OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Horror can be anything from Alfred Hitchcock's psychological horror to today's slasher horror and everything in between
|Sci-Fi / Fantasy
|Space creatures, other worlds, Hard science or Soft Science. This genre is wide open to what might generally be called speculative fiction. Fantasy means simply apart from reality. Historical, romantic, science fiction fantasy, Knights and damsels, dragons or talking animals, all can fit into the category of fantasy…
|Thriller any film that meets the Thriller definition.
|Student short and mini short Horror, Thriller or Sci Fi.
(40 minutes or under.)
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Our mission is to inspire & promote talented filmmakers & artists from around the world. Hot Springs Arts and Film Institute provides opportunities for networking, exhibition, education, and screenings. We provide a unique venue (Historic Central Theater in Hot Springs National Park, AR.) for the public to experience films on the “Big Screen” often with the filmmakers available to answer questions and share their insights with the audiences … (www.hotspringshorrorfilmfestival.com)
The Hot Springs International Horror Film Festival is an independent film festival, by filmmakers for filmmakers. We recognize and promote a variety of films in the "Horror, Thriller, and Sci-Fi" genres.
The festival screens many incredible films and brings together filmmakers from around the world.
We strive to support independent film and filmmakers.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Hot Springs Arts & Film Institute presents the
HOT SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL HORROR FILM FESTIVAL
by filmmakers for filmmakers...
------- Hot Springs rich history makes it a popular tourist destination for most of the year, but it will soon be host to insidious indie films, blood spattered scream queens, movie monsters, and amazing guests… Special guests have included the likes of Actors; Tyler Mane, known for his roles as Michael Myers in Rob Zombieʼs “HALLOWEEN” films, Eileen Dietz "EXCORCIST" and Leslie Easterbrook. Directors like; Jeff Burr, CHAINSAW MASSACRE," "PUMPKINHEAD" and David Schmoeller "PUPPET MASTER” plus many industry professionals.The festival is hosted by Tamara Glynn known for her role as Samantha in “HALLOWEEN 5". The festival director Bill Volland is an award-winning Producer and known for his Art Direction & Production Design on Movies and TV Series (Top Dog, Silk Stalkings).
Hot Springs National Park, AR.,
go to www.hotspringshorrorfilmfestival.com
or find us on Facebook for more information…
Guest and filmmaker comments:
"What a great weekend of networking and screenings and sharing our love of filmmaking! We came away from the Hot Springs Horror Film Festival feeling like we suddenly had a much larger family. Can't wait to get back!!"
- Tyler Mane –
"We had such a great time at last year's event, and I'm thrilled to co-host the 2014 Hot Springs Horror Film Festival with Tamara! I can't wait to share our excitement for, and love of, the genre with each and every guest!"
- Renae Geerlings –
“I have been a guest speaker at many, many film festivals and I gotta tell you all, The Hot Springs Horror Film Festival 2013 was !!@!$&!!ing fantastic. I had such an awesome time. Every short film and feature were of the utmost quality and so much fun as were the Filmmakers with whom I made lasting friendships. I can't say enough about the fantastic hosts. the incomparable Tamara Glynn and the always gracious and organized Bill Volland. I cannot wait for October to see everyone again.”
Exorcist/Constantine/Planet of the Apes
“Hot Springs International Horror Film Festival (HSHFF) is a celebration of genre cinema by filmmakers for filmmakers. Located in one of Arkansas' most treasured historic regions, HSHFF places special emphasis on education, in addition to showcasing quality independent motion pictures.”
Filmmaker / Producer
“Hot Springs Horror was one of the festival highlights for “An American Terror”. Although we screened at many festivals, very few reached out to us in the personal way that HSHFF did. It was a refreshing dose of humanity in year of often impersonal interactions. They had a great line up in a fantastic environment.”
“An American Terror has amassed 13 awards from 9 different festivals, plus another dozen nominations. Although we are still fielding distribution offers, the film’s success has opened numerous doors for future productions. The future looks very bright for our team.”
Thanks for everything!
American Horror Film, LLC
HSHFF offers filmmakers a chance to participate in film screenings, Q & A’s, educational and distribution panels, workshops, and one on one networking opportunities with other filmmakers and celebrity guests. The festival provides every (submitted) filmmaker or (filmmaker representative) with a “Filmmaker Festival Pass” for the four day event. Discounted lodging is posted on our website and within walking distance to the Historic Central Theater.
Prizes range from “4 wall screenings” to sponsored prizes from film industry names like Black Magic, Mane Entertainment, Daufenbach Camera, Regal Cinemas and more. Awards can include trophies, promotional items and swag. Category winners, and some runners up, get complementary fast tracked into “FILMCOM” where they get a chance to pitch their film to a finance and distribution panel.
