SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
|The feature films category will be accepting works of fiction running more than 60 minutes.
|The short films category will be accepting works of fiction running less than 60 minutes.
|The documentaries category will be accepting works of non-fiction of any running time.
|The music video category will be accepting any music video wth a running time of under 15 minutes.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
This festival is being organized by artists who care deeply about the city of Paterson, New Jersey. We want people from all over the world to come see our city and the thriving arts scene that it is home to. A portion of the proceeds generated by the festival are given directly to local nonprofit organizations that exist to benefit the arts in Paterson.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
This festival is being organized by artists who care deeply about Paterson and who would like to bring attention to the thriving arts center in Paterson's Historic District. The films selected for the festival will be shown in Paterson's Historic District, which surrounds the Great Falls National Park. Venues include the Paterson Museum, the Ivanhoe Building, and several other historic buildings in the area.
The festival is partnering with local nonprofit organizations and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to benefit the arts scene in Paterson. These funds are used to support things like after school art education for children and spaces for local artists to create and exhibit their work.
Also, PF3 (Paterson Falls Film Festival) supports film makers from local colleges and universities by granting winners in the student division scholarships towards completing their education and/or funding for films. This division of the festival is and always will be free to enter for any students of the participating schools.
Tazio Ruffilo (Festival Registrar)
; Tazio Ruffilo (Festival Registrar)
CATEGORY ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES:
• Feature films are works of fiction running more than 60 minutes.
• Documentaries are works of non-fiction of any running time.
• The Animation category refers to works of animation of any running time.
• Short films are works of fiction running less than 60 minutes.
• Music Videos refers to any music video wth a running time of under 15 minutes.
• Please submit either a hard copy DVD, BluRay (Region 1 or Region-free NTSC) or a disc with one of the following file formats (.avi, .mpeg, mov and .wmv). Secure online screeners are also an acceptable form of submitting your film.
• Each submitted disc must have an individual outer case.
• All entries must be labeled with the title, running time, WAB tracking number, and contact information of the filmmaker (contact name, e-mail and phone number). This information must be on the DVD itself and on the case.
• All entries must be sent with prepaid shipping.
• The Entry Fee is non-refundable.
• DVDs and other submitted materials will not be returned.
• All filmmakers will be notified of their status by approx. March 31, 2013.
• Cash prizes are conditioned upon winners personal presence and acceptance at the festival..
• Please keep us informed of any changes regarding your contact information
• Due to the number of submissions, PF3 will not be providing feedback on any entries.
• For questions regarding submissions, email us at email@example.com with "SUBMISSION" as the subject line.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting this film, I understand that I am agreeing to the following: • I have the legal right to submit this film to the Paterson Falls Film Festival (PF3) and to the best of my knowledge, all statements on this document are true; • There is no action, suit, claim or proceeding pending, affecting or, to the best of my knowledge, threatened against this film or its producers in connection with this film; • Music and any other third party material clearances and all copyright clearances are my sole responsibility. PF3 will not be held responsible for any legal disputes regarding the exhibition of this film. Noncompliance may affect, delay, and/or disqualify my entry. • If this film is selected for screening at PF3, I grant PF3 the right to screen this film at the Festival; • I understand and agree that my film entry, if selected for PF3, may be used for promotional purposes for PF3 ; and I grant PF3 the rights to use footage (not to exceed 2 minutes), stills and/or titles and information from the film for such promotional purposes; • Should this film win any award, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film entry to receive all cash prizes and awards and to distribute them appropriately; • I fully indemnify and hold PF3 and each of its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, contractors, sponsors, licensees and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses in connection with my film, including: reasonable attorneys’ fees and other expenses of defense arising from or in connection with any breach of any of the foregoing agreements, representations or warranties or from or in connection with any litigation or any claim or proceeding commenced by a third party alleging or arising from libel, slander, defamation, invasion of privacy, infringement, unauthorized use or any other right of such third party or wrongful conduct; damage to or loss of the film print or videotapes en route to or from PF3 or during the course of PF3's possession of the entry; and any claims which may arise in connection with my film. If selected: If your film is selected to screen in PF3, you will need to provide the following: a DVD or BluRay of your film by our required deadline. The filmmaker is responsible for the delivery costs of the shipment to the festival, including any applicable customs fees. Press kits, trailers, and promotional materials : The festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible if incorrect information is entered. Note: PF3 has the right to change any information contained in this document (including Festival dates, venues, events, awards and eligibility requirements); submitters, however, will be notified of any changes prior to their taking effect.