As a part of the Palm Springs International Film Festival, there will be an Online Film Festival that will showcase films from around the world that have been available online prior to the festival. In Palm Springs, we know that content and viewership online is an important part of building your portfolio as a filmmaker but we also know the importance of festival exposure. We look forward to seeing your films that meet the following guidelines:
• Films must have been completed in 2014 or 2015.
• Films must be no more than 15 minutes in length – including credits
• All non-English language films must have English language subtitles.
• Film is available online in its entirety without requiring a password
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Palm Springs International ShortFest provides a showcase and market for the best short-form cinema and its creators in the world. We welcome both student and non-student filmmakers.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Palm Springs International ShortFest -- now in its 21st year -- is one of the largest showcase of short films in North America. The seven day competitive festival screens approximately 300 films from 40 countries in a series of 90 minute programs, as well as a concurrent Palm Springs International ShortFest Online Film Festival. All films submitted, whether screened in the Festival or not, are eligible to participate in the Market, which consists of a video film library and 20 viewing stations open to sales agents, distributors and other industry representatives. The Festival has twenty competitive categories with prize money, film stock and production services valued over $70,000.00 to be awarded for first and second places in addition to a "Best of Festival" award and a "Future Filmmaker" award. All first place winners in the Live Action and Animation categories, and the Best of the Fest Award winner will automatically become eligible for nomination consideration by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in the short film categories.
Palm Springs ShortFest prioritizes premiere status when selecting films for competition.
Darryl Macdonald (Executive Director)
; David Lee (Marketing Manager)
; Felicia Alford
; Laura Henneman (Programmer)
; Liz Marion
; Liz Marion (Film Administrator)
; Rhea Lewis-Woodson (Managing Director)
Films must have been completed in 2014 or 2015.
Films must be no more than 40 minutes in length including credits.
Films shot in other formats must be available for projection in DCP
All non-English language films must have English language subtitles.
If the film has been viewed on the internet or national broadcast, cable or satellite television, or have had a public screening in the Palm Springs area prior to the Festival screening. (press screening and/or cast/crew screening is not considered a public screening); then it is only eligible for the Online Film Festival category.
Online Screener must be uploaded no later than the deadline date to qualify for the respective entry fees.
For Student entries, a photocopy of an official student ID or a letter from the school must be sent with the entry submission as proof of student status when the film was made.
Submissions will not be returned.
Changing the screening format from what is listed on the application is not permissible.
Films accepted into the festival must arrive with shipping, customs duties and taxes pre-paid, by June 9, 2015.
IF SELECTED, a digital press kit must be provided. Digital press kits are required. -At least two (2) publicity stills from the film titled with name of film labeled FilmTitle 1 of 2, etc.
-Full production credits and director's biography.
-Film synopsis 50 words.
CHECK MUST BE IN US DOLLARS drawn on a US Bank. NO NON-US CHECKS ACCEPTED
If you would like notification that your entry has been received, please include a stamped self-addressed post card. You will also be able to check that we have received your materials by checking your Withoutabox account.
When you provide a check as payment, you authorize PSIFF either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.
NO FEE WAIVERS - please don't ask.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The print source will be responsible for the cost of print shipment to the festival, including any custom duties or charges. PSIFSF, in turn, will return the print shipping pre-paid to the supplier or to the next destination as indicated by the supplier at the festival's conclusion. The PSIFSF will not be responsible for any custom duties or charges. Foreign entrants, please be sure to include "temporary import/cultural exchange" and "no commercial value" on your paperwork.
2. The festival handles prints with the utmost of care and provides insurance of loss or damage to a maximum value of US$400.00 (or cost of replacement, whichever is less). The festival does not provide extra insurance for originals or masters.
3. Permission for the festival to use excerpts of each submitted film, not to exceed 3 minutes, for promotional purposes is considered granted upon submission - including trailers/clips on the festival's YouTube channel.
4. Submission DVDs are not returned.
5. Participation in PSIFSF implies understanding and acceptance of above regulations and requirements of this application.
6. The Festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible if incorrect information is entered.
I have read and accept the above regulations.