The Historic Central Theater is one of the oldest Motion Picture Theaters in the country and the epicenter of this 4-day event. Newly renovated, the Central Theater is located at 1008 Central Avenue in historic downtown Hot Springs, AR. The boyhood home of former President Bill Clinton and a favorite stomping ground of mobster Al Capone, Hot Springs offers a rich history and this services to make it a popular tourist destination for most of the year. The National Park is the oldest in the national park system, 40 years older than Yellowstone National Park. Hot Springs is surrounded by 7 lakes and 43 hot springs. Known as the “Valley of the Vapors” or the “Spa City” it is Americas first national park. Hot Springs is host to museums, magic shows, art galleries, unique restaurants, antique shops, haunted and amphibious Duck Tours, Central Ave’s “Bathhouse Row” and the “Mountain Tower”. You can find out more on Hot Springs at: http://www.hotsprings.org
Film Festival Sponsorships: the Hot Springs Arts & Film Institute (nonprofit organization) relies on support from public and private grants, as well as individual and corporate sponsors. Major film festival sponsors include, Visit Hot Springs, The Hot Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau, The Historic Central Theater, and Hot Springs Hotel & Spa. Sponsorship levels for individuals and corporations include a variety of benefits and opportunities for recognition. For more information on sponsorship and promotional opportunities please contact us at email@example.com
"HOT SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL HORROR FILM FESTIVAL"
Find us on facebook
Bill Volland (Administrator); Bill Volland (Administrator); Bill Volland (Administrator)
Guidelines, rules, and regulations of our festival/competition:
Not meeting eligibility requirements may be cause for disqualification.
Each film will be judged solely on its own merits. We only accept original productions of a horror, suspense, thriller or science fiction/fantasy nature. Documentaries, comedies, animation and works of non-fiction related to the horror genre ARE acceptable for submission. We will not accept any hard core XXX adult material, any films that feature actual human/animal cruelty.(and/or any depictions of actual human/animal torture, cruelty or death).
Festival directors and members of the program are designated judges. Festival volunteers and special guests may also be appointed judges in some cases.
1. Hot Springs Horror Film Festival and HSAFI will hold your submitted film for 1 year, after which, if you would like to resubmit, you can. All screening copies submitted to the festival, are kept by the Hot Springs Horror Film Festival and HSAFI for reuse at future festivals or screenings. Any exceptions must be pre-agreed upon by both parties.
2. Entrants must submit two DVD or Blu-ray viewing/preview copies for consideration. Please test the DVD's or Blu-ray's on a standard DVD/Blu-ray player. (Region 0 or 1)
3. Entry forms and payments will not be processed without accompanying DVD's/Blu-ray's. Please make checks payable to: Hot Springs Arts & Film Institute
4. All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles (unless special arrangements have been made with festival).
5. All entries must attach the WAB four-digit code and the (RT) running time on the DVD's or Blu-ray's.
6. We encourage submitting as much publicity material as is available. These additional materials cannot be returned.
7. Any materials that entrants wish to be seen by the programming committee should be submitted in duplicate with this application.
8. Exceptions to the festival regulations must be pre authorized by the festival director.
9. We reserve the right to combine categories and or awards.
10. If your film/video is selected for screening, you may be asked to provide another copy for projection purposes. This copy would be in addition to the online secure screener, DVD's and or Blu-ray's already submitted.
11. We reserve the right to cancel a screening of any film submitted and or officially selected at anytime without notice.
12. We may use all or part of your film for promotions.
1. Please use a large envelope for shipping, do not send your entries in a box (no boxes).
2. The cost of shipping an entry to the festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or C.O.D. shipment will not be accepted.
3. All film submission mailings MUST be marked with the quote "no signature required" on the delivery option.*
4. Please be sure you have clearly marked on your DVD's or Blu-ray's:
A. the title of your film.
B. the RT (or running time)
C. the WAB four digit code (you will get this when you submit through Withoutabox).
The Central Theater
The Hot Springs Horror Film Festival
1008 Central Ave.
Hot Springs, AR.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Certification of Entrant
I/We, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree:
1. I/We have read, understated and fully comply with all submission eligibility information, Submission Guidelines, Terms and Conditions of Entry and Entry Eligibility Requirements.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true;
3. This film or video is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation;
4. I/We am duly authorized to submit this film to the festival;
5. I/We hold the Hot Springs International Horror Film Festival and Hot Springs Arts & Film Institute (hereafter known as HSAFI) harmless from any damage to the print(s) or tape(s) en route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film;
6 I/We hold the Hot Springs International Horror Film Festival and HSAFI, its owners, management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers and etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry.
7. I/We certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the entered work.
8.. I/We give permission for the Hot Springs International Horror Film Festival and HSAFI to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the film for promotional purposes
9. I/We give permission for the Hot Springs International Horror Film Festival and HSAFI to screen the film at the Festival as well as any Festival presentations, programs, and/or events.
10. I/We also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead and I/we fully indemnify the Festival against any claim made for such violations of law.
11 . I/We understand that failure to adhere to the Festival rules or Terms and Conditions will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
12. I/We agree to hold the Hot Springs International Horror Film Festival and HSAFI harmless from and defend them against all claims, demands, losses, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any film submitted to the Hot Springs International Horror Film Festival.
13. These terms and conditions must be signed by all submitting parties before they will be eligible for competition or screening.