DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
|Narrative (fiction) films of 40 minutes or less from any filmmaker produced anywhere in the world are accepted for entry.
|Narrative (fiction) films greater than 40 minutes in length, from any filmmaker produced anywhere in the world are accepted for entry.
|Documentary films greater than 40 minutes in length, from any filmmaker produced anywhere in the world are accepted for entry.
|Documentary films of 40 minutes or less minutes from any filmmaker produced anywhere in the world are accepted for entry.
|Heartland Student Short
|Student (both college and highschool) films of 40 minutes or less in any genre: animation, documentary, narrative, fiction from * Kansas or Missouri.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Updated name. Same great festival!
Kansas City FilmFest International (formally known as Kansas City FilmFest) unites educational, cultural and film organizations in a celebration of independent filmmaking from around the world. Each year the festival builds on its tradition of bringing inspiring, thought-provoking, and entertaining films to Kansas City audiences and offers opportunities for artists and filmmakers to network, and develop their craft and art. KCFFI encourages filmmakers to attend the festival so they can have the opportunity to interact and engage with our great Kansas City audiences!
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Updated name. Same great festival!
KC FilmFest International (formally known as Kansas City FilmFest) is celebrating it’s 23rd year of bringing independent film to Kansas City audiences. Please join us!
• Five days of independent films from around the country and the world!
• 120 + narrative and documentary shorts and features
• All topics, and in addition, film tracks on CinemaJazz, Women Directed Films, Latin Cinema, Black Voices Matter, Alternate Stories, World Cinema, Every Game Has a Story and more
• Filmmaker panels, seminars, opening receptions and nightly after-parties
• Audience Choice award & nine juried awards selected by film professionals from across the U.S.
• Engaged, enthusisastic, arts-oriented audiences
• Five screens at Cinemark Palace on the Country Club Plaza
• Located in the heart of the Country Club Plaza, the unique 15 block outdoor shopping district with dozens of restaurants, galleries, shops, and just blocks from the internationally recognized Nelson Atkins Museum of Art.
•Visiting Filmmakers are treated to a complimentary tour of the American Jazz Museum, Negro Leagues Baseball Museum and a KC BBQ lunch!
Each year the festival builds on its tradition of bringing inspiring, thought-provoking, and entertaining films to Kansas City audiences and offers opportunities for artists and filmmakers to network, and develop their craft and art. KCFFI encourages filmmakers to attend the festival so they can have the opportunity to interact and engage with our great Kansas City audiences!
Over the years, our visiting filmmakers let us know how much they've enjoyed screening for, and interacting with, our engaged and enthusiastic audiences! Filmmakers planning on attending should notify Kansas City FilmFest International as soon as possible, so their names may be listed in the scheduled program with their film to be in attendance.
Final jurors for Kansas City FilmFest International 2019 will come from a selection of industry professionals in filmmaking, distribution, film media, and festival programmers.
Kansas City FilmFest International is the longest running and largest film festival in the Kansas City Metro Area. It's presented and governed by the Kansas City Filmmakers Jubilee, a nonprofit arts organization, which debuted its first film festival in April 1997.
Barbara Noble (Board Chair); Stacey Woelfel (Vice Chair); Veronica Elliott Loncar (Executive Director)
Fiction, experimental and/or animation films may be original or adapted from a previously published source. All footage must be original. Documentaries may include footage from other sources. In ALL genres the music may be original or an interpretation but you must certify receipt of any and all releases &/or permissions. To be considered for competition, no public screening should have been held in the Kansas City Metro Area past December 1, 2018.
Submission implies acceptance of the Rules and Regulations by all producers, directors and/or their agents submitting material.
• NO ENTRY FEE WAIVERS.
• Works in progress will NOT be considered for competition or screened at 2019 Kansas City FilmFest International
• All work must be entered no later than the final deadline date (December 28, 2018.)
• Entries must have been completed either on or after August 1, 2017.
• All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
• The filmmaker(s) must secure all rights, licenses, clearances and releases necessary for exhibition. A completed entry through Withoutabox will be accepted as acknowledgment of the entrant having done so.
• All entry materials become the property of the 2019 Kansas City FilmFest International
• All work must be completed and submitted no later than the deadline date ( and will not be returned. No refunds. By submitting this material you acknowledge the Jubilee's right to copy any submitted material for KCFFI's non-commercial use only.
• All determinations will be made and clarified by Kansas City FilmFest International programmers and jurors. Their decisions are final. Kansas City FilmFest International reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any project and to rule on cases not foreseen by these guidelines. Work will be classified as a competitive or non-competitive entry at the sole discretion of Kansas City FilmFest International .
ACCEPTED FILMS: Should your film be accepted in the 2019 Kansas City FilmFest International , you grant KCFFI the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Kansas City FilmFest International for promotional purposes.
Agreements: If your film or video is accepted for screening in the 2019 Kansas City FilmFest International , you agree to and understand the following:
• FORMAT: You agree to provide the festival a digital upload for exhibition. DCP must be approved by the Content Manager. ONLY feature films may send DCP. Films must be received no later than March 21, 2019 so we can build the program reels.
• SHIPPING: If you are mailing an exhibition copy, you are responsible for the arrangements and cost of shipping the exhibition copy to Kansas City FilmFest International .
• PUBLICITY: Upon acceptance, you will be requested to submit to Kansas City FilmFest International with digital stills and other digital and printed press materials. You are required to work with Kansas City FilmFest International 's PR department for any press outreach.
• LOSS & DAMAGE: Every precaution will be taken to safeguard films, videos and publicity materials while they are in the possession of the Kansas City FilmFest International/Jubilee. However, if loss or damage occurs, Kansas City FilmFest International/Jubilee cannot accept or assume responsibility.
KCWIFT & KCFFI Short Screenplay Contest- Please go to this link to enter :
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements of the categories for which I would like this film to be considered.
To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
The film entered is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its Competition and understand that the Festival holds the right to screen my film for Festival screening and promotional purposes and to extract clips from this film for promotional purposes. I understand this may include online streaming of clips on Festival or Festival sponsor sites.