting DVD's, entrants MUST submit TWO (2) DVD copies per entry.
• Films may have language tracks other than English, but must have embedded English subtitles.
• Please mark all entries with contact information including: FILM TITLE, CATEGORY, RUNTIME, DVD REGION, CONTACT’S NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER and YOUR WITHOUTABOX SUBMISSION NUMBER. Screener DVDs and submitted press materials will not be returned.
• Please double-check DVD disc's playability before sending.
• This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
• GIFF reserves the right to determine the final eligibility of any work submitted. Eligible works must have been completed after January 1, 2013. Works accepted to screen at the festival will be categorized and programmed at the sole discretion of GIFF.
• All rights, licenses, clearances, and releases necessary for exhibition of this film to the public have been secured, so that exhibition of this film will not obligate the Guam International Film Festival to make any payment to any third party and will not violate or infringe upon the rights of any individual, firm or corporation whatsoever.
• The Guam International Film Festival may use excerpts from the film and stills for advertising and promotional purposes, in print or electronic materials, online, or at live events.
• By virtue of submitting my work to the Guam International Film Festival for consideration for inclusion in their film festival, I also give the Guam International Film Festival permission and license to screen my work at their film festival without screening fees if my work is selected.
• If selected for the festival, I agree to pay for print shipping costs. The Guam International Film Festival pays for return shipping. (DVD screeners will not be returned)
• All final works must be completed and received no later than July 28, 2014. This contract is binding and you will be held responsible for the information in your submission.
• I hold the Guam International Film Festival harmless from damage to or loss of this print en route to or from GIFF or otherwise during the course of the Festival's possession of the film.
• For additional submission questions: email@example.com