DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
|Feature Films (Fiction & Documentary)
|Feature films are 55 minutes in length or longer and will be shown as part of the following festival strands:
DRAMA SHOWCASE - Films surveying outstanding achievements in American and International fiction.
COMEDY SECTION - These films showcase a wide range of comedic expression including independent, international, documentary, and animation.
DOCUMENTARY SHOWCASE - Films surveying outstanding achievements in contemporary documentary making.
NEW JERSEY SPOTLIGHT - Films about NJ or with NJ connected talent.
FAMILY FILMS - Films for all ages.
|Short Films (as part of "NJ Spotlight" section)
|Short films (55 min or less in length) are eligible for MFF's "New Jersey Spotlight" section, dedicated to films about NJ or with NJ connected talent.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Montclair Film Festival (MFF), a non-profit organization, exists to nurture and showcase the talents of filmmakers from around the world. The Festival creates a cultural focal point in the Township of Montclair that unites, empowers, educates and celebrates the region’s diverse community and robust artistic heritage.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The third annual Montclair Film Festival takes place April 28 - May 4, 2013. The festival will entertain film enthusiasts and professionals from across the region and country with seven days of compelling independent films, comedies, documentaries, panels, family events and work by emerging artists. The festival will provide a platform for talented filmmakers from around the world and give special recognition to New Jersey-connected work.
Past MFF guests have including Lake Bell, Ice-T, Kathleen Turner, Olympia Dukakis, Michael Moore, Judy Blume, Patrick Wilson, Stephen Colbert and many others.
"A film festival with more of everything." –The New York Times
Bob Feinberg (Chairman of MFF's Board of Directors)
; Bob Feinberg (Chairman of MFF's Board of Directors)
; Meredith Ladov (MFF General Manager)
; Raphaela Neihausen
; Raphaela Neihausen (Executive Director)
; Thom Powers (MFF Festival Director)
• Feature films are more than fifty five (55) minutes.
• Shorts film are eligible only for the "New Jersey Spotlight" section and must be fifty five (55) minutes or less, including all credits.
• If the film is in a language other than English, it must be subtitled or dubbed in English.
• Please submit one DVD (Region 1 or Region-free NTSC).
• Each DVD must have an individual outer case.
• All entries must be labeled with the title, running time, WAB tracking number, and contact information (contact name, e-mail and phone number). This information must be on the DVD itself and on the outer case.
• MFF will make every attempt to contact you if there is damage to an entry, but cannot be held responsible if entry is not considered due to poorly recorded or unplayable media.
• Please do not send submissions in fiber-filled envelopes, as the dust damages DVD players.
• Filmmakers may submit more than one film; each film must be accompanied by its own Entry Form and Entry Fee.
• All entries must be sent with prepaid shipping. Collect or C.O.D. (cash on delivery) shipments are not accepted. MFF will not assume responsibility or accept shipments incurring expenses for terminal charges, duties, taxes or customs brokerage. Please indicate on your shipping bill that all transportation and customs charges will be billed to the sender.
• The Entry Fee is non-refundable.
• DVDs and other submitted materials will not be returned. Please do not send film prints, master tapes or other originals.
• All filmmakers will be notified of their status by approx. March 31, 2014 via e-mail.
• Please keep us informed of any changes regarding your contact information
• Due to the number of submissions, MFF cannot provide feedback on any entries.
• For questions regarding submissions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with "ENTRIES" in the subject line.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting this film, I understand that I am agreeing to the following:
• I have the legal right to represent and to submit this film to Montclair Film Festival ("MFF") and to the best of my knowledge, all statements on this document are true;
• There is no action, suit, claim or proceeding pending, affecting or, to the best of my knowledge, threatened against this film or its producers in connection with this film;
• Music and any other third party material clearances and all copyright clearances are my sole responsibility. MFF will not be held responsible for any legal disputes regarding the exhibition of this film. Noncompliance may affect, delay, and/or disqualify my entry.
• If this film is selected for screening at MFF, I grant MFF the right to screen this film at the Festival;
• I understand and agree that my film entry, if selected for MFF, may be used for promotional purposes for MFF and/or its partners; and I grant MFF and its partners the rights to use footage (not to exceed 5 minutes), stills and/or titles and information from the film for such promotional purposes;
• Should this film win any award, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film entry to receive all cash prizes and awards and to distribute them appropriately;
• I fully indemnify and hold MFF and each of its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, contractors, sponsors, licensees and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses in connection with my film, including:
o reasonable attorneys’ fees and other expenses of defense arising from or in connection with any breach of any of the foregoing agreements, representations or warranties or from or in connection with any litigation or any claim or proceeding commenced by a third party alleging or arising from libel, slander, defamation, invasion of privacy, infringement, unauthorized use or any other right of such third party or wrongful conduct
o damage to or loss of the film print or videotapes en route to or from MFF or during the course of MFF's possession of the entry;
o and any claims which may arise in connection with my film.
If your film is selected to screen in MFF, you will need to provide the following:
o Projection print or video by required deadline. Filmmaker is responsible for the delivery costs of the print shipment to the festival, including any applicable customs fees. MFF will return the print to the supplier or to the next destination as indicated by the supplier at the festival's conclusion. The festival does not provide extra insurance for originals or masters.
o Press kits, trailers, promotional materials and additional screeners for preview;
o Screener copies for MFF press liaison (optional)
Please do not send these materials until your film is selected for the program. The festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible if incorrect information is entered.
Note: MFF has the right to change any information contained in this document (including Festival dates, venues, events, awards and eligibility requirements) without further notice